Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2006 6:37:58 AM EDT
Now that I have your attention, let me first say you all suck, and second, thanks.  

A lot of great information here.  Which has led to my buying my first Glock.  

A little back ground.  I have been reading a lot here (both ARFCOM in general and the sub forums) and came across the post about the torture test one member has put his Glock 21 through.  Highly impressed.  So much so that it made me start to question the reliability of my Beretta 96 VERTEC.  All and all a nice pistol, but.... I knew deep in my heart that it wouldn't survive that kind of testing.  So, I decided to replace the Beretta with a Glock.  One of my friends offered me a good price on the Beretta, and yesterday I bought the Glock.  Now I only have to wait the 72 hours (God I hate Illinoisikstan) and she will be mine.  

Pictures will be posted on the Picture thread when I have her.  

Oh, I picked up a Glock 22.  I like the .40 S&W and wanted full size not compact, but felt the extended barrel was a little nose heavy for my liking.  Thanks for all the valuable information you all put up here.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:40:10 AM EDT
[#1]

you traded your beretta for a block?....

good deal!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:43:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:45:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Now just trade the BLOCK for a real gun

XD
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:16:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

XD

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:04:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

XD

Yea guns that are 100% reliable get boring after awhile. Get the XD because life is boring without the unexpected.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:28:17 PM EDT
[#6]
It may be ugly, block-like constructino, but I love it.  To me it is ugly the same way a SharPei is ugly.  Ugly but beautiful.   Only without the wrinkles in this case.  

Picked her up today.  Dropped off at the house, and then came into work.  Sigh.  Maybe tomorrow off to the range to break her in.  

Tonight, I read the manual.  Yes, I know I am violating "Man Rules" but I want to learn about this new weapon, not guess at it.

Note to self.  I do not need toys for the new Glock, I do not need toys for the new Glock.  I do not need toys for the new Glock. I do not need toys for the new Glock. I do not need toys for the new Glock. I do not need toys for the new Glock. I do not need toys for the new Glock.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:30:37 PM EDT
[#7]
You should have gotten both.
Revocation of your team membership is in order.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:31:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You should have gotten both.
Revocation of your team membership is in order.

Should have gotten both what?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top