Change the recoil spring.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 10:42:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Stop limp wristing.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 11:01:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 11:14:45 AM EDT
[#4]
This is common I've heard, although my 17,19 and 34 all work with my M3 attached. The Streamlight/Insight is lighter and less durable than the Surefire. Lighter might not be a good thing in this case. You want the frame to stay put and the slide to move. Not sure how a light screws this up, but it does. Did you complain to Glock?
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 3:29:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Well if you need to leave the guns stock for liability, then live with the FTF and stovepipes. Changing the recoil spring will fix the problem.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 9:03:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 9:47:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I not sure I understand where your coming from. I guess you posted in order to get other peoples opinion and experiences regarding this situation. When people give their response, you tell the to bit your arse, or dismiss it outright.

I shoot a modified glock in IPSC/USPSA competition. I've added weight to the gun in order to get it to shoot flatter during rapid fire. Adding this weight did affect how the gun cycled and ejected the brass. Commonly with the Glock we change the recoil spring to compensate for the added weight.

I've shot a friends glock 22 with the m3 tac light installed. He went to a 20# spring. He claimed he had problems with the gun cycling properly.

I personally perfer to use a hand held light as opposed to a weapon mounted one. That's my preference. You do what you wish.

Again I don't know what you wish to accomplish. You can modify your gun, or change equipment. Your not going to get any other insight here. This is a internet board, not real life or a game.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:44:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The recoil is breaking bulb filaments like there is no tomorrow.  

Would you bet your life or that of your loved ones that changing a recoil spring will fix this?  Would you bet your house, car, boat, on it too?  

If it is that simple, where is the recall?  What is the spring part number and specifications?  

You see, this is not a game.  

Its not a game for us . Most of carry Modified guns everyday to protect our self and our familys.

Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:58:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 7:15:09 AM EDT
[#10]
You guys are using the little G33 as what? A main entry handgun? I cannot see why you would even want to attach a light on what should be a second, or even third handgun for a SWAT operator. For me, I would certainly prefer a G17 that works to a G33 that does not, but why thw "baby" gun/light combo?

And you are correct, it is not a game, so #1 issue is reliability...consequently, if stuck with a given set-up, aftermarket may be the only way to make it reliable.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:16:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top