Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2006 7:19:46 PM EDT
I will be purchasing a G35.  But, I want it to shoot .357 Sig.  What should I be thinking about?  This will be a duty weapon.  I believe I need to buy the barrel separately.

Thank you very much!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:31:42 PM EDT
[#1]
It is just a barrel(aftermarket) swap. I would make VERY SURE it is ok with your department BEFORE you carry it on duty.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:40:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Jarvis makes a barrel, everything else should be the same. Recoil spring might be different too, but I doubt it. Definately check with the department before using.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:39:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Just a thought.

Check with your department first.

The .35 does not come in .357 SIG.
Changing the barrel means it is no longer stock.
Most departments I know of prohibit such things for duty guns.
This may mean more questions or enhanced liability if its used in an officer invloved shooting.

My advise would be don't do it for a duty gun.

That being said.....

All you need is a barrel. BarSto makes the best ones. They are also made by KKM, Federal, Lone Wolf, Sorm Lake, and Federal.

If you do this, change out the magazines and use .357 magazines. Although the .40 magazines will work you don't want .40 magazines loaded with .357. You may forget and stick them in a .40, or a fellow officer may try the same thing under duress.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:43:27 AM EDT
[#4]
KKM is a true drop in.  I have used a couple of them in .357 Sig, different Glock models, though.  Ask your armorer this question and have him install the barrel, if it is allowed, drop in, or not.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:59:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

If you do this, change out the magazines and use .357 magazines. Although the .40 magazines will work you don't want .40 magazines loaded with .357. You may forget and stick them in a .40, or a fellow officer may try the same thing under duress.

If another officer is under duress doesn't mean shit when talking about .357 and .40 glock mags. They are the same except for the marking which an induvidual under duress will not notice. They will both lock in and even chamber exactly the same. The only difference will be when the trigger is pulled.

When I was issued my Glock 22 I got rid of my 31 and only have .40 cal Glocks a 27 and a 35.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:12:41 PM EDT
[#6]
If you want to carry a .357sig, then my suggestion would be to buy one (if your department allows this).  If your department issues guns, all in the same caliber, then there is a reason for this.  They want you to be able to use each other's mags in case of something going down.  IMHO, the ability to use a down'ed officer's mags in a situation that necessitates it is a far greater advantage than any that .357 sig round can provide you.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:40:17 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If another officer is under duress doesn't mean shit when talking about .357 and .40 glock mags. They are the same except for the marking which an induvidual under duress will not notice. They will both lock in and even chamber exactly the same. The only difference will be when the trigger is pulled.

When I was issued my Glock 22 I got rid of my 31 and only have .40 cal Glocks a 27 and a 35.

Exactly. But you still need to take every precaution to prevent it. I own three Glocks in two different calibers. I know a 9mm fits my .40 and vice versa. So I mark my magazines and keep them seperate so I don't make the same mistake. I almost wish the different caliber magazines would not interchange.

We all know that the take your mags under fire scenario is remote at best. More officers are hurt and or killed in accidents then in fire fights. But accidents happen so we try our best to take reasonable steps to reduce the risk of such things happening. Labeling or marking your magazines is simple and a reasonable thing to do.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top