Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2006 4:12:00 PM EDT
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:16:02 PM EDT
[#1]
One officer here in my area has one in his G35. Says its so if the BG gets nervous he can run it a crossed his forehead leaving a mark and that way if the guy runs he has a DNA sample also.  

It also adds weight to the back to help balance the gun.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:28:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I loved the one I had in my G-20. I also had a tungsten guide rod in it and the gun really handles sweet.
I'm waiting for the new ones that will fit my 17L. It has the tabs in the butt for the new locking system, so it needs a modified slug.
And I agree, it turns the butt of the pistol into a nasty little strike weapon.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:53:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm waiting for the new ones that will fit my 17L. It has the tabs in the butt for the new locking system, so it needs a modified slug.

Click on the photo above, the one that will fit your G17L is item #TAY-SSB1722  
It has the relief cuts in it already.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:43:39 PM EDT
[#4]
The product specifies:

Does not fit: 1st generation pebble back frames or current production frames with the security tabs for the factory lock.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:39:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one in my g23, I love it, it helps balance out the gun, I had two glocks side my side and it make sa large difference. I then added a stainless guide rod and it helped too. I would call this a neccisary mod. as for the tabs in the backstrap area, take a knife and just cut them out, you wont ever need them IMO( they are unly useful for the lock correct?), takes 30 seconds with a steak knife.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:34:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I was told (by a reputable gunsmith with a decent LEO history) that these were originaly designed by police officers in Seatle, to assist with breaking car windows.  The gunsmith said that the veteran officers were used to smashing windows with the butt of their duty weapons, and then after switching to Glocks, couldn't do this anymore due to the plastic frames.

Any truth to this?  Or just a made up story?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:33:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I was told (by a reputable gunsmith with a decent LEO history) that these were originaly designed by police officers in Seatle, to assist with breaking car windows.  The gunsmith said that the veteran officers were used to smashing windows with the butt of their duty weapons, and then after switching to Glocks, couldn't do this anymore due to the plastic frames.

Any truth to this?  Or just a made up story?

ummm I am thinking story here... that doesnt sound right.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:02:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Use one to bust out a window and there is a good chance that you'll get to see a cascade of bullets around your feet. While the plug may be hard enough to break glass the floor plate of the mag may not.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:08:28 AM EDT
[#9]
hmmmm, tag
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top