Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2001 8:58:22 PM EDT
the proper care and feeding of my new Model 21.

BTW is my first Glock and have never had the chance to fire one.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 12:54:14 AM EDT
[#1]
DOnt worry about what you feed it. the damn thing will digest anything you give it. As for the care, just keep clean it after ever trip to the range. Light coating of breakfree CLP on moving parts is more than she needs. Really basic cleaning needs.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 6:07:52 AM EDT
[#2]
As Bob says, light coat of CLP on the moving parts and you're good to go.

Do NOT "accessorize" this pistol's functional parts with aftermarket spring guides and other non-value added items.  I did install a longer slide release as this is a big grip for my not-so-large hands.

If the trigger pull is too strong for you get the Glock parts.  Good souce is Glockmeister (probably dot com) where there's also an excellent step-by-step disassembly guide.  You WILL break parts if you try to reassemble out of sequence!

The price of high capacity mags is staggering and under $100 mags seem like bargains.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 5:39:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 9:03:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info guy's! Sounds easy enough.

I did get a "M-3 Tactical Illuminator" for it. The already existing mounting rails made it a natural choice for the nightstand gun.

My model does have the nightsights and during the middle of the night (pitch black in the house) I picked it up and thought, "Great, I can see three really bright green dot's and can't make out nothing beyond that"! Hence the purchase of the light.

I'll checkout GLOCKmeister for the extended slide release also!
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 10:24:48 AM EDT
[#5]
AR308and223,
If you haven't found it already glocktalk.com is a good place for Glock information.

Jamie
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 7:11:34 AM EDT
[#6]
DO worry about what you feed it. Don't shoot lead bullets or re-loads unless you have an aftermarket, non-polygonal rifled barrel. Otherwise you risk a kB. If you kB the Glock w/ a lead bullet or reload, you void your warranty.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top