Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2006 12:49:38 PM EDT
I'm looking at getting a Glock 20, but I'm debating whether or not to get the ported version.  I've heard that there is a considerable amount of visible flash with the ported version, but is it really much of a hindrance while shooting?  I'm not really concerned with noise.  What do you guys think, is the 20C worth getting, or should I just get the 20?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:56:35 PM EDT
[#1]
If you intend to carry it for SD, I say NO on the "C" models. CLICK HERE for more on this topic.

If you're only going to punch paper and NEVER carry it for self defense get whichever one you want. Haven't shot a 20 with and without the comp, but I had a 31, 31C, 32, and 32C all at the same time and the only difference I could tell between them at the range was the added noise of the comp ports bouncing the report off of the ceiling and the walls between the lanes. Perceived recoil was indistinguishable between the "C" and non-C guns...

I'll never own another "C" model gun if I plan on carrying it for SD at all... and don't really have a use for them at the range either, so unless it's a smokin' deal and only a range gun I won't own another "C" Glock at all...
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:55:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool, thanks for the info.  I think I'll stick with the non C model.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:06:32 PM EDT
[#3]
No problem.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:40:25 PM EDT
[#4]
This topic has been beaten to death, but has anybody else had both the C and regular glock to compare if there is a difference of flip?
I also want to purchase a 20C but keep on going back and forth about C and non. From what I have been told the difference is the C has less muzzle flip.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:39:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I own and carry a G20C in a DeSantis "Stealth" holster. I have also shot the standard G20  owned by my  friend in a side by side comparison test. The C has less muzzle flip and is smoother to shoot.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:55:29 PM EDT
[#6]
What Colltt said.

I have several "C" and non "C" models. The muzzle flip is noticeable less. I have also shot mine(G32C) at night in total darkness. After waiting about 10-15 mins for my eyes to adjust(yes it was THAT dark) I fired a number of rounds. After about 6-8rds I started seeing spots but had no trouble finding my NS and the target.

Worst case is if you do purchase the "C" and don't care for it you can always pick-up a non "C" barrel and install it. You can't purchase a non "C" and try a "C" barrel.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:51:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What Colltt said.

I have several "C" and non "C" models. The muzzle flip is noticeable less. I have also shot mine(G32C) at night in total darkness. After waiting about 10-15 mins for my eyes to adjust(yes it was THAT dark) I fired a number of rounds. After about 6-8rds I started seeing spots but had no trouble finding my NS and the target.

Worst case is if you do purchase the "C" and don't care for it you can always pick-up a non "C" barrel and install it. You can't purchase a non "C" and try a "C" barrel.

Good point on the barrel swap capability with the C model. I'd definitely want a non-C barrel for any C Glock I intended to carry at all though. The ND I had and the resulting burns and shrapnel in my off hand just made me "gun shy" of the C guns for carry. Self Defense situations are too dynamic to predict and there's just no way I'd chance having to fire in seld defense with those ports pointing toward my face and eyes. It might never happen that way, but I'd rather rely on preparation and planning ahead than to rely on chance.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:43:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys, you have confirmed that I will purchase a G20C, it will be my first Glock (had/have few H&Ks and a P226r)
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:41:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Thanks guys, you have confirmed that I will purchase a G20C, it will be my first Glock (had/have few H&Ks and a P226r)

You won't regret it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:24:48 PM EDT
[#10]
I generally vote "no" for porting on pistols, unless they're SOLELY for target use.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:34:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey all you pussys worried about muzzle flip, why dont you just get the 22lr conversion. There is no muzzle flip and it shoots real smooth. Its also much cheaper to shoot, no shit flying all over the place from out of the ports, and you will get the full power from the 22lr ammo instead of the lower velocity from your 10mm C port.  

I guess if a "C" is your first pistol you wont know any different when you shoot it either.

If you really are worried about "muzzle flip" in the 20 why not go with a regular 19 or 23?

Then again better just get the 22lr kit, would not  want to hurt your hands shooting a full powered gun. Make sure you get the pink mags that come with the "C" version as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top