Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2005 12:43:11 PM EDT
Does anybody have one of these on their Glock?  Do they really help?

I handled a Glock for the first time last week and I would be sold if I can get a longer mag release.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:45:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one that is not only extended, but the button is enlarged.  I shoot a Glock 22 mostly and love it.  I used to have to twist the gun in my hand to drop mags. Not anymore.  MUCH quicker reloads in USPSA.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:48:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is the extended Mag release and slide lock installed on my 23 ...  This is the factory extended ...

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:50:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the one on my G34.  I hit the edges with some ~300 grit sandpaper to get rid of the sharp front edge and points.  It feels much better than before..
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:54:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Man I can't believe the quick replies.

Thanks guys!  The Glock is a gorgeous handgun, and like Dusty_C said I also have to twist my hand to release the mag.

I feel good that with an extended mag release a Glock will be the right choice.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:47:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I also have to twist my hand to release the mag.

I believe that was in the design as to not accidentally hit the mag catch at a bad time.  If you like the extended mag catch then go for it.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:32:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:51:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I like the one on my G34.  I hit the edges with some ~300 grit sandpaper to get rid of the sharp front edge and points.  It feels much better than before..

Big +1.  I have a 35 and before I did this, it was painful to push the mag release.  I rounded the corners gently with a file and smoothed the serrations slightly.  Much, much happier.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:53:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I have aG35 with extended slide release adn mag release I dont like either one but I dont have a problem reaching standard mag release on the G21
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:38:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
...... it would be sold if I can get a longer mag release.

What model?

Where in ID?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:56:21 AM EDT
[#10]
The extended mag releases are great for IDPA or other competition.  However, I have had some problems with inadvertent engagement of the mag release when the gun is accidently pressed against a holster.  Not a good thing at all.  You think your mag is seated and it is not.  IMHO I would avoid one for a carry gun.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:36:33 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The extended mag releases are great for IDPA or other competition.  However, I have had some problems with inadvertent engagement of the mag release when the gun is accidently pressed against a holster.  Not a good thing at all.  You think your mag is seated and it is not.  IMHO I would avoid one for a carry gun.

I carved out a hole in my carry holster.  I've even done drop tests to see it I can press it.  It's not going anywhere. but then again, not to many people wanna carve on a holster, much less a Glock, and I've done both
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top