Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 2:44:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/20/2006 2:51:03 PM EDT by tom1000rr]
Ok, I have a Glock 23. I rack it-drop the mag-then rack it again to release round that was chambered, I look at the bullet and notice a small mark where the firing pin touched and there is a little itty bitty divit in the primer. Is this thing gonna pop when I rack it? Or is this normal? Yes, I broke it down and checked the firing pin and it does not move past the firing pin safety, and I cant push on it hard enought to make it go past the breech face of the slide.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:54:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/21/2006 6:47:07 AM EDT by glock23carry]
I've never noticed it on a Glock but it is quite common on semi-autos. Try the same thing with an AR-15 and you will have a dented primer.

Nothing to worry about at all. There is not enough mass (by design) to slam-fire in either weapon.

ETA - I checked my carry ammo and there is no mark. I also thought about the Glock firing pin, and since it is spring loaded, perhaps this is not so good. I think you should call Glock and ask them if it is normal.

G
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:32:13 AM EDT
It should be okay. If you're really worried about it, have an armorer look at it.

But ultimately if the firing pin safety is working, it should not be a problem.

I assume the gun is new and only uses factory parts?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:36:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/21/2006 4:36:33 PM EDT by tom1000rr]

Originally Posted By Lancelot:
It should be okay. If you're really worried about it, have an armorer look at it.

But ultimately if the firing pin safety is working, it should not be a problem.

I assume the gun is new and only uses factory parts?

Factory parts yes...but it maybe has 300 rounds in it? I have been out of the sport/hobby/lifestyle or whatever you want to call it for a few years and have gotten back in big time this last year and plan to stay this time. My local fav shop has a Glock pro on staff, I was going to ask him and see what he thinks. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:50:38 PM EDT
Check the face of your slide for a manufacturing burr near the firing pin hole. I have seen primer sealant build up in a mass around the hole and mark cases before. Use a dental pick and it should scrape off. It may not be your problem, but it is worth mentioning.
Top Top