Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2006 2:48:47 PM EDT
I got a chance to take a look at the new Steyr M-A1 pistol today.  One of the best features has got the triangular/trapezoid "pyramid" style sights.  (see below)    Once you get use to them, I'm thinking that they're going to kick-ass for practical shooting.

Anyhow, it got me thinking.  Does anyone make an aftermarket sight in this style for Glocks?  I'd love to have a set of sights like these for my G17 that I use for IPSC shooting.

Maybe AroTek or Novak?

-Frank

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:55:19 PM EDT
[#1]
As close to styer as you can get..Triangle sights
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:00:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I played with a steyr for 6 or 800 rounds and found that the sights were acceptible for precision shooting but that the picture was a little too complicated for shooting fast (i.e. practical pistol/defensive type) shooting.  I tried to like them but just couldent get the clean site picture I needed to go fast.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:06:09 PM EDT
[#3]
MIdWay sells simular sights i think they call them Trapezoid sights but i almost like the MIDWAY version better check em out  ive already ordered some i will give a feedback on them after i shoot 500 rounds with em
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:49:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
MIdWay sells simular sights i think they call them Trapezoid sights but i almost like the MIDWAY version better check em out  ive already ordered some i will give a feedback on them after i shoot 500 rounds with em

Link? or even tell me who makes them?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:01:44 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I played with a steyr for 6 or 800 rounds and found that the sights were acceptible for precision shooting but that the picture was a little too complicated for shooting fast (i.e. practical pistol/defensive type) shooting.  I tried to like them but just couldent get the clean site picture I needed to go fast.  

It sure looks busy and complicated. Just the picture gives me a headache
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:27:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I have an old Steyr S9 with the same sights.  I like them, just no night sight options in that configuration.  The old M9 has the same sights also.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top