Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/7/2003 5:41:01 PM EDT
I am picking up a new 21 in a few days once my wait is done. Any suggestions for a good tac light. I want to keep this in a nearby nightstand to and will be protection what are the dogs barking at gun. I thought about a M6, or a surefire, but one of my canine officer LEO patients told me that he has had FTF with an M3 on his Glock 40. Any help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 6:16:33 PM EDT
I like surfire, but perfer a hand held light. That way I don't have to point my gun at EVERYTHING that I point my light at.

Both systems/techinques have their virtures and liabilities. If the light affects the reliablity of the gun to cycle you can change recoil springs to compensate for the greater weight/mass
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:19:09 AM EDT
I have a M3 on my 17 for a nightstand gun but for normal carry I use a Surefire 6P. I have never had any trouble out of the M3 on mine. Just my .02.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 7:53:09 AM EDT
I dont know if you have your heart set on the Surefire/Streamlight options, but if you are open, the Glock Factory light is made BY Glock, FOR Glock. About $90-$100 beats the hell out of the price tags carried by some of the other lines.

Personally, I have a Streamlight Stinger, and a Surefire M2 Millennium. Both are handheld, both are excellent.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 12:47:56 PM EDT
I use the M6, laser/light combo. Every bit as bright as surefire, and every bit as expensive.
Top Top