Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/21/2006 2:28:35 PM EDT
Ok, while trying to disassemble my glock, i cant push the things down that slides the slide from the frame. i've tried lubbing it up, but they still wont go down. i've put as much force on it as i can. anyone know how to fix this problem?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:30:52 PM EDT
Are you sure that it's hammer down, and that you're applying a little rearward force on the slide while pulling them down?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:31:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:51:52 PM EDT
yeah, i'm doing all that. i've taken it apart a hand full of times, dont see why i'd do it wrong now.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:44:03 PM EDT
Although you say you have field stripped it before (not that I doubt you), I'll just go over this real quick... The best way to do this is to have the muzzle pointing in a safe direction, mag-well facing you, and get a grip on the rear of the slide like you are about to drain your pipes, squeeze and push your thumb down into the grip. You do this while your other hand is under the dust cover and your index finger and thumb pull down on the slide take-down lever.

I see no reason why it shouldn't move down as long as the slide is brought back slightly. While you last had it stripped did anything get between the spring steel and the lever? Is there any play with the lever?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:39:46 PM EDT
admins can lock/delete this. i was doing it wrong. sorry for wasting everyones time.
Top Top