Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2006 3:34:21 PM EDT
Hello, i just had a question about my g21 2nd gen, it was made in 1995 and it looks like the ejector on my older g21 is shorter then my newer g21 made in 2004,i bought the older g21 used and shot 700 rounds through it today with no problums. Did they make the ejectors on older g21's shorter? Also i did the recoil spring test to see if its weak and the glock rep i  talked too (fred) said you should only on a glock 21 turn it about 30 to 40 degree's because it has a heavy slide is that true? Thank's for any help.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:42:52 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Did they make the ejectors on older g21's shorter?

Yes, the early G21 had a different(short) ejectors. They also had a 90degree breach(pre-ALD prefix) face that Glock will cut and refinish your slide at no charge. The short ejector will generally work fine. You can change the trigger housing w/ejector if the short ejector bothers you.

Also i did the recoil spring test to see if its weak and the glock rep i  talked too (fred) said you should only on a glock 21 turn it about 30 to 40 degree's because it has a heavy slide is that true?

Not exactly. Point it at 12 noon and test it. The G37 uses basically the same slide and they say to point it at 12 noon. My G21 fails the test but, it runs flawlessly. Yes I will replace it soon. Most likely with a SS rod and a #20 ISMI spring.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:57:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Call the factory.....speak to a tech and give them you ser#....Depending on the number it might fall under FREE warrenty work..
Also check out the link to read about my experance...
www.ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=13&t=25831
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:00:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for your help , Ya mine failed the 12:00 test  but i shot 700 rounds through it anyways .Glock is sending me a new recoil assy free .I think though if your recoil spring gets too weak, you will start to have ftf's and fte right? I have seen BIGBORES g21 test so i think that if i shot 5000 round's with a weak reoil spring im sure that wouldn't damage anything . Ohh ya my slide does have the upgraded cut. Bought it from summitgunbroker for 365.00 and it was in 95/98 cont.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:24:13 PM EDT
[#4]
A weak recoil spring???OK...Mine had over 50,000 rounds thru it  before it went to the factory and I NEVER HAD any FTE's..
Even before the factory upgrade...
I did have FTF with Speer 200gr JHP's but nothing else....
Your not shooting a 1911 that is tempermental and questionable like Harley Davidson....
Its a Glock...
And for abuse...Check this out.
1911's will NEVER do this...Gotta love a Glock
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:28:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
A weak recoil spring???OK...Mine had over 50,000 rounds thru it  before it went to the factory and I NEVER HAD any FTE's..
Even before the factory upgrade...
I did have FTF with Speer 200gr JHP's but nothing else....
Your not shooting a 1911 that is tempermental and questionable like Harley Davidson....
Its a Glock...
And for abuse...Check this out.
1911's will NEVER do this...Gotta love a Glock

or the original post from this site
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:24:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the help guys, UXO2 as  i said in the post above yours i ALLREADY  have seen BIGBORES g21 test, I was follwing it  from when he first post it.But thanks for the link,Also i have bought  2 or 3 ar-15s from ADCOso i know who he is.Also i dont want to get into this whole 1911vs glock crap but there are A LOT of people who will disagree with that 1911 statement that you made(i love my glocks more then my 1911's).But i do agree that a 1911 would fail before a glock would in BIGBORES TEST.I know my questions sounds N00bish, but i do have   1LES BEAR TR ,2 COLTS 1911, 8 GLOCKS,6 AR-15'S, 2 SAM-7'S(AK-47)I also shoot IDPA and about 2000 to 3000 rounds a month(ya i know its the QUALITY NOT THE QUANITY of shooting practice)But i like to thank all of you for your help as i am still a N00B
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top