Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/24/2003 12:53:17 PM EDT
I was wondering how difficult it is to switch sights on a glock, if I have a sighting tool. What else would I need or should I just pay someone else to do it?
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:59:15 AM EDT
If you are swapping factory sights, it is a cake walk. As for installing night sights, only use the sight pusher tool. If you don't have the tool, have someone else do it.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 8:18:30 AM EDT
I've used a hammer and a $0.35 brass rod to install two sets of Heinie Sights on my G34 and G21. However, if you slip and break the tritium inserts on your new sights doing this incorrectly, I hightly doubt you'd be able to get a warranty replacement.

Also, on most aftermarket fronts, use a (I think) 3/8" thin walled socket - no need to wrench it down too tight or you'll stretch the mounting screw. Tighten until any slop is gone and then no more than half a turn.

I use blue loc-tite also, some say you're insane for not using red loc-tite, but blue has always worked fine (and that's why GlockTalk was invented: a place for point-shooting weirdos to freak out over what color loc-tite people use)
Top Top