Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2006 6:22:58 PM EDT
If so how much are they?

If they are not why isn't glock making them in country?

I'd buy a few if they where.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:31:39 PM EDT
[#1]

are there any in country?

Nope not that I know of but if there were any they might look like this.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:35:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

are there any in country?

Nope not that I know of but if there were any they might look like this.  
img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/hotrod9mm/G25-G28z.jpg

They are kinda sweet looking.

I would love to have a 28.

I wish the US plant and make some for the US market.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:42:24 PM EDT
[#3]
They are prohibited from importation because they are Saturdaay Night Specials.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:54:29 AM EDT
[#4]
They are not available to the civilian market.

Why would you want one?

A G26 or a G19 are the same size and use real bullets.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:29:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Why would you want one? Something to add to the collection.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:16:29 PM EDT
[#6]
From what I've read elsewhere, there were two G25s imported for a police department several years ago.  They were for two undercover females, who wanted the .380.  One was sold when one of the officers quit, and the other is still with the officer.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:39:58 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why would you want one? Something to add to the collection.

Fair enough.

Just add an 18 to the list for me.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:41:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
They are prohibited from importation because they are Saturdaay Night Specials.

Glock needs more "import points" to import a "small caliber" pistol according to customs.  I'll look for the link.  I know a few LEO's that have em as bugs.

This explains it pretty good, if you look over the one part lol.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:53:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Glock will sell them to LEO/military only. The reason they are made is alot of countries have bans on "military calibers". The are blowback operated. Supposedly a few have slipped into the US.
    The rarest factory glock is a glock 19 chambered in 9x21, only 3 of which were made, these were made for use by US military investigators working in Italy, where 9mm handguns are prohibited.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:36:41 AM EDT
[#10]
They lack the one last point required because they are Blowback pistols.  I read that a few years back.  Is that where that link goes?  Didn't bother to look...

ETA:

yeah, just checked it out.

They lack 2 points for being a smaller caliber AND they lose 5 points for not having a locking breach...

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:38:40 AM EDT
[#11]
By "in country" do you mean IRAQ?

If you mean in this country, how would glock make them here?  Set up a special plant?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:41:22 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

They lack 2 points for being a smaller caliber AND they lose 5 points for not having a locking breach...

How many points do they need?

87?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:45:30 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

If you mean in this country, how would glock make them here?  Set up a special plant?

Imean in the US.

And there is a plant in GA.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:47:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Ok, while the "import points" does have a little to do with it, the key is Glock NEVER submitted the G25 or G28 for importation. Part of the reason was the .380 was not a good seller in the U.S. and every magazine article slammed it for being a poor performer.  The "points" is much like the "kb" crap floating around on the interweb. IIRC the G25 would make the points needed.  

The 9x21 "only 3" is another urban myth floating around on the web. The 9x21 was/is sold in Italy and IIRC used by the Italian police for a while(they still might?). All of those are serial numbered prefix with "CAT"(catalog).  

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:33:25 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Imean in the US.

Yes, but they don't make frames here. They are made in Austria and assembled here. So they are still considered imports.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:43:36 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Imean in the US.

Yes, but they don't make frames here. They are made in Austria and assembled here. So they are still considered imports.

Learned something new.  I though all of what is sold here was made here in the states.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:20:12 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Ok, while the "import points" does have a little to do with it, the key is Glock NEVER submitted the G25 or G28 for importation. Part of the reason was the .380 was not a good seller in the U.S. and every magazine article slammed it for being a poor performer.  The "points" is much like the "kb" crap floating around on the interweb. IIRC the G25 would make the points needed.  

The 9x21 "only 3" is another urban myth floating around on the web. The 9x21 was/is sold in Italy and IIRC used by the Italian police for a while(they still might?). All of those are serial numbered prefix with "CAT"(catalog).  

img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/hotrod9mm/G17-9X21.jpg

What do you mean "a little to do with it" ??  They have  A LOT to do with it.  Glock didn't submit them to the ATF for review because they knew they'd fail.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:50:43 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Imean in the US.

Glock does make frames here now, not all frames but the most popular ones.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:54:15 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

The glock 380 guns are for one purpose - to sell into countries where the civilians are not allowed military calibers such as 9mm. That is all. The US does not have that problem, so the guns are not sold here.

The original guns would not have qualified point wise, but the newer ones would have enough points given then new features.

Of course, since glock now makes frames here, they could just make the gun here if they wanted, but as you point out, who really wants a 380 when you can have a 9mm/40/357Sig in the same frame size?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:15:03 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/hotrod9mm/G17-9X21.jpg

What do you mean "a little to do with it" ??  They have  A LOT to do with it.  Glock didn't submit them to the ATF for review because they knew they'd fail.  

Glock 26s and 27s failed.  Wonder what kinda bribe that took to take care of.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:17:20 AM EDT
[#21]
They failed?  How did they fail?  They get more points due to weight and caliber size and they have locking breaches.

What new features on the .380s can put them over the top point-wise?

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:30:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Does it use the same frame size as the 19?

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:41:18 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

What new features on the .380s can put them over the top point-wise?

Loaded Chamber Indicator. Only affects G25, which sends it over by 1 point, G28 is still short of points.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:44:13 PM EDT
[#24]
You can make your own 9x21 Glock... just need to ream out the chamber on a regular G17. Loaded round length, loading data and ballistics are the same as for 9x19.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:44:46 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Glock 26s and 27s failed.  Wonder what kinda bribe that took to take care of.

?

They meet it with minimum number of points. With Loaded Chamber Indicator, they are both at +5.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:53:36 PM EDT
[#26]
The calculator I found said they failed.  The 26 was the model used for the calculator.  Look up
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:36:46 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
The calculator I found said they failed.  The 26 was the model used for the calculator.  Look up

My guess is you only added 5pts for fixed sights. Early G26 & G27 came with adjustable sights worth 10.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:02:45 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My guess is you only added 5pts for fixed sights. Early G26 & G27 came with adjustable sights worth 10.

I didn't add anything up,  The point calculator that I posted earlier had the glock 26 stats already in it and said it was short.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:41:57 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
The point calculator that I posted earlier had the glock 26 stats already in it and said it was short.

IIRC BATF rounds the weight up to the next whole oz. So that would make it 75pts not 74.7  
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:24:59 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The point calculator that I posted earlier had the glock 26 stats already in it and said it was short.

IIRC BATF rounds the weight up to the next whole oz. So that would make it 75pts not 74.7  

Yep, you get 1 point for every ounce, or portion of an ounce. If a gun weighs 20.0001 ounces, it gets 21 points. It is a little confusing, since you do not get credit for partial length.

Here is how the Glock 26 scores:

Length (6.29") 1
Weight (21.87oz) 22
Caliber (9mm) 10
Locked breech 5
Firing pin block 10
Double action 10
Target sight 10
Target grips 5
Target trigger 2
Total 75

Newer ones now have LCI as I mentioned, so are at 80 points.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 2:14:45 PM EDT
[#31]
So now tell me again how the point system doesn't matter?

Thought so.

Who cares about .380s anyway?  

Get a Kel-Tec
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top