Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2006 5:55:23 PM EDT
I was considering getting a G26 to replace my Smith 340PD that I carry in an Alessi ankle rig.  How is the 26 when carried down there?  Does it print much, I wear wrangler jeans daily.  Is the weight excessive?  I don't even feel the Smith down there anymore.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:09:52 PM EDT
[#1]

wears fine in my galco holster....might try a uncle mikes

i no longer wear jeans (durable, but too tight me for nowadays)

i wear a size 32w and 32L kahkis and my G26 disapears....going to try out some 5.11 tac pants to see if they hide the same or better

weight does not bother me, but i would suggest a retention strap

sometimes it does get a little uncomfortable as it cuts circulation around the leg
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:56:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I wear mine on my ankle and don't really notice it.  My holster does chafe (sp?) my leg a bit.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:22:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I wore my G27 in the FOBUS for years.  It was worn outside the boot and inside the BDU pants.

The Galco holster hurts after 10 minutes of wear.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:16:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Take a look at the DeSantis Apache Ankle Rig.  Works good for my 26 in dress pants, kahkis, or cargo pants.  If your wranglers are not roomy in the leg, printing may be an issue.  Weight is not excessive but you'll likely notice a difference in balance from the revolver.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:39:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Looked over the ankle rigs recommended but am sticking with the Alessi.  Ordered one today--long wait for it I'm afraid, but looking forward to trying it out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top