Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2006 3:52:26 PM EDT
Have a G20 and I would like to get some ideas on accuracy upgrades other than getting to the range to practice.

I would like some opinions on a good set of aftermarket sights for it.  I have a USP Tac. and love those sights but of course those wont work.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:21:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Glocks are not considered "accuracy" guns.  They are combat guns.  But it will probably help to some degree to either polish the trigger components and get a lower weight connector, or you can buy a polished trigger set up sold for competition.  You can find them by looking up "Glock parts" on google and you can compare prices there.  Personally, I would save my money.

The stock sights would probably serve you well also.  But if you want some better sights, I would check out the Ameriglo's.  I just ordered some of their combat sights, but they also make target sights, adjustable and non-adjustable.

www.ameriglo.net
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:02:07 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks h53 - yeah it's a combat weapon for sure.  But - there are folks that hunt succesfully with a Glock20 which i plan to do also.  

If I can find some sight similar to those on my HK USP I'll go with those.  Probably leave the trigger alone and maybe look at the 6 inch barrel for hunting.....maybe - we'll see
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:03:20 PM EDT
[#3]
if its a combat weapon how come Julie goloski and dave sevigny use glocks to win the 2005 national limited 10 class championship competing against multi thoudsand dollar 1911'a?

they are acuate  and i would def reccommend sights for it i would use serated fronts and smooth rear sight dont know if i would go adjustable but get some high vis sights and they will be easier to pick up
good luck

also how do you like the G20 i was thinking of getting one myself and i looked at one today

and comments?
Glockster19
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:52:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
if its a combat weapon how come Julie goloski and dave sevigny use glocks to win the 2005 national limited 10 class championship competing against multi thoudsand dollar 1911'a?

they are acuate  and i would def reccommend sights for it i would use serated fronts and smooth rear sight dont know if i would go adjustable but get some high vis sights and they will be easier to pick up
good luck

also how do you like the G20 i was thinking of getting one myself and i looked at one today

and comments?
Glockster19

The run on sentances hurt my brain.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:25:53 AM EDT
[#5]
If you can't understand that Glocks were designed and marketed to the world's militaries and police forces as combat weapons, you need to cut back on whatever you are smoking.  Glocks have the primary focus of going bang every time, not banging the gong at 50 yards consistently.  

Just because two people who probably do nothing but practice shooting all day, every day,and probably have a pretty penny in their guns also, can win a championship, for the first time this past year, I might add, doesn't mean the guns you or I buy aren't combat handguns.

Also, if you look around, it usually cost more in parts, and labor to modify and tune an all metal gun.  That is why some of those 1911's are so pricey.  Because the gunsmiths are charging what people are willing to pay.  So the amount of money doesn't necessarily translate to automatically superior.  Lastly, those competitions may be at distances that both guns are pretty equal at, and it comes down to the shooter.  There are other competitions that the Glocks and 1911's won't even be shot at togethor because the Glocks are not accurate to the 1911 distances.

Quoted:

good luck

and comments?
Glockster19

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:54:48 PM EDT
[#6]
IMO The best adjustable sights that can serve double duty as combat sights are the MMC in the bar-dot configuration... I use a set on a Robar'd G-21 and they rock...
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:08:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I put a set of Ameriglo adjustable sights on my 21.  Well made, but don't know if they would stand up to rigorous use, mine is just a range gun.  They are nice though.  By far the best money I have spent on my glock.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:35:19 PM EDT
[#8]
great feedback - appreciate it....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top