Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2006 12:10:56 PM EDT
I just picked up a 19 yesterday and went right to the range. The gun is very accurate up close, so I know the sights are on correct. My question is when I hold the gun the front sight is not lining up naturally, rather it is sitting over to the left a bit. In order to get the correct sight picture I have to slightly twist the front of the gun over -this is very slight but enough that it is unconfortable in just the smallest way. I grabbed my commander lenght 1911 and when I hold it the sight picture is perfect all by itself.

Is this a problem between the Glock and my hand or has everyone experienced this problem?  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:43:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you cross eye dominant?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:07:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm right handed, but when I do the eye dominance test, I am left eye dominant.

I'm still wondering why the 1911 doesn't do this though??
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:33:30 PM EDT
[#3]
You just aren't used to it yet. If your eye dominance isn't an issue with other handguns, it won't be with the G19 either.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:36:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'm right handed, but when I do the eye dominance test, I am left eye dominant.

I'm still wondering why the 1911 doesn't do this though??

I'm cross eye dominant too (left eye and right handed), it's not caused me any problems but some people can tell that I slightly tilt the handgun when shooting.  You'll get used to it with practice.  Just do a lot of dry fire from the holster and it'll become 2nd nature.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top