Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/18/2006 1:43:58 PM EDT
Well I got to take my 1st glock (19) out for a test run today. The only complaint that I have is the front stock sight. Its getting replaced BTW. My question is this. There are about a half a dozen places where the slide meets the frame that there are little burrs of the plastic frame (I could take a razor and cut them off). It is nothing major (doesnt appear major to me). Is this normal kind of like a break in period for the glock (its new never fired not used). I figured it is just the gun working itself in. Or should I be concerned about this. This little plastic burrs are all next to a metal part that is in the frame. No failures or malfunctions of any kind either. Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:14:36 PM EDT
As long as they don't interfere with functioning, I wouldn't give them a thought.

Btw: Night sights will be the best money you can spend on your new Glock, besides extra magazines & ammo. I put Trijicons on mine.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:13:55 PM EDT
Get some Meprolite sights and shoot the shit out of it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:26:05 AM EDT
Don't worry about them. If they are in the way the metal slide will quickly smooth them down.
Top Top