Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/24/2006 5:47:49 PM EDT
Ok possibly a dumb question but I just have to ask. Why do some Glock owners have the rear sight backwards?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:53:35 PM EDT
Because they don't want to replace the rear but don't like the white outline. I would recommend Heinie Slant Pros if you were wondering.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:08:12 PM EDT
I do not own a glock. XD 40 here but saw a picture of one with the rear sight backwards and was just wondering why. Thank you for the answer.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:53:04 PM EDT
Thought I was the only one doing this, as I've never seen any other setup this way. I hate the white outline. I really like Heinie sights, but I think they stick up too high on a Glock, so I put a narrow tritium front sight on my Glocks and then flip the rear sight around. This setup works much better for me than the stock setup.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:07:43 PM EDT
I saw a picture of a Glock in the GD and wondered why it was backwards.

Thank you for the info. I thought this was the reason but wanted it confirmed.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:33:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By watertower:
Thought I was the only one doing this, as I've never seen any other setup this way. I hate the white outline. I really like Heinie sights, but I think they stick up too high on a Glock, so I put a narrow tritium front sight on my Glocks and then flip the rear sight around. This setup works much better for me than the stock setup.

The regular ones do stick up way to much but the Slant Pros are a much better option. IMHO
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:44:33 PM EDT
I was looking at the Straight Eights and thought those were a little high for me. I may try them eventually, because they are much better than factory. Maybe I should buy another Glock as an excuse to try them.
Top Top