Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2006 2:04:01 PM EDT
Any info on what they may be offering?

I would like to see a slim line single stack 9mm/40 26 sized, but slimmer. And of course, the carbine!

Mark
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:08:44 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Any info on what they may be offering?

I would like to see a slim line single stack 9mm/40 26 sized, but slimmer. And of course, the carbine!

Mark

They're VERY hush hush about anything new.  At the armorers course the instructor did say that a carbine in 'rifle' calibers is in the works.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:14:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been hearing the carbine thing for a long time, was supposed to be last August. I did hear that there may be .45 with changeable back straps and external safety.
I would be happy with them adding 1/8-3/16" to the frame by the hand web area, why this hasn't been done is beyond me anyhow.

Mark
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:21:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll bet whenever they're out the 4th Gen pistols will have removable backstraps etc.  like the new HK P2000s, S&W M&P, S&W P99 and others.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:34:34 PM EDT
[#4]
If they would get rid of those damn finger grooves, I'd be a whole lot more likely to think about buying one.  
My fingers end up on top of the ridges and it just feels like crap.

Woody
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:49:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Woody, you need to stick with your HK...
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:51:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I have it on good authority they will be revealing....

a BRAND NEW, COMPLETELY REDESIGNED... E-TOOL!!!  
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:29:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I've heard the carbine in a rifle caliber and a .45acp Glock in a 1911 format with external safety to compete for the MEUSOC contract that is likely to proceed the replacement of the M9 with the military.... Got the 2006 Glock buyer's guide today but no hints... I'll be in vegas holding my breath I guess...
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:00:28 AM EDT
[#8]

I have it on good authority they will be revealing....

a BRAND NEW, COMPLETELY REDESIGNED... E-TOOL!!!

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:00:53 AM EDT
[#9]
I hope they expand the single stack .45 ACP into the midsize frame/slide.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:15:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If they would get rid of those damn finger grooves, I'd be a whole lot more likely to think about buying one.  
My fingers end up on top of the ridges and it just feels like crap.

Woody

+1

I think they used my 14 year old daughter's hand as a pattern for the groove placement. I vote for "If you want finger grooves, buy Hogue".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top