BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 8/25/2005 6:53:18 AM EDT
Any photos or ideas on an ETA?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:33:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I heard there were problems with the prototypes and the date was pushed up to early 2006.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:56:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:31:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm kinda hoping they make a .223.  I already have a glock 19 for pistol caliber applications.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:20:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:46:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I spent some time with Glock a few months ago and they confirmed the rifle rumor. That's all i can say.
J

Do you think that is the big announcement Gaston mentioned in the 2005 Glock Annual?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:58:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I've got one pre-ordered along with my Shrike. Should be here any day now
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:56:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I spent some time with Glock a few months ago and they confirmed the rifle rumor. That's all i can say.

J

Can't you at least give us a little taste and tell us the caliber(s)? Pleassssse???

I hope it's a 9mm (something along the lines of the Beretta Storm) but most people tend to think it will be a .223\5.56?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:58:00 AM EDT
[#8]
I really hope it's in 9mm and will take a 33rd mag.   Being able to share mags with a G17 would just be icing on the cake.

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:59:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I really hope it's in 9mm and will take a 33rd mag.   Being able to share mags with a G17 would just be icing on the cake.

+1 - It has to be able to take G17, G18 and really G19 mags too (IMO anyway). If they build that I would have to think it would sell like hot cakes. Even to people not really looking for a 9mm carbine just because there are so many people who love Glocks and have either a G19 or G17 already.

I have both (G19 and G17) and 15-20 G17, G18 and G19 mags already and I know I'm not even close to being alone.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:07:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Will this rifle/carbine be made in the US?  It would have to be because of the import laws.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:40:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

J

Can't you at least give us a little taste and tell us the caliber(s)? Pleassssse???

I hope it's a 9mm (something along the lines of the Beretta Storm) but most people tend to think it will be a .223\5.56?

5.56 and will take standard USGI mags  
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:20:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Gaston "confirmed the rumor" in February 2004, at the SHOT Show Glock Party.

He made a public statement promising that there is a "Glock Carbine" and it will be shown at the 2006 SHOT Show . . . which is February 9, 2006
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:41:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

J

dude, i have to change my pants.  Sweeeeeet.

Ditching my AR if this comes true.  I'll be all glock baby!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:33:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

J

Booooo!!!!

Oh well, I guess I'll wait and see but it better be one hell of a carbine and at one incredible price for it to spark my interest. That said, I do understand it's not "people like me" they are targeting.

Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:57:15 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

J

Booooo!!!!

Oh well, I guess I'll wait and see but it better be one hell of a carbine and at one incredible price for it to spark my interest. That said, I do understand it's not "people like me" they are targeting.

Thanks for the info

While I was hoping for a 9mm carbine that accepted the 31 round G18 mags IF they can solve a lot of the AR issues it might just be a winner.  I'm not holding my breath and I'm reserving all judgement for a later date
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:31:23 PM EDT
[#16]
The point is they're probably targeting the police market with the carbine as it probably will have the same glock safe action trigger that 70% of cops are used to.

The current trend in policing is away from shotguns and pistol caliber carbines to 223 carbines for several reasons:

-Less chance of overpenetration
-higher lethality (than pistol calibers)
-Ability to penetrate armor
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:20:42 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't know if you're joking or not about the carbine being 5.56cal, but it is the most likely candidate with the 9mm coming in a close second.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:18:31 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I don't know if you're joking or not about the carbine being 5.56cal, but it is the most likely candidate with the 9mm coming in a close second.

No, I'm not joking and I was quite surprised to find out that it wasn't going to be a 9mm.  What am I going to do with all of these G18 mags now

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:21:57 AM EDT
[#19]
I would guess they (Glock) are keeping the design pretty much under wraps ?
A hint as to what it would look like would be nice. But I'm sure that won't happen.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:24:31 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
A hint as to what it would look like would be nice. But I'm sure that won't happen.

Hey man, where have you been?  Long time no see!  I've heard some speculation that it might be a sort of bullpup design but no one knows for sure.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:34:00 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey man, where have you been?  Long time no see!  I've heard some speculation that it might be a sort of bullpup design but no one knows for sure.

Well, That might be interesting.
Guess we'll all have to wait for the shot show unless something leaks out.
Either way I hope they take their time with it and come out with something worth while.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:51:25 AM EDT
[#22]
I hope they offer two flavors--

"M1 carbine"  or "SU-16" style for restricted states (CA) where we already have our AR mags...

And with a pistol grip for the rest of youse guys.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 12:22:11 PM EDT
[#23]
bullpup would suck.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 1:47:33 AM EDT
[#24]
no, no, no...Bullpup would REALLY suck.  

Hopefully its 9mm.  If not I pray that it uses AR mags'.  And is better looking than that planet of the apes looking Beretta storm!
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:41:27 AM EDT
[#25]
bulpup wouldn't neccecarily suck if it was a forward ejector like the FN, but i want a weapon you can switch shoulders with without having to disassemble the gun.  Not just for pieing corners, but if i go down i want my alternate handed buddy to be able to pick it up and stay in the fight.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:20:38 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
bullpup would suck.

+1 I would like to see it in 10mm or .45 but .223 or 9mm would work however it would have to be something completely outstanding if it is a bull pup and under $800.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:47:55 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, I'm not joking and I was quite surprised to find out that it wasn't going to be a 9mm.  What am I going to do with all of these G18 mags now

Use them on a Glock pistol for that evil machine pistol look. You can't do that reliably on a Beretta, USP, Springfield, Browning, Taurus, etc...
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:02:53 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
bullpup would suck.

+1 I would like to see it in 10mm or .45 but .223 or 9mm would work however it would have to be something completely outstanding if it is a bull pup and under $800.

Forward ejection would save it if it was a bullpup.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:54:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Yeah right....I'll believe it when I see it.  By the time Glock gets around with a 'safe-action carbine', Hillary will be president and her first executive order will ban it.

Think about it.  Did they even participate or submit a gun in the M4 replacement trials?  If you were serious about a carbine, why wouldn't you shoot for holy grail and get a military contract?

You don't make a ton of money on police sales with all the trade in sales, so if you wanted to make a lot of money you attempt to get the military contract.  Since Glock didn't even participate, what makes you think they are serious about a carbine?  
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:56:55 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Yeah right....I'll believe it when I see it.  By the time Glock gets around with a 'safe-action carbine', Hillary will be president and her first executive order will ban it.

Think about it.  Did they even participate or submit a gun in the M4 replacement trials?  If you were serious about a carbine, why wouldn't you shoot for holy grail and get a military contract?

You don't make a ton of money on police sales with all the trade in sales, so if you wanted to make a lot of money you attempt to get the military contract.  Since Glock didn't even participate, what makes you think they are serious about a carbine?  

Thats how you KNOW they are serious about it.  If it's not ready for production yet and they didn't rush it , then that's a good sign.  If Glock was just about money, they wouldnt have such good firearms.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:19:55 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I believe your reasoning is off.

First off, everything I've read states that Glock's main focus for this carbine is LEO community, not Military. Apparently Glock has been doing very well without any US Military contracts by focusing on the LEO community so why change now?

Secondly (and probably more relevant) is, the Military sent out very specific specifications as to what they are looking for. I would be willing to bet that the Glock design does not meet at least one or more of these specs. Assuming that is the case, why would they submit it?

Note that, not meeting the all of the specification does not mean there is anything wrong with the Glock carbine design, just that their design does not meet what the military is looking for. Glock has reportedly been soliciting input from different LEO agencies as to what they want to see (not the military) and LEO requirements\desires probably vary significantly from what the military deems important.

One other assumption is that the Glock carbine is even ready to be released for such a test? While I'm sure (if it's going to be release during the '06 SHOT show) that is exists in some form already and is being tested, it very likely IMO that it may not be ready for military trials just yet.

As far as the Hillary in '08 comment... I'm not sure why everybody acts like she is a shoe-in? I seem to have a different opinion on that as well. My prediction? IF she even runs in '08, I do not see her winning. The Republicans would have to put up one REALLY lame candidate (worse then Bush if that's possible?) for her to overcome the obstacle of becoming the first woman president considering there are probably more people who hate her then there are that love her.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:56:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Tag... just in case someone actually posts something that actually indicates this might become a reality.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:33:16 AM EDT
[#33]
I'm just very pessimistic about a Glock carbine because the rumors have been out there for years and we have never even seen a prototype.  Who knows, maybe they will come out with a new 45 GAP carbine?  

I'm not sure I would agree that there is a significant difference between military needs and LEO needs.  Yes, the military has sent out some weird specs - the offensive handgun crap - but the specs for the M4 replacement were pretty wide open.  At any rate, a military spec'd weapon would be on any LEOs 'take a look and see' list since it passed some rigorous testing.  I just can't see the disadvantage at taking a shot at and potentially winning a military contract?  

Hillary comment only b/c it is my worst fear.  She has the Dems nomination for her taking and that alone gives her a 50/50 shot.  Other than McCain or Julianni (sp?) and maybe Romney she has a pretty good chance of winnning.  Yes, we will win the popular vote, but loose the electoral vote.  Tack the thread you heard it here first.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:18:19 AM EDT
[#34]
I just bought a Kel-Tec 9mm folding carbine that takes Glock magazines.  This is a clever design, but I sure do wish it had the high-caliber enineering of Mr. Glock and the finish that Glock pistols enjoy.  

I have a sinking feeling that this is as close to a 9mm Glock carbine as I will ever get, but look forward to playing with it (with all those Glock 18 magazines), as funky as the Kel-Tec is.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:34:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Talked to a Glock Factory Rep today and brought up the Carbine

Him: "Mr. Glock is keeping an information pretty close to the vest"

Me:  "He did make the annoincement about there being a Carbine and that it would be shown at the 2006 SHOT Show"

Him:  "Yeh, he did.  I was there and heard it too.  Kinda took me by surprise."

I mention the quote in the Glock magazine

Him: "Yeh, he did say that.  Kinda took me by surprise again."

Bottom line, We'll see
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:19:37 PM EDT
[#36]
I wanna see one! I wanna see one!! I wanna see one!!!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:53:10 PM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:12:31 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I'm just very pessimistic about a Glock carbine because the rumors have been out there for years and we have never even seen a prototype.  Who knows, maybe they will come out with a new 45 GAP carbine?  

I'm not sure I would agree that there is a significant difference between military needs and LEO needs.  Yes, the military has sent out some weird specs - the offensive handgun crap - but the specs for the M4 replacement were pretty wide open.  At any rate, a military spec'd weapon would be on any LEOs 'take a look and see' list since it passed some rigorous testing.  I just can't see the disadvantage at taking a shot at and potentially winning a military contract?

Glock doesn't have a military contract for their handguns, but they own 70% of the LE market.  I think glock could care less about the military.

One reason why you man not have seen a glock carbine was due to the AWB.  Now that it's gone glock doesn't have to make 2 versions of the rifle for two markets.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:25:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:32:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Those Mech tec carbines are really heavy.  I was looking forward to them when they came out, but passed when I actually handled one.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:25:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Still waiting for pics...
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:32:24 AM EDT
[#42]
Someone please tell me this is strictly an olympic deal and has nothing to do with what we might expect from Glock.

http://www.olyarms.com/?page=m1_glock_lowers#
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:57:23 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Someone please tell me this is strictly an olympic deal Yes and has nothing to do with what we might expect from Glock. Correct

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:06:40 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Someone please tell me this is strictly an olympic deal and has nothing to do with what we might expect from Glock.

Yes, unfortunately nobody else has done this yet. I really wish another company would make and sell just the lowers, improve the fugly mag release, and sell them on here.

I also wish people would stop posting on this thread. Everytime it jumps back to the top of my active topics I think "Oooh... someone has a picture or news about a real Glock carbine." and then I come in and see jibber jabber.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:12:58 AM EDT
[#45]
jibber jabber

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:42:42 AM EDT
[#46]
*sigh*, tag...
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:35:24 PM EDT
[#47]

I shot a Full auto glock with the above stock. Ohhh was it sweet!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:49:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:43:46 PM EDT
[#49]
nice photochop
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:46:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Yall didn't get yours yet??  

ETA:  Mine is even the green frame!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top