Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2001 1:42:27 AM EDT
please tell me why or why not?im not gonna carry it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 8:50:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Not going ot carry, but will it serve any defensive role at all? Why are you wanting to get a compensated gun? I have shot many comp guns and I cant stand them, the muzzle blast  gets a you alot more so than without the comp. And in a defensive role those ports could be a problem. With added muzzle flash, and added gases and debris coming verticle. Make sure you have shot one before and its really what you want.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 5:57:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Comp = Bad  
Glock 21= Good

-Southern S.
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 12:10:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I just want it for a house gun and to smack paper with.
Ok if muzzle blast is that bad,i'll think about a plain jane one i just wanted to be diffrent.
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 5:53:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I think the compensated glocks are a lot of fun to shoot, because it's really easy to empty a mag FAST.  However, my ears start ringing after a box of ammo, even through the ear protection.

Also, if you ever think you might have to use it in low light, your night vision will be gone after the first shot due to the fireball out the top of the gun.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 8:38:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got a friend who owns a 22C and he says he hates it due to the gases and debris from the ports. Go with a standard model. If you want compensation later on, buy a ported barrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top