Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2006 9:23:50 AM EDT
Is there anywhere where I can send out my slide and have nightsights installed?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:30:34 AM EDT
[#1]
What model? And what color, Gnr/Grn, Grn/Yel?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:17:01 AM EDT
[#2]
If we knew where you lived, someone might volunteer to put them on for you.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:06:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Glock 19 and green/green. I have a buddy who I think has access to the tools through work, but I thought there were some places that basically install them for no charge if you mail them the slide, that would save me bothering him.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:09:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Most any shop can do it.
Do it yourself. Glock sights are incredibly easy to replace. Midway or Trijicon will sell a special nut driver bit for the front sight.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:20:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Do it yourself. It took me all of 15 minutes with a plastic punch and a hammer to remove my Trijicon ones and add the CGR Amerigo Ops.

CGR and Ameriglo will include the front sight screw driver.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:21:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I would check with your local shops first. Mine will install them for free if you buy the sights from them or it's a $15 charge if you bring in your own sights.

You might want to try your local gun shows as well. Some vendors will install them while you wait if you purchase the sites from them.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:36:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Ameriglos come with the tool for the front sight. A wooden dowel or lead bullet will drive the rear sight in. You will need a little loctite for the front sight screw. I prefer blue Loctite over red and it's about $4.

If you want to do it an easier way, get the MGW sight pusher for about $60.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:40:08 PM EDT
[#8]
If you buy the Ameriglo smooth slopes, they come with everything you need to install them.  A front sight tool and a small allen wrench for the rear.  They have Trijicon tubes also.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:49:55 PM EDT
[#9]
tag.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:56:42 PM EDT
[#10]
fc7mm

PM sent.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top