Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2006 4:14:01 PM EDT
I'd like to get a new frame to set up a dedicated 22 cal gun for plinking with my AA kit.  Will anyone sell me a new frame w/o an old trade-in?

TIA.

Joe

ETA:  I realize the frame is a firearm and would have to ship to my local FFL.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:00:36 PM EDT
[#1]
www.glockmeister.com has receivers for $155.00.  Add $58.00 for the receiver parts kit.  ( Sorry, I don't know how to hot link the web site address.)
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:25:47 PM EDT
[#2]
You can send in you pistol to GLOCK for a new frame but here are the cons....
Which I don't like...Because I have a sencond gen G21 and wanted a  rail for  light/laser and a scope mount that I can remove
Glock will not sell you a plain reciver!!!
Example...You want an AK or AR...Buy a reciver...Simple..
Not with glock....They will tell you to send in your compleate pistol and for 150.00....they will give you a new frame green or black and then proceed to destroy your original frame and then install one with a different serial #
I tried to get one...JUST THE DAMM FRAME and they said NO
www.glock.com/home.htm
www.glockmeister.com
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:38:42 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
www.glockmeister.com has receivers for $155.00.  Add $58.00 for the receiver parts kit.  ( Sorry, I don't know how to hot link the web site address.)

Glockmeister's website makes it sound like they'll sell just a frame (w/o a trade-in) to someone holding an FFL, but uxo2's comments and other comments I've seen make it sound like they will require a trade-in.  

I'll give glockmeister a call on Monday.

Joe
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:43:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I asked glockmeister and I belive they gave the same song and dance as glock....
That was last year....may be things have changed...Could not hurt to ask them....
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:05:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Glockmeister will sell a bare frame,it just has to be sent to a FFL.  I recently bought one for my 45/10mm longslide project.

edited to add pic
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:20:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Yep, I got a frame about a month ago from glockmeister for a G 24C. Ran around $220 or so with the parts.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:23:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Lone Wolf Distributors will be releasing alloy GLOCK frames later this year.  They have removeable backstraps for thos who don't like the hump.  I played with one at the SHOT show and they're pretty cool.  I'll probably buy one when they're available, just cause.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:25:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Well....Its good to see they seen the light....I am calling glockmeister
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:28:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Glockmeister will sell a bare frame,it just has to be sent to a FFL.  I recently bought one for my 45/10mm longslide project.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/Joelk69/IMG_0917s.jpg
edited to add pic

Where did you get that long slide????The ones I have seen cost an arm and a leg.....
I have also been kicking around the idea a 45super...
www.acecustom45s.com/45super.htm
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:50:19 AM EDT
[#10]
The slide lis from Lone Wolf, and the barrels (6 inch 45, and 45-10mm conversion, are KKM).  I have been playing with 45 Super in it, and am still working up a load but am over 1150 fps with a 230 grain bullet  It looks like I will be able to safely get to 1200.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top