Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2003 4:31:26 PM EDT
this only happened once. the case head was against the slide breech face, and the case mouth was up against the barrel hood, with two crush marks from the hood. it didn't eject the spent case or try to load another from the magazine. it seems like the slide didn't go all the way back to eject the case, and came forward with the case still in the extractor. could this be form not holding the pistol properly?(limpwristing?) or a weak recoil spring? the gun is only 6 months old, i'm the first owner. i bought it new.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:30:15 AM EDT
[#1]
This here internet problem diagnosis can be kinda tough, but...

This appears to be a "failure to eject" malfunction.

Unless you were using some sort of weird, convoluted grip on the gun or were in an unusual firing position, the fact that you have shot it without a problem for 6 months pretty well rules out limp-wristing.

Almost certainly not a spring issue either.

This type of thing is often caused by a dirty chamber and/or an unlubed gun. Usually one indicates the other ala an unlubed gun that has ben fired a lot may also have a dirty chamber, etc. If the weapon was reasonably clean and lubed, I would suspect the ammo.

Even the very best manufacturers will occasionally let a bad round slip through the inspection process. If this is the only time it has happened, I would not let it keep me awake at night.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:47:54 AM EDT
[#2]
i'm not really concerned about it, just wanted some input on this type of problem. all the ammo i shoot, i reload. the gun is always spotless. i may have forgot to lube the slide rails last time out. but the barrel was lubed. thanks for the reply, i hope it was a one time screwup, but you know semi-autos. anything can and probably will happen. my g36 has functioned flawlessly. i load my ammo one at a time( rcbs rock chucker) , measuring each powder charge exactly. it takes awhile this way, but it's the way i like to do it. again, thanks.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 3:39:15 PM EDT
[#3]
probably just a weakly loaded round. I wouldn't let it bother you
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 4:46:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I've had one glock jam on me.... the reason was a weak magazine spring {so I was told}... apparantly the magazine spring was too weak to load the round properly and quickly enough before the slide moved forward... i replaced the magazine spring and have had no problems since... so, there!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top