Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2006 5:26:24 PM EDT
Hello everyone,I need some advice. I have a Kimber 1911 TLE/RL2 and I'm thinking about tradeing it in on a Glock 36. The kimber shoots great but i hate to carry it. I love the way the 36 feels in my hand and the size is a major plus, the 30 feels like a brick so its out,but I want to stay with the 45. My carry gun is a 23 that i love but in the summer its a pain sometimes. I would just like some imput to help me make up my mind.
thanks
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:15:42 PM EDT
You have to do what feels right....Because you are going to get opions...
If that glock works for you and you have the cash,then buy it.
I have no opinion about Kimbers...To me its just another 1911.
I like glocks but for carry I got myself a Taurus 650 CIA stainless in .357mag ..It was a better buy than a Smith and this snubby is small and more realistic FOR me because I take it everywhere I can because of its size.
I do love .45acp and have a G21...But I have been eyeballing and fingerF##king a 45GAP...
The G39.
But for now the 650 .357mag works very well.
IMHO
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:32:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/1/2006 6:33:09 PM EDT by M4arc]
First, welcome to the site!

Second, as a Kimber and Glock owner I HIGHLY recommend you keep your Kimber and buy the Glock when you can afford it. I made the mistake of selling off my Kimber but I missed it badly so I bought it back. Never sell a gun...just buy more

Honestly, you should be able to carry either the Kimber or the Glock without issue if you are using the right holster/belt combo. I can hide a full size 1911 just as easy as my G19 using a VMII and I'm a little guy; 5'5" & 128lbs. In fact it's easier for me to carry the 1911 at the 3 o'clock position.

So, keep the Kimber, save up and buy the G30, a nice holster for each and live happily ever after
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:41:43 PM EDT
Thanks for the advice. I kept the kimber and found a hell of a deal on a HK USPc .45 glad i kept the kimber thanks again man
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:50:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By M4arc:
First, welcome to the site!

Second, as a Kimber and Glock owner I HIGHLY recommend you keep your Kimber and buy the Glock when you can afford it. I made the mistake of selling off my Kimber but I missed it badly so I bought it back. Never sell a gun...just buy more

Honestly, you should be able to carry either the Kimber or the Glock without issue if you are using the right holster/belt combo. I can hide a full size 1911 just as easy as my G19 using a VMII and I'm a little guy; 5'5" & 128lbs. In fact it's easier for me to carry the 1911 at the 3 o'clock position.

So, keep the Kimber, save up and buy the G30, a nice holster for each and live happily ever after

+1

you can get glocks just about anywhere, but a kimber for a good price is tougher to get
Top Top