Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2005 6:04:15 PM EDT
Got to handle a Glock 36 with a Pearce grip extension this afternoon at the local funshop. This combo overcomes my only complaint against Glocks is that they actually fit my hand. (Bene Note' that I said they since the regular magazine by itself leaves the grip too short for my hand.) A side benefit is that the Pearce Grip adapter adds 1 to the round count.

Does anyone have any experience with this combo? They also had three P245's on consignment there that are vying for my attention and was wanting to get some feedback on this model to make an informed choice. The G36 is thinner and lighter than a P245 which makes it a very viable alternative as a CCW when coming home in a set of scrubs after a 3p-11p shift. And with the Pearce mag extensions, it does fit. Yeah, my P239 is lighter and smaller but when you got to deal with goblins && zombies on the way home on a Saturday midnight, only a .452 diameter hole does the job.

Thanks for your comments,

wganz

Link Posted: 11/1/2005 3:40:33 AM EDT
[#1]
To me, the 245 is not really that small.  I went looking for a compact, reliable, around $600 or $700 carry gun. It had to be something that would take some abuse from the elements and all.  Glock 36 was the only thing I could find so I bought one.  I like it a lot.  I got a grip extension as well but I don't use it for carry because it makes the grip harder to hide.

I don't like the grip of the G30 (the double stack 45 compact) it is just to blocky.  I have the same prob with the USP 45's.  

I also have a Colt CCO that gets a lot of carry.  The G36 is slightly lighter loaded than my  CCO empty.  On a long day, this is not a bad thing.  

Even though it is light, I find the recoil easy to handle with standard 45 acp loads.  I've had people tell me that the 36 does not tollerate limp risting, but I have not had a single hickup one.

I don't think you can go wrong with the 36, and if it is for carry, I think it will be easier than the 245.  
Link Posted: 11/2/2005 7:39:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Get the G36, you will love it.  For a compact gun it is very comfortable to shoot and easy to carry.  The Sig P245 is just too heavy.
Link Posted: 11/6/2005 12:30:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I had a P245 and hated it, despite the fact I'm a huge Sig fan.  The gap between the frame and the magazine is quite pronounced, and makes the gun uncomfortable to shoot.  A compact glock is much more comfortable to shoot, in my opinion.
Link Posted: 11/8/2005 11:10:11 AM EDT
[#4]
love my g36! the only prob i had were those frigging finger grooves; they were too small for my fingers so the points of the swells would be resting on the inside of the knuckle, very annoying and kinda painful after a lot of shooting...a dremel took care of that, though...
Link Posted: 11/8/2005 11:12:34 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
love my g36! the only prob i had were those frigging finger grooves; they were too small for my fingers so the points of the swells would be resting on the inside of the knuckle, very annoying and kinda painful after a lot of shooting...a dremel took care of that, though...

I'm about to dremel them off my G22.  I hate them to.  The compact Glocks have an extra spring on the guide rod that really really helps with recoil.  I was faster back on target with my g27 than I am with my G22
Link Posted: 11/12/2005 9:07:28 PM EDT
[#6]
love my 36, dumping a mag of 230gr+p's make my hand numb but out of all of my pistols I enjoy it the best, and it's a toss up between shooting it and my AR for enjoyability. The only down side I have with it is the fact it's a p.i.t.a. to hide a extra mag, but when I carry my brick 1911 I can carry two extra mags behind my wallet and no one knows.
Link Posted: 11/13/2005 2:46:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Went by the funshop yesterday to put the G36 on layaway and am going to pass on the P245s.

Thanks for the input,

wganz

Link Posted: 11/13/2005 5:36:57 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Went by the funshop yesterday to put the G36 on layaway and am going to pass on the P245s.

Good move!  If I didn't have a small 1911 (CCO) I would have a 36 for a carry gun.  They shoot great and fit my small hands very well.

Link Posted: 11/13/2005 10:35:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Good move!  If I didn't have a small 1911 (CCO) I would have a 36 for a carry gun.  They shoot great and fit my small hands very well.

I thought about the small 1911's and even tho the mag for the 36 is fat, I still chose it, I love it. You should buy one anyways, you know you want to, maybe that two tone w/ nightsights? damn I kinda want a two tone now oh and what is a cco? I've heard of ccw, ccp, wth does the o stand for?
Link Posted: 11/14/2005 4:31:48 AM EDT
[#10]
CCO= Concealed Carry Officer  it is a Colt lightweight officer frame fitted to a commander slide.  I have one. prob the top carry 1911 in my book.  But. even with the lightweight frame, the CCO is heavier unloaded than my 36 loaded.   My 36 is a working gun though.  It gets some abuse.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:59:43 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Thanks for the input,

wganz

Traded in a Remington 7400 .30-06 carbine safe queen to liberate the baby.

Didn't realize it until I got it home and put it by the P239 how close they were in size. That pretty well sealed the P239's fate to go back to the fun shop as wampum towards another pistola.

Going to take to the Texas Tom Bean on 8Jan05 to get it broke in properly.

wganz

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:00:06 PM EDT
[#12]
the Pearce grip extension is essential for the G 36 I might add that a Galco S.O.B holster might be a choice and maybe not,,,I would love a extended slide release though but just a minor B*tch from this owner overall it's a keeper IMO
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:22:52 AM EDT
[#13]
I have carried a Glock 36 for a couple of years and I love it...  I set mine up with two color (yellow rear green front) Trijicon night sights and use a FIST K-1 ultrathin kydex IWB tucked right in the front while working as a plain clothes police officer.. I sent it to Stipple Grip and had the grip done up and it looks, feels, shoots, and carries great... by the way  185gr +P Remington Golden Sabers are by choice out of the short tube....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top