Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/19/2006 3:28:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/19/2006 3:42:15 PM EDT by jcovercash]
I am wanting to port my glock 19. My friend bought a glock 22c and I really like the port job on it.

Can anyone tell me some specifics on the porting? Like lenths/widths, his is a .40 and mine is 9mm so i didn't know if it could be the same size.....

Also what should I use to remove the burr inside the barrel from cutting it? I work at a CNC machine shop so I have access to all the tools I need.

Also how can I go about polishing my slide? Can I do this without having to send it off?

Thanks,
Josh
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:37:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/20/2006 11:38:34 AM EDT by HotRod9mm]
If you want I can measure my G32C and give you those measurements(should be the same as your G19). I hope you have access to EDM because you will most likely tear up some tooling cutting through the Tenifer(harding process) on the slide & barrel.

You can polish the slide with a buffing wheel and some Flitz(or other polishing compound). You won't get a hi-polish shine like H.chrome but it won't look to bad(kind of a dull gray-matt).
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:10:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By HotRod9mm:
If you want I can measure my G32C and give you those measurements(should be the same as your G19). I hope you have access to EDM because you will most likely tear up some tooling cutting through the Tenifer(harding process) on the slide & barrel.

You can polish the slide with a buffing wheel and some Flitz(or other polishing compound). You won't get a hi-polish shine like H.chrome but it won't look to bad(kind of a dull gray-matt).

Thanks just the info I was looking for. I have access to edm machines and i will problaly just send the slide off for hard chroming afterwards.
Top Top