Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/28/2006 10:36:32 PM EDT
so whats so special about 45 gap and how does it compare to 45acp?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:40:33 PM EDT
Smaller grip for smaller hands.
Performance is the same as a .45ACP but it's expensive and you won't has as many choices.
If you want a .45ACP but hands are too small for the Glock you should really look at the XD in .45ACP.
Here's my link on the XD in .45ACP
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:13:08 AM EDT

Originally Posted By twonami:
Performance is the same as a .45ACP but it's expensive and you won't has as many choices.

I have actually found Gap Ammo Cheaper, by about $2.00.

Here are some examples:
www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=278415
www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=156285

I don't buy ammo online but as for pricing this is what I pay if I need some and have not loaded my own.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:54:48 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Arch-angel:
I have actually found Gap Ammo Cheaper, by about $2.00.

Here are some examples:
www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=278415
www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=156285

I get mine locally for a $1 less and no shipping

No problem finding it here in either state(ID or WA).
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:33:34 PM EDT
I bought a G38 about a month ago and its great.. Nice size to carry, same power as 45acp, and the pumpkin bullets are cool looking. It's been 100% reliable so far with approx 350 rounds of 230gr ball and 120 rounds of Speer Gold Dot 230gr. It would be tough to get me away from my G23 for daily carry but the G38 is real tempting.....
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:24:23 AM EDT
I was surprised to find that my local shop carries a great selection and has large quantities of 45GAP. That makes it very tempting...
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:16:20 AM EDT

Originally Posted By M4arc:
I was surprised to find that my local shop carries a great selection and has large quantities of 45GAP. That makes it very tempting...

Marc- What type/brand and how much are they charging?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:13:48 PM EDT

'Cause nobody has bought any of their inital ammo order.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:29:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BrianNH:

Marc- What type/brand and how much are they charging?

Brother, I made a special trip over to the shop at lunch for you.

The had both WWB and American in both 230gr and 185gr 50 round boxes for $16.99 and $16.69 repectively.

They also had Speer Gold Dots 185 & 200gr and Federal Hydrashok 185gr. Those were of course boxes of 20 and they where asking less than $20 per box.

They have thousands of rounds in stock and apparently sell a good number of the GAP models as well.

They have an OD frame G37 that I fondled for quiet some time before I was forces to give it back.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:35:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/30/2006 5:35:53 PM EDT by M4arc]

Originally Posted By 2Manchu:

'Cause nobody has bought any of their inital ammo order.

People like to rip on the 45GAP, I've been guilty of it myself, but I know they've sold at least 5 45GAP models since I started going over there in August.

Upstairs where the ammo is sold there where several empty tags for other brands and weights that I didn't take notice of but there was a lot less than there was the first time I noticed so someone is buying the guns and ammo up at a pretty decent rate.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:45:52 PM EDT
The ONLY reason that I didn't get a Glock 38 is that I've already got a P220 and a G36, and didn't want to have a mix/match error at the worse possible time with the rounds being so close in size.

wganz

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:58:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/31/2006 3:00:29 PM EDT by fla556guy]
It doesn't really even compare to the ACP. You loose velocity. .45 GAP is already at +p pressure, whereas the normal pressure for ACP is not at +p pressure. So when you want max velocity out of the ACP and go +p you gain over the GAP. If you shoot non +p ACP and GAP, you won't really see a difference. However when I choose a defensive load, I always go +P. Honestly, I don't really see any benefit over the GAP over the .40. They are both operating at +P pressures and fit in the same frame. The .40 probably wins because it will most likely stay within the FPS range for expansion than the GAP will. Now, that doesn't mean that it won't make someones heart go pitter patter when they go gun shopping, but for me, I don't see a need for it. I can comfortably shoot a USP 45F without problem, so I don't need a smaller frame becuase I lack the necessary hand size.
Top Top