Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2006 2:44:39 PM EDT
Ok, I have a Glock 23. I rack it-drop the mag-then rack it again to release round that was chambered, I look at the bullet and notice a small mark where the firing pin touched and there is a little itty bitty divit in the primer. Is this thing gonna pop when I rack it? Or is this normal? Yes, I broke it down and checked the firing pin and it does not move past the firing pin safety, and I cant push on it hard enought to make it go past the breech face of the slide.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:54:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never noticed it on a Glock but it is quite common on semi-autos.  Try the same thing with an AR-15 and you will have a dented primer.

Nothing to worry about at all.  There is not enough mass (by design) to slam-fire in either weapon.

ETA - I checked my carry ammo and there is no mark.  I also thought about the Glock firing pin, and since it is spring loaded, perhaps this is not so good.  I think you should call Glock and ask them if it is normal.

G
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:32:13 AM EDT
[#2]
It should be okay. If you're really worried about it, have an armorer look at it.

But ultimately if the firing pin safety is working, it should not be a problem.

I assume the gun is new and only uses factory parts?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:36:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It should be okay. If you're really worried about it, have an armorer look at it.

But ultimately if the firing pin safety is working, it should not be a problem.

I assume the gun is new and only uses factory parts?

Factory parts yes...but it maybe has 300 rounds in it? I have been out of the sport/hobby/lifestyle or whatever you want to call it for a few years and have gotten back in big time this last year and plan to stay this time. My local fav shop has a Glock pro on staff, I was going to ask him and see what he thinks. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:50:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Check the face of your slide for a manufacturing burr near the firing pin hole. I have seen primer sealant build up in a mass around the hole and mark cases before. Use a dental pick and it should scrape off. It may not be your problem, but it is worth mentioning.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top