Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/24/2006 10:40:01 AM EDT
www.securityandsafetysupply.com/products-duty-gear/clip-1.html

I know it is a carry issue, but real simple to give an opinion/experiences with. I am kicking around getting one........so

What cha think?

I asked in the GLOCK room cause I did not want to hear an earfull on rust etc.......
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:49:33 PM EDT
Well, I guess it's one step above carrying "mexican" (holsters? we don't need no steenking holsters!) as it would prevent the gun from slipping down into your pants. BUT, it's the same as going mexi with the whole nothing covering the trigger guard approach. I would just worry about a bunch of shirt or something getting in front of the trigger while stuffing my Glock in my pants and BOOM!

Just my $0.02, but I'd recommend a good holster that covers the trigger guard.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:55:57 PM EDT
Since you asked, I think it is terrible idea. I would never stick a loaded pistol in my pants with out a holster.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:00:16 PM EDT
For the love of God don't do it man!!

OK seriously, I wouldn't modify my Glock to carry it. Holsters are better. Just my .02
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:12:54 AM EDT

Originally Posted By pbs357:
Well, I guess it's one step above carrying "mexican" (holsters? we don't need no steenking holsters!) as it would prevent the gun from slipping down into your pants. BUT, it's the same as going mexi with the whole nothing covering the trigger guard approach. I would just worry about a bunch of shirt or something getting in front of the trigger while stuffing my Glock in my pants and BOOM!

Just my $0.02, but I'd recommend a good holster that covers the trigger guard.

Thought of that, important point...........lookie here.

www.clipdraw.com/saftblok.html

I am still kicking it around, they are only $20 and are really easy to intall/disinstall.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:12:43 PM EDT
I just gave one away to a friend. I tried it on the 27. I really didn't like the way it made my gun fit in my pants. He doesn't like it either now.
I tried to use it on my vest inside the straps. Not good there either.

I carry mine in a horse hide IWB. That thing fits me good and it's now like wearing a watch or a wallet. It's similar to the Milt Sparks Summer special. Don Hume makes a really good (cheap) holster that has a clip on it. But it's still not as comfortable as the one I wear. Don't cheap out on your holster. It does make a difference. I wear a gun because I have to. So I might as well be as comfortable as possible. Kydex never felt good inside my pants. I do have a comptac paddle which is very comfortable.

As far as blowing your manhood or a$$ off I never worried about that. The little trigger block is a neat idea but I would want to fire thousands of rounds before I trusted my muscle memory to push it out of the way when I was needing to get busy.

Just my longwinded .02

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:15:58 PM EDT
I've never used a clipdraw, but I'm guessing that the gun will settle in your waistband in all kinds of uncomfortable ways. Not to mention that it will probably leave the grip difficult to grab quickly.

And don't forget the potential hazards of having an uncovered trigger. I just sounds like a bad idea to me.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:18:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/25/2006 1:19:06 PM EDT by SayUncle]
It's awesome. I have a Glock 30 and carry with both the clipdraw and SafTBlok. It works. I carry it on the side and I can wear shorts and a T Shirt and still stay concealed. Highly recommend it. Saf T Blok is a must have since you have no holster to cover the trigger guard.

On my site, I review them here and here.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:20:09 PM EDT
My opinion, but there's no way you could pop that thing out under a stressful situation (read: someone's trying to kill you) without the risk of an AD or at least a miss or slower unholster-to-fire time. Again, it's your decision and I don't know you. Now if you were family or a friend of mine, I'd probably slap you for getting one. High quality holsters for Glocks can be had for $40-$60, and I think if you're more concerned with price instead of quality (let alone safety) you would have bought a Lorcin and not a G27. Just something to think about.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:17:44 PM EDT

My opinion, but there's no way you could pop that thing out under a stressful situation

It's quite easy to pop out on the draw and essentially adds no time at all to drawing and firing. It pops out and flies a good 3 feet away. And the way it fits, I don't see how an AD is even possible. It does not come in contact with the front of the trigger at all.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:44:50 PM EDT
Basically you use the same finger to pop it out as you do to pull the trigger. My concern would be pushing out the block, then my finger continuing to travel forward and into the trigger guard with force and a premature trigger pull happening. Not trying to debate or flame the company, just offering the same opinon/advice I would to a friend. Give it a try if you want if it works great, if it doesn't so be it. I know we all have a few holsters that seemed like a good idea at the time but now sit in a drawer.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:12:03 PM EDT
It seems more and more people are looking for ways to deteriorate the
performance of the Glock. Let's look at this logically. When ever you add
something to a Glock it usually creates problems. The clipdraw creates
several problems I can see. First you have to modify the way you rack the slide
since it is in the way. To reccomend using the front of the slide is not effective or safe.
You can prevent a casing or a defective round from exiting the ejection port due to
your hand placement which could cover the port. Glock put serations on the rear of
the Glock so you could rack the slide from the rear and be able to observe the open ejection
port. The possibility of flagging your hand with the muzzle certainly is a real problem as well when you are reaching toward the front of a weapon in a high stress situation. Secondly, using a SafTBlok will surely increase your draw time by at least 1/2 second.
No where in a good draw sequence does it provide for a Blok removal. That will just
add another step which will add more time. Since most trained professionals can
draw and accurately fire one round in 1 1/2 seconds, I don't see a need to slow them
down by even a fraction of a second. A good holster is money well spent. Paddle holsters
will allow you to carry in shorts, sweats or whatever without any problem. If one feels it is necessary to add a SafTBlok to a Glock, then maybe another weapon would be a wiser choice.
It is not my intention to throw fuel on the fire, but to make others realize safety and weapons
manipulation is key to good gun handling. Glock is a very reliable weapon when it is maintained
in an "out of the box" condition. Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:07:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/26/2006 8:11:28 AM EDT by ChickenKiller]

Originally Posted By highdraglowspeed:
I just gave one away to a friend. I tried it on the 27. I really didn't like the way it made my gun fit in my pants. He doesn't like it either now.
I tried to use it on my vest inside the straps. Not good there either.

I carry mine in a horse hide IWB. That thing fits me good and it's now like wearing a watch or a wallet. It's similar to the Milt Sparks Summer special. Don Hume makes a really good (cheap) holster that has a clip on it. But it's still not as comfortable as the one I wear. Don't cheap out on your holster. It does make a difference. I wear a gun because I have to. So I might as well be as comfortable as possible. Kydex never felt good inside my pants. I do have a comptac paddle which is very comfortable.

As far as blowing your manhood or a$$ off I never worried about that. The little trigger block is a neat idea but I would want to fire thousands of rounds before I trusted my muscle memory to push it out of the way when I was needing to get busy.

Just my longwinded .02

Me too on carrying (pretty much have too) and the muscle memory with the saf t block, I agree. Now I have bought one for $20 it is on it's way. If I don't like it I will try to pawn it off to someone else. The saf t block seems like a decent idea, but...........? you know. Seems too 'northern gun control crowd' to me.

If you can give me a web site for the holster you carry. I use a small paddle holster now to carry, but if I am wearing t shirts that are too tight you can see the shape of the pistol.

Everyone Else, you guys are confirming what I thought initially. I will give it a try for $20 then I will review it for everyone (remind me)

ps If I don't like it, anyone want to buy it?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:13:24 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SayUncle:
It's awesome. I have a Glock 30 and carry with both the clipdraw and SafTBlok. It works. I carry it on the side and I can wear shorts and a T Shirt and still stay concealed. Highly recommend it. Saf T Blok is a must have since you have no holster to cover the trigger guard.

On my site, I review them here and here.

Thanks SayUncle, this is how I hope I feel about it.

I appriecate the diversity of the comments and responses in here, all are good and well thought out.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:06:49 AM EDT
You guys are missing a vital point here.

The stiff, open-topped, strapless holster is essential for safe Glock carry.

You aren't going to shoot yourself drawing or carrying; You're going to do it in all the excitement after you use your pistol, and go to stuff it back into your pants. Anything, from a finger to a fold in your shirt, can put an extra hole in your lower extremities.

If you want all the gory details, just do a little reading on AD's/ND's involving Glocks.
Top Top