Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/20/2006 1:58:23 PM EDT
my reasons are , glock 19 holds 15 rnds versus 10 from the hk . 9mm is much cheaper and so are accessorys . the hk is a great pistol but it is harder to carry concealed. any opinions are appreciated . i relly love the hk so iam just considering possibilities
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:18:45 PM EDT
I have a Glock 19 and I'd love a USP. Can you get both? They don't really compare as they are very different animals.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:21:01 PM EDT
Go Glock! Austrian plastic is SO much better than German plastic!

<­BR>

Despite what you may believe after that post, I'm a very loud glock lover.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:16:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Woody600:
I have a Glock 19 and I'd love a USP. Can you get both? They don't really compare as they are very different animals.

i want to ihave owned a model 21 first generation and i ithought it was great pistol. but iam not very good at saving money.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:44:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By jerrye:
i want to ihave owned a model 21 first generation and i ithought it was great pistol. but iam not very good at saving money.

You and I both. I've been making HUGE credit card payments to get rid of the thing and I keep seeing that gap between what I owe and the limit as "gun money". My CC is frozen in a softball sized block of ice.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:27:52 PM EDT
I have a G19 and I would not trade it for any other pistol out there. In my opinion it is the best all around pistol made. I absolutely love the thing.

get the 19 you won't regret it
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:29:25 PM EDT
I traded my hk usp 45 for a g21 and I have never regreted it at all, and I thought that I would
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:32:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/21/2006 5:29:29 AM EDT by 1IV]
I just got mine today... Used for 390$$, and it still has the gold grease on it. and the papers. My favorite pawn shop has a free year long intrest free lay away. I have a SW29 44 mag I am picking up in two months, a SKSD I ll have in June, and now a G19 This late summer. Aint life grand.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:38:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:46:36 PM EDT
No Way I've got three USPs and I wouldn't trade them unless I was getting an insanely good pistol.

Damn fine gun. :)
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:41:46 PM EDT
I have both. I love both. The 19 is a tad bit more universal.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:46:10 PM EDT
If you carry, Glock 19 will be a lot easier on your belt. USP 45 is unbearably fat and hard to conceal.

USPs are fine guns, but for concealed carry, I would not even look at Sig or USP, as they are fat (width), unless you live in the North and permanently wrap yourself in a parka or a sweather all the time.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:00:26 PM EDT
I love my G19 but as others have mentioned, keep the USP too. The G19 has been around for almost 20 years, so you should be able to find a good used one. Just scrimp and save and keep your eyes peeled for a good deal.

Trey

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:39:18 AM EDT
i think iam gonna keep the hk and save for the glock . i have about 100 bucks saved that the ball and chain dont know about. but it is burning a big ass whole in my pocket
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:03:15 AM EDT
I have a USP Tactical 45 , a USP compact 45 and a G19.

I would never sell one of my USPs. I carry the USPc45 every day. The G19 is a very nice gun but beside the obvious caliber difference, the grip angle is different.

BTW....the G19 and the USPc are nearly identical in size.

Bomber
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:32:11 AM EDT
I wouldn't trade a USP for a Glock, and besides if you save up your $, you can get the glock, and keep the USP. The USP is a better gun (I still love Glock) because of it's control layout. That being said, a glock has many many plusses. It has cheap, reliable mags. It is very very reliable. They have lower felt recoil because of the grip angle and low bore axis.

If I had to choose between a HK USP and a Glock, I'd probably choose the USP, but again, that doesn't mean that the Glock is a worse gun....the HK is just more user friendly to me (ambi mag drop, BIG slide release)
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:42:16 PM EDT
save up, get the G19

keep the HK--
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:11:38 PM EDT

my reasons are , glock 19 holds 15 rnds versus 10 from the hk . 9mm is much cheaper and so are accessorys . the hk is a great pistol but it is harder to carry concealed. any opinions are appreciated . i relly love the hk so iam just considering possibilities

My USP hold 12 + 1 in .45. You just need bigger mags. Sounds like you're making an excuse to get a new gun. I'm sure someone on here will snag up your USP.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:50:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MrMurphy:

My USP hold 12 + 1 in .45. You just need bigger mags. Sounds like you're making an excuse to get a new gun. I'm sure someone on here will snag up your USP.

+1

h/w, in that case, my G17 holds 34rnds while my HK UPS holds only 13.....
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:58:42 PM EDT
I would never trade an HK for a Glock. That's like trading a Cadillac for a Chevy. But any tard that wants to trade me a decent HK for a Glock.... Oh nevermind. I couldn't sleep at night.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:49:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:53:49 PM EDT
I have a USP 45c and a G19. I thought for a time about selling the USP but it is a stainless model (discontinued from what i understand) and i got it before they put the mainspring lock in them. It is a safe queen as i never got a holster for it, and i`ve only put 260 rounds through it. So i think i should keep it. It really is IMO a classy pistol.

The G19 is just so simple and parts and mags so available and cheap it is hard not to like it for that. I have been carrying the G19 for a year or so now. I`d say hold on to the USP and get a 19 down the road. You would probly regret selling it at some point.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:20:03 PM EDT
If you are looking to carry the gun, I would vote G19 all the way. I had a USP Expert in .45 which was awesomely accurate but it just wasn't fast for me. The big slide was slow and the high bore axis just made it a fight to keep the sights down. Forget about concealed carry. I sold it because I figured if I wanted accuracy and speed in a .45 I would just grab a 1911. Plus, the USP seemed awefully expensive for a plastic gun. I have a G19 now w/ a barsto barrel and it is faster, smaller, and equally accurate to the USP. Anyway, all that said I wish I hadn't sold the USP. If it was me, I would keep the USP and save up for a used g19......
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:55:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By skpp108:
I would never trade an HK for a Glock. That's like trading a Cadillac for a Chevy. But any tard that wants to trade me a decent HK for a Glock.... Oh nevermind. I couldn't sleep at night.

I traided my usp45 for a g21 because when doing combat shooting from ccw to many times the hk was in a non-fire position, meaning , in the hight thumb position the decocker was half way engagded which puts the gun in a no-fire position. I tried cairrying in double action mode with the safty off ,low thumbs and found the saftey on to many times as I sqeeze the triger. after 11 years with the HK it got better but not perfect .I could have changed the HK to double action only , but the double action trigger is a long ,creepy 12.5 pounds. The other option was to make it a "cocked and locked " set up . But I dont want to customize anything, I want a gun thats good to go out of the box. My wife allready had a glock 21 and you could not pry that gun away from her, so why fight the power?Now we share mags ,ammo ,holsters, if she grabs the wrong gun in the dark it doesnt matter. It has been an exelant trade for me ,and I have no regrets.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:24:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By WMHM4:
I have a G19 and I would not trade it for any other pistol out there. In my opinion it is the best all around pistol made. I absolutely love the thing.

get the 19 you won't regret it

+1
And I used to hate everything about Glocks.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:10:34 AM EDT
HKUSP45F is a good gun, but the G19 is much more versatile. I used to have a USP45, now I have two G19's.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:22:56 AM EDT

worst.idea.evar.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:25:31 PM EDT
I either carry my 26 or 19. It's hard to find a better balance in firepower and concealment in my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:35:25 PM EDT
I have a Glock 19 and an HK USP compact .45 I have carried the HK 3 times, and carry the Glock on an almost daily basis, I fire my Glock all the freaking time and don't really enjoy firing my HK. All a matter of opinion
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:16:17 PM EDT
How does the USP trigger compare to the Glock? I hear alot of people say USPs have shitty triggers and take a good bit of practice to be able to shoot accurately. Is a trigger job on the USP necessary?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:39:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/26/2006 8:42:38 PM EDT by ar-steve]
the Hk trigger is not even the same animal as the glock and it was the main reason for trading it. The glock trigger is about 5.5 pounds and smooth, the HK trigger is 12.5 pounds ,twice as long and very creepy. I am not a trigger snob, the hk is the first and only trigger that I could not live with. Many people that have had trigger jobs on the usp report light primer stikes.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:04:48 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ar-steve:
the Hk trigger is not even the same animal as the glock and it was the main reason for trading it. The glock trigger is about 5.5 pounds and smooth, the HK trigger is 12.5 pounds ,twice as long and very creepy. I am not a trigger snob, the hk is the first and only trigger that I could not live with. Many people that have had trigger jobs on the usp report light primer stikes.

You need to get your facts straight. I own both and have no idea what you are talking about.

Glock triggers are anything but smooth and HK is no where near 12.5lbs . The LEM trigger is a stout 8 lbs and easily brought down to 3.5 lbs if that is your preference with $7 and 10 minutes. No light promer strikes either as this mod does not incluse a change of hammer spring. The Var 1 triggers are already in the 3 - 4 lb range stock when on double action and a little more and obviously longer on SA. The Var 1 also gives you a decocker and safety which the Glock doesn't. In other words, to compare the var 1 with the Glock is pure folly as it's a classic apples and oranges comparison from either perspective. And as I mention above, you significantly overstated the difference between the LEM and Glock type triggers.

IMHO based upon current ownership of all 3 triggers mentioned above, none of them are stellar but if pressed, I would go with the HK Var 1 as best. YMMV. With that said, the G19 is a superb weapon and have considered carrying one in lieu of my USPc 45......just considered.

Bomber
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:53:30 AM EDT
Where the fuck did I say LEM? apples and oranges? didnt I start the post with " not the same animal"? Did you read the post? and for your info the STOCK hk double action trigger is 12.5 pounds. Get your facts straight.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:03:27 AM EDT
Horrible idea.

You can find G19's all the time for less than $500.

Scrap together $490 and get a Glock 19 later.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:07:40 AM EDT

Where the fuck did I say LEM? apples and oranges? didnt I start the post with " not the same animal"? Did you read the post? and for your info the STOCK hk double action trigger is 12.5 pounds. Get your facts straight.

That must have changed recently. Digital scale always had mine in the 9lb range on DA. I don't have Hk's anymore, but I did check the three I owned.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:09:20 AM EDT

The glock trigger is about 5.5 pounds and smooth...

To call the Glock trigger "smooth", in relation to anything, is a little suspect.

Every really huge Glock fans will tell you that a stock Glock trigger is decent for a "combat handgun", but isn't anything to write home about in comparison to other triggers.

Hell, I've shot Ruger revolvers with nicer triggers.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:21:51 AM EDT
OK I dont mean "browning smooth" maybe I should call the glock trigger loose but definitly not as creepy as the hk . And for the record I carried my usp45 for 11 years, I love hk
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:28:42 AM EDT
I'm a Glock fan, so take this for what it's worth. I've never shot a USP but I love both the G19 and G20 (and 21 for that matter) I recently traded my 21 in on an 17 so that I could afford more pactice, conceal it better and share magazines and ammo with my wife (who has a 19).

I miss the 21 but can shoot twice as much. During the ban I think a 45 was the way to go, 10 rounds of 45 most certainly beat 10 rounds of 9mm. I am a 45 fan. But when you are comparing 13 rounds of 45 to 17 rounds of 9mm (or 15 with the 19) the race gets a little closer. Throw in the fact that my wife can shoot it better and that made the case for me.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:28:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/27/2006 10:31:40 AM EDT by thebomber]

Resorting to profanity......nice.

You are right, you didn't say "LEM" so I apologize. On the other hand you didn't specify which of the HK Fire control groups you were refering to. So are we now supposed to be mind readers? Lacking specificity on your end, I addressed the two most common configurations.

The point is......a Glock is not smooth by any standard and an HK Trigger (pick which configuration you want) is not 12.5 lbs either. I would say neither trigger is excellent and both are "good" from a tactical POV.

Glocks are good weapons as I indicated but please, pick something other than the trigger because they too dissimilar to make valid comparisons. If you weren't talking about the LEM, then you need to understand that the Version 1 trigger has features that may be meaningful to some that the Glock does not. From a fuctional POV, the LEM would be a better comparison to the Glock than a version 1,2 or 3.

Once Again, I currently own both and shoot them back to back.

As far as the comment "not the same animal", once again the context in which you said that, indicated you were talking about the trigger pull and not the trigger configuration.

YMMV

Bomber
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:23:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By rmdugan84:
How does the USP trigger compare to the Glock? I hear alot of people say USPs have shitty triggers and take a good bit of practice to be able to shoot accurately. Is a trigger job on the USP necessary?

this is why I compared the glock trigger to the hk trigger. Not the same animal, I have never fired the lem so I dont know about that one , My hk did have a 12.5 trigger, or the gauge was wrong? could be I suppose. Hk is a great gun, Im just trying to ansewer the question. SORRY ABOUT THE F@#$%* WORD, I got exited
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:14:16 PM EDT

i think iam gonna keep the hk and save for the glock . i have about 100 bucks saved that the ball and chain dont know about. but it is burning a big ass whole in my pocket

Then put the money in a pair of pants you are not wearing.
Pretend you already spent it and no longer have access to it.

(out of sight, ___ __ ____)
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:42:32 PM EDT
You guys kill me. Complaining about the trigger on a combat handgun is like complaining that you don't like the door handle on your race car. At the end of the race/fight you won't even remember getting in the car/pulling the trigger so why fucking worry so much about it?

Worry more about the DA and the cops that show up at the scene.

G
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:52:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By glock23carry:
Complaining about the trigger on a combat handgun is like complaining that you don't like the door handle on your race car.

It's more like worrying about the way the gas pedal responds to your foot...

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:57:08 PM EDT
Please. Did you really feel the trigger break on the last deer hunt/duck shoot/whistle pig blasting?

G
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:05:52 PM EDT
Have to agree with Shivan, Used Glocks can be had for >450 usd, So just get both.

Harlan bro, Thats why I like you, You just rub everyone the right way

Oh and P.S. I drive a Jeep, Im lucky to even HAVE door handles, Much less complain about them
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:07:00 PM EDT

Please. Did you really feel the trigger break on the last deer hunt/duck shoot/whistle pig blasting?

At 3.5lbs on my Remington, with no creep, no over travel? Yeah, it felt almost as good as my 1911.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:12:26 PM EDT
Why do we bother to try to convert the heathens...

G
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:14:03 PM EDT

Why do we bother to try to convert the heathens...

Way too serious man -- way too serious.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:29:27 PM EDT
I guess this is the place for me to pipe in that I'm considering trading my P2000SK (9mm) for a Glock 21. I like 45, and I want a shooter so that I can spend more time getting my 1911 how I want it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:30:25 PM EDT
Do it....come over to the darkside Luke.....feel the force!
Top Top