Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2006 7:32:57 AM EDT
First I have an early model g19 March 92 I am wondering if there have been any factory recalls/ upgrades similar to those im reading about on the 22.

Second I am wanting a new generation reciever "light rail/ finger grips" Are there any aftermarket companies selling recievers? Yes I know i can get one from glock but i dont want to give up my original reciever. I love my glock and I always want the option to have it "original" I would much rather just buy another g19 with the newer reciever.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:06:12 AM EDT
I don't know of any recall or problems.

Most companies that I know of swap out earlier generation recievers for new ones. You are probably better off buying a brand new 19. Then you will have two
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:03:46 AM EDT
You will be happier buying a new G19 rather than getting a new frame.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:41:38 AM EDT
Here are some upgrades which may affect you.

Upgrades
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:10:16 AM EDT
IIRC Glockmeister offers 3rd gen receivers(frames) outright(you will need to ship to a local FFL because it is the gun). You might contact them and ask.

As far as other up-grades, call Glock and ask. Some where in the early 90s Glock was up-grading the internal parts for free. You may have to pay to ship your G19 to GA but but hey, the upgrades are free.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:03:22 AM EDT
glockmeister like other selling official glock reciever require the submission of original reciever for destruction. Looks like im buying another.

anyway called glock and Im ok with my genII :)
Top Top