Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 10:12:05 PM EDT
Did a search and came up empty.

Anybody use these sights? Pros & Cons?

I tried a set on my G23 and found them very fast at close range but my accuracy suffered at extended ranges so I removed them in favor for the three dot. Also because my issue 17 had three dot and I wanted the same set up. However I have a friend who can make solid hits at extended ranges with his and I have read some good reviews by some reputable people. So I am thinking of giving them another try.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:39:33 AM EDT
nobody
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:43:37 AM EDT
They work great, IMO.

Close up - dot on the target

Distance - target just above the dot

Just a matter of using them and practice.

G
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:19:04 AM EDT
It is personl taste...I have some and took them off my 21..I went back to trijicon but with yellow rears and green front.
I plan on installing them on a G30.
They do work as advertised and for real world combat distance they excell.
Just don't work so well for ME as a paper puncher...Maybe alittle more practice with them.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:04:49 PM EDT
I have a set of big dot 24/7 on my 23. I really like them. Sight alignment is very fast but not recommending for bullseye shooting. My rear bar went dead after a year. I called XS Sight Systems - I had a free replacement in hand in three days - great customer service. Buy a set - my .02.

JDK
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:13:57 PM EDT
Bought a set, didn't dig them to much. Just like knowing exactly where my shot is going to end up.
Am now using Ameriglo Operators.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:04:10 AM EDT
I have a pair of big dots on a G23 and a pair of small dots on a G30. I probably have too many guns and like them to be set up alike.
Switching from regular sights over to the Express sights takes me always a magazine full until I am close to where I am with Meps.
I decided to take them off again but if you have this as your main set up and get used to it, I can imagine that it will work very well for you.

They are bright and good quality.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:52:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By glock23carry:
They work great, IMO.

Close up - dot on the target

Distance - target just above the dot

Just a matter of using them and practice.

G

+1, Have a set on a 19,takes a little practice to get use to at extended range.But once you get the hang of it you can make soild COM hits 25+ yards.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:55:16 AM EDT
I have the big dot on my G26. It took a couple of magazines to figure out where the sight goes but now I can hit the steel plates at 25 yards most of the time.
Top Top