Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2006 5:26:24 PM EDT
Hello everyone,I need some advice. I have a Kimber 1911 TLE/RL2 and I'm thinking about tradeing it in on a Glock 36. The kimber shoots great but i hate to carry it. I love the way the 36 feels in my hand and the size is a major plus, the 30 feels like a brick so its out,but I want to stay with the 45. My carry gun is a 23 that i love but in the summer its a pain sometimes. I would just like some imput  to help me make up my mind.
                                                                                                  thanks
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:15:42 PM EDT
[#1]
You have to do what feels right....Because you are going to get opions...
If that glock works for you and you have the cash,then buy it.
I have no opinion about Kimbers...To me its just another 1911.
I like glocks but for carry I got myself a Taurus 650 CIA stainless in .357mag ..It was a better buy than a Smith and this snubby is small and more realistic FOR me because I take it everywhere I can because of its size.
I do love .45acp and have a G21...But I have been eyeballing and fingerF##king a 45GAP...
The G39.
But for now the 650 .357mag works very well.
IMHO
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:32:06 PM EDT
[#2]
First, welcome to the site!

Second, as a Kimber and Glock owner I HIGHLY recommend you keep your Kimber and buy the Glock when you can afford it. I made the mistake of selling off my Kimber but I missed it badly so I bought it back. Never sell a gun...just buy more

Honestly, you should be able to carry either the Kimber or the Glock without issue if you are using the right holster/belt combo. I can hide a full size 1911 just as easy as my G19 using a VMII and I'm a little guy; 5'5" & 128lbs. In fact it's easier for me to carry the 1911 at the 3 o'clock position.

So, keep the Kimber, save up and buy the G30, a nice holster for each and live happily ever after
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:41:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the advice. I kept the kimber and found a hell of a deal on a HK USPc .45 glad i kept the kimber thanks again man
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:50:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
First, welcome to the site!

Second, as a Kimber and Glock owner I HIGHLY recommend you keep your Kimber and buy the Glock when you can afford it. I made the mistake of selling off my Kimber but I missed it badly so I bought it back. Never sell a gun...just buy more

Honestly, you should be able to carry either the Kimber or the Glock without issue if you are using the right holster/belt combo. I can hide a full size 1911 just as easy as my G19 using a VMII and I'm a little guy; 5'5" & 128lbs. In fact it's easier for me to carry the 1911 at the 3 o'clock position.

So, keep the Kimber, save up and buy the G30, a nice holster for each and live happily ever after

+1

you can get glocks just about anywhere, but a kimber for a good price is tougher to get
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top