Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I love my G30.

G30 is best for CCW.
3 shots
3 feet
3 seconds

The G30 is a great gun if you've got the body frame and clothing to hide it's width.  I adore the G30, but find it too bulky to wear comfortably.  Again - my preference.  I'm pretty lean so I find the G36 is the right Glock for my CCW adventures.  I wasn't too happy about the 6 round capacity so I purchased a +1 extension.  With one in the pipe, it carries the same volume of 45 Auto as my 1911 - good enough for me!  Added some night sights, a good Fobus holster, and an inside-the-pants holster for summer wear.

I also like the way the G36 handles, it's a little snappy when dumping the magazine, but at 25 yards my groups are pretty tight.  

Your thought process is good, but it's really an individual choice.  Base your decision on what you shoot well, what you wear well, and what you shoot well.  For me that was an ultra slim semi auto with no mechanical frills, high test lead, and resistant to all possible weather and precarious CCW environments.

Thanks again to everyone for your comments.  Very helpful.  I considered the G36 but didn't like the six shot limitation either.  I wasn't aware that they made +1 extensions for the magazine.  Do they work well?

I think so, it's a little awkward in the hands when the mag is empty.  There's a little play cause the cartridges aren't holding the mag taught.  But who carries an empty CCW gun anyway!

When it's loaded, it's a very tight and ergonomically perfect carry for those wanting a simple, rugged, slim, accurate, and easily concealed 45 Auto.  I'm a big fan of the G36 extension as it also adds a very stable grip on the handgun.

I'll reitterate though, that I prefer this set up.  FYI the G36 has the same slide width as the G19.  The G30 is noticably thicker - I forget the actual dimension, but when holding and comparing the two, it's noticable.  Sometimes that makes all the difference to the shooter.

I will say this....if I wasn't such an advocate for a 45 Auto CCW gun, I'd carry the G19.  My logic is that in the event that'd warrant pulling a CCW gun and killing an immediate threat....It's gonna most likely happen in the first couple shots....might as well have those two shots be a 45!!!

I didn't coin this phrase, but I love it:

"A 9mm may expand, but a 45 will never shrink!"

FWIW, I'd never part with my G17 either

The G36 is actually thinner than the G19.  1.13" (28.5mm) vs 1.18" (30mm)

FYI, the G36 slide will fit a G30 frame, and will function without a hiccup.  I have personally seen this done.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:42:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd have to see pics before I believe that.  Not saying it can't be done, but I need to see some evidence
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:47:30 AM EDT
[#3]
G26. I used to have a G19, but then noticed how much more accurately I could shoot my friend's G26. It's odd, but a lot of people seem to be able to shoot the G26 better.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:03:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
G26. I used to have a G19, but then noticed how much more accurately I could shoot my friend's G26.

It's odd, but a lot of people seem to be able to shoot the G26 better.

My best friend (Detective with the local PD) swears the same thing re: his G23 and his G27.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:15:55 AM EDT
[#5]
g32 is what I carry.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:17:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top