Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2006 1:38:53 PM EDT
Want to ditch the stock sites and put night sites on; Tijicon; Mepro, Heine - what are people's thoughts?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:52:55 PM EDT
[#1]
The sights you mentioned are all good, it boils down to personal preference. I would give nod to the Heinie as far as a slightly more precision / target sight due to the slightly narrower front blade. Also, it uses 2 tritium vials/ dots (1 front, 1 rear) and there are no large  white rings around the tritium vials so in daylight the sights resemble a target blade. At night, the alignment of the 2 dots is vertical which some like.

The 3 dot sights such as Trijicon and Meprolight are great sights as well which have white rings around the tritium vials which makes the dots stand out in daylight. Some really like this as well. Also check out the Trijicon Novak which makes a nice 3 dot and is a little more expensive than the above mentioned.

If you want a 3 dot sight with a slightly narrower front blade than the other 3 dots, check out the Ameriglo Operators too.

All of these with the exception of the Heinies can be seen at Lonewolfdist
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:26:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I like meps mainly because they have a good sight picture and are cheaper than trijicons.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:19:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I like Meprolites bucause of the larger white rings around the tritium.  Makes it easier for me to p/u in the day.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:16:50 PM EDT
[#4]
You are going to have to reasearch them all to see what fits YOUR needs and wants....I like trijicon and Ameriglow because they offer a yellow rear with a green front....
I don't like meps...White dots to damm big.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:19:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Warren cut Heinies are my choice.  L-R, Glock 31 w/Warren rear and a Warren night sight front, G34 Warren rear and Dawson fiber optic front, G17 with Sevigny cut Warren rear and Warren front night sight.

Available at www.warrentactical.com
Later,
Robb

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:42:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you all that is helpful.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:24:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Meprolights!

teamroper
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:36:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I like Meprolites bucause of the larger white rings around the tritium.  Makes it easier for me to p/u in the day.

Much faster for me as well.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:21:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I just got a set of TRUGLO TFOs and so far they are very impressive: fiber optic bright during the day and tritium glow at night.  A world of difference.  The brightness of the fiber optic during the day is pretty remarkable.  The only "downside" could be the sights are ridiculously long looking from a passenger's view, however from the driver's end the view could not be any better.

Cheers
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top