Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/13/2006 12:58:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/13/2006 1:40:46 AM EDT by STG77]
What are some options out there for removing the finger grooves on my G19? They are the only thing I don't like about the gun, otherwise it is a perfect CCW.

I don't want or need a full grip reduction, and I don't want the frame to be "refinished", I assume this means painted with Norrells or something similar, as it would just wear off.

Novak Handgunner Outlet offers something that looks ideal - www.handgunneroutlet.net/whatsnew/GLOCKfingergroove.htm Anybody have any experience with them?

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:12:04 AM EDT
You can actually file and sand them down yourself and stipple them with a low wattage soldering iron or apply truck bedliner.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:52:44 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:07:11 AM EDT
OR you could just buy a Gen 2???
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:09:18 AM EDT
maybe he wants to keep the rail
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:23:29 AM EDT
if all you wanted to do is knock off the bumps i would think some patience and a dremel would do it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:42:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Frens:
maybe he wants to keep the rail

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:43:35 AM EDT

Originally Posted By blisster:
if all you wanted to do is knock off the bumps i would think some patience and a dremel would do it.

I don't own a dremel.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:48:12 AM EDT
You need to think about what surface treatment you want if this gun is going to rub against your skin. I've used truck bed liner before (Hercules) and you don't want that rubbing directly against skin very long.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:57:20 AM EDT
I have a Glock 27 I carry off duty, the other day I was at the city water department with a couple of those guys and another officer.

They wanted to look at the gun so I showed them.........then I saw a bench grinder. They like to of passed out when I ground off the figner grooves with the bench grinder....... Hey it is a lot better grip now, the top groove hit me right in the middle of my middle finger now it is fine.

I used some emery cloth to smooth it out a bit.

On my G22 I used a dremel tool and put a buch of grooves all over it then painted with bed liner. Not too bad a job, one spot that is a tad bit ruff looking, but I like it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:27:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By STG77:

Originally Posted By blisster:

I don't own a dremel.

$17 and change at walmart for cordless dremel.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:00:25 AM EDT
Contact macjockey and have him do it. As you can see from his photo above he does outstanding work!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:07:17 AM EDT
For a non permanent solution, for retaining the resale value, you could fill the grooves with some strips of tape and put one of those fingerless Hogue or Pachmyer grip sleeves on it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:39:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By H53EXPERT:
For a non permanent solution, for retaining the resale value, you could fill the grooves with some strips of tape and put one of those fingerless Hogue or Pachmyer grip sleeves on it.

I bet that would be THICK.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:57:13 PM EDT
Not at all, especially not on a G19. If you install one of those Hogues that has it's own grooves, it is basically doing the same thing. I have one on my G38, and even though it is thicker, it feels just fine, and I have medium size hands.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:42:49 PM EDT
If I were to have any work done to my GLOCK frames macjockey is the only guy I would ask, his frame mods are the best I have seen.
Top Top