Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2006 3:59:23 PM EDT
Wanna get some Straight 8's for my 19.  Where's the best/cheapest place.  Thanks,

Doc
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:46:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Dawson Precision
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:00:24 PM EDT
[#3]
CGR

Their "race cut" Heinies are kick-ass.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:59:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Midway has them, too. You probably get the best shipping price from Midway and it can be calculated in the shopping cart.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:35:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
CGR

Their "race cut" Heinies are kick-ass.

Agreed
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:53:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Are these something that you can install yourself or should you take it to a gun smith. If you can do it yourself are there any tools you need? I just got my first Glock (G30) last week and want to put these sights on.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:02:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Brownell's sells a rear sight romoval/installation tool. It's size specific (large-G20, G21, G30, G36 & small- all others). Pair of pliers takes the front sight off. Lock-tite and a hex wrench puts it back on.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:05:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Are these something that you can install yourself or should you take it to a gun smith. If you can do it yourself are there any tools you need? I just got my first Glock (G30) last week and want to put these sights on.

Thanks

yeah, a sight pusher helps with Glock sites, but its not absolutely necessary.  Lock the slide in a vise and use a punch will work too for the rear sight.  The hex wrench is a necessity for the front sight installation.  Heine is now using a set screw on their rear sights, so it may fit loose enough in the dovetail to just push in and tighten the screw.  I haven't installed any Heine's yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top