Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/12/2006 2:48:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/12/2006 2:51:15 PM EDT by ColdFusionGuy]
I got a chance to take a look at the new Steyr M-A1 pistol today. One of the best features has got the triangular/trapezoid "pyramid" style sights. (see below) Once you get use to them, I'm thinking that they're going to kick-ass for practical shooting.

Anyhow, it got me thinking. Does anyone make an aftermarket sight in this style for Glocks? I'd love to have a set of sights like these for my G17 that I use for IPSC shooting.

Maybe AroTek or Novak?

-Frank

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:55:19 PM EDT
As close to styer as you can get..Triangle sights
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:00:07 PM EDT
I played with a steyr for 6 or 800 rounds and found that the sights were acceptible for precision shooting but that the picture was a little too complicated for shooting fast (i.e. practical pistol/defensive type) shooting. I tried to like them but just couldent get the clean site picture I needed to go fast.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:06:09 PM EDT
MIdWay sells simular sights i think they call them Trapezoid sights but i almost like the MIDWAY version better check em out ive already ordered some i will give a feedback on them after i shoot 500 rounds with em
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:49:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Glockster19:
MIdWay sells simular sights i think they call them Trapezoid sights but i almost like the MIDWAY version better check em out ive already ordered some i will give a feedback on them after i shoot 500 rounds with em

Link? or even tell me who makes them?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:01:44 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Wulfenite:
I played with a steyr for 6 or 800 rounds and found that the sights were acceptible for precision shooting but that the picture was a little too complicated for shooting fast (i.e. practical pistol/defensive type) shooting. I tried to like them but just couldent get the clean site picture I needed to go fast.

It sure looks busy and complicated. Just the picture gives me a headache
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:27:12 AM EDT
I have an old Steyr S9 with the same sights. I like them, just no night sight options in that configuration. The old M9 has the same sights also.
Top Top