Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2003 6:22:54 PM EDT
I recently put a set of Meprolight adjustable night sites on my Glock 23.  I like the sites, they are bright and being adjustable, they have increased my accuracy with the gun.  The fron Meprolight site, however, is much taller than the standard site that it replaced and the gun no longer fits in my Fobus holster.  It scrapes a bit along the top, probably too much to remove material from the holster and have the gun fit well.

Any holster recommendations that would accomodate the slightly taller front site?

Thanks,
Dave
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 6:46:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy leather...I f\prefer Milt Sparks.  place your pistol in an old sweat sock...jamin it in the holster, leave overnite-works every time.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 7:39:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I have non adjustable Meps on both my 23s. My front site is 5/32" tall. I'm not sure how much taller your front site is than mine, but in the www.sidearmor.com holster it could be 2x taller and still not have clearance problems. I've used their Kydex iwb holster for 2 years now, and it is the best holster I've owned.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 8:53:49 PM EDT
[#3]
You have a great gun with great sights. Buy yourself a great holster to go with it. Sidearmor, Blade-Tec, Safariland, etc.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 3:11:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a meprolight non-adjustable rear and an ameriglo front which is taller than the meprolight front I had before it.  I use a BlackHawk tactical thigh holster.  I love blackhawk's equipment.

http://www.blackhawkindustries.com
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 8:03:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 4:05:19 PM EDT
[#6]
most quality holsters should have a sight channel that will accomodate various heights of front sights-never had that problem before.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:39:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Take a look at Comp-Tac Kydex holsters.  They are made one at a time in Houston, Texas.  Extremely well made, and it's the last holster that you will ever buy for your G23.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top