Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/24/2006 7:14:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/24/2006 7:18:28 PM EDT by THellURider]
I've determined it that it seems to be rounds that aren't held tight. If I push down on the top round and compress the spring further it stops when i shake the mag.

Weak mag spring?

ETA: It's a G23 mag, but I don't think that would make a difference.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:26:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By THellURider:
I've determined it that it seems to be rounds that aren't held tight. If I push down on the top round and compress the spring further it stops when i shake the mag.

Weak mag spring?

That's normal in newer mags. If you down load by one round it should stop too. Wolff springs fixed the annoyance in mine.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:38:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ToyCop:

Originally Posted By THellURider:

Weak mag spring?

That's normal in newer mags. If you down load by one round it should stop too. Wolff springs fixed the annoyance in mine.

Ya its a relatively new mag; but my others dont do it? [dunno]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:43:39 PM EDT
I'd say if the mag works when you shoot it (and shoot it quite a bit to test it), don't worry about it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:56:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SPDSNYPR:
I'd say if the mag works when you shoot it (and shoot it quite a bit to test it), don't worry about it.

Agreed. Mine worked fine, but it was too annoying when I wore the mags in an ankle pouch in soft clothes. I was clicking with every step. I gave up the ankle pouch, but kept the Wolff springs.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:26:03 PM EDT
Ya it functions ok, it's just unnerving.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:19:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/2/2006 11:14:25 PM EDT by Kyle-1718]
Do you thump your mags to settle the rounds?

Occasionally I get a little rattle on a fresh mag. Give a good thump (primers towards palm) and everything settles into place.

I also always load one short of a full mag. Never a rattle from my mags.

EDIT: Purchased new G17 hi-cap mag. It rattles.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:08:29 AM EDT
If it rattles when you shake it, try this method. Stop shaking it.

j/k
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:27:31 AM EDT
Toy surprise inside?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:04:40 AM EDT

Originally Posted By CPUFed:
If it rattles when you shake it, try this method. Stop shaking it.

+1!!

Perfectly Normal, although annoying as hell. I offloaded as well to get the rounds shifted. I don't like battle rattle!

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:38:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/30/2006 7:41:55 AM EDT by jixxerbeast]

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:53:28 PM EDT
I used to chace the wife... then I bought a few glocks and a pacifier and now I don't chace my wife anymore...

Many of my mags do this, especually the 9mm and 40s... The glock 21 and 30 mags don't seem to do it as bad...
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:37:30 PM EDT
I've had many different type mags do this from time to time. Usually, the rounds aren't aligned/staggered for whatever reason, maybe a dirty mag/ammo, newer mags may have a burr, etc.

As stated, tap it, thump it, down load, reload, etc to correct. Take a good look inside to insure all is well and of course, test fire it several times to insure functioning.

Mark
Top Top