Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:48:42 AM EDT
[#1]
The last picture here in this post that I quoted shows the proper direction. Not sure if anyone has posted this yet. BUT!!!!!

Link to the url of the picture. You can see the shiny piece of metal just behind the extractor.
https://i.imgur.com/M1YC8VQ.jpg

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well shit.....

I just looked at mine.

Does anyone else's have both of these lines, in these spots?

ETA:  seems they must be factory I see them in pictures posted online.

https://i.imgur.com/wQ5nA87.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/M1YC8VQ.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 7:35:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 9:01:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
EVERYBODY especially Military Arms.

Look every carefully at this picture. Do you see the spring with the black plastic tip attached to it sticking out of the area where the extractor used to be.

That is wrong.

Metal to metal Plastic TO plastic. The ejector spring and plunger assembly was installed backwards in this gun. Glocks will still run like this but will lead to problems and if you have a gun on the "Ragged Edge" it will cause issues.

This 44 was assembled wrong. Did it cause, influence or add in to the cause of the kaboom Unknown.
View Quote
This has been discussed....The Owner of that pic said that the guts fell out and he just put them back in a random fashion as to not lose them. While it's possible, not likely based on what he said had occurred after the gun stopped.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 12:01:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Metalurgical?  It's plastic.
View Quote
Whoa! I wasn’t aware of that.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 8:02:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Look every carefully at this picture. Do you see the spring with the black plastic tip attached to it sticking out of the area where the extractor used to be.
View Quote
Yes, however two other guns blew out their extractors that weren't improperly assembled.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 8:10:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I believe the OP stated the spring came all the way out and he just put it back in there for the picture. I doubt the spring was installed backwards from the factory.

That won't keep several, from again, regaling us with the glorious exploits of the tarus tx-22.......in the Glock forum
View Quote
This makes more sense. Most people don't buy a gun, tear the slide all the way down for no reason, then assemble it incorrectly. When the extractor blew out of this gun you can see the entire spring assembly went out with the extractor.

Link Posted: 2/7/2020 9:22:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yes, however two other guns blew out their extractors that weren't improperly assembled.
View Quote
Are we sure?  Can it be assembled incorrectly?  Can Austrians screw up installing an extractor as badly as they screwed up Europe?
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 11:00:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Are we sure?  Can it be assembled incorrectly?  Can Austrians screw up installing an extractor as badly as they screwed up Europe?
View Quote
Well, with the guy saying it flew out when the gun blew out the extractor and he just stuck it back in there for the pic, it's hard to say. It's not impossible. One guy said his G44 came with no rear sight installed. That's a major WTF. If you test fire every firearm, like you should, you would think this would be a glaring omission. But, as I've said before, it wouldn't be the first time the U.S. operations of a European company trashed the name through shoddy workmanship, QC, or some other factor.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 11:17:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hi MAC,

I took that photo, and that is my G44, the Extractor Depressor Plunger Assembly was still in my slide after I lost the extractor, I just removed it for the photo to get a clear picture of the extractor cut in the slide, and the slight gouges in the polymer from the extractor slipping out.

Currently my G44 is at Glock and i'm waiting to hear back.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 11:41:28 PM EDT
[#10]
These things are made in GA right. Or Assembled in GA.  Well still glad I haven't bought one.

Also funny the extractor cut and extractor are not at an angle. 90 degrees off to the side.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:25:45 AM EDT
[#11]
I had an almost identical kaboom with my ruger 22/45. I felt hot brass and powder pepper my face and the cartridge was virtually gone. Swept all the brass residue out of the chamber and kept shooting. A good lesson to wear eye pro when shooting, especially when shooting cheap bulk .22
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:03:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Hi MAC,

I took that photo, and that is my G44, the Extractor Depressor Plunger Assembly was still in my slide after I lost the extractor, I just removed it for the photo to get a clear picture of the extractor cut in the slide, and the slight gouges in the polymer from the extractor slipping out.

Currently my G44 is at Glock and i'm waiting to hear back.
View Quote
Hey Overlord44,

Thanks for the info. Let us know how long the process takes.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 6:06:34 PM EDT
[#13]
I finally got a chance to try my new G44. I put about 60 rounds through it and didn't have any boom issues

I did have a couple failures to feed with the CCI Blazer but the Federal ran fine.

Ammo used.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 8:08:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Read the OP’s good Glock service atta boy and product endorsement.  Good on him.

Came to a different conclusion entirely.

As I see the overall problem with just wanting a fun worry free plinker and being a 25 year plus Glock devotee and comparing a couple options, I made a different choice.   The Taurus TX22s I have looked at over the last year, twice, were not bought because of chatter marked lands and grooves that would lead up barrels.  Glock’s baulky feeding mags are blowing apart plastic slides in the G44.  Besides just shoot the Glock .22LR AA Kits forever, what is a Glock shooter to do?

Wandered off to the LGS that I knew had a new batch of TX22s come in Friday.  And G44s in stock.

Looked at the G44.  Crappy trigger even for a Glock, cheap feeling and looking, over priced and over advertised, in my opinion, for the troubles they are having with magazines not feeding and OOB KaBooms and broken plastic slides.

Looked at a stockroom TX22.  Nice fellow pulled a new one, cleaned barrel to dry metal for me, brought a bore light.  Grooves reflecting like a smooth mirror.  Lands dark, but nearly smooth.  Took my own looking glass.  The rest of the TX22 felt like what Perfection should be in my hand.  Slide stop, safety, mag release, trigger pull all worked and perfect.  WOW is that a nice trigger.  Take up, then dry fire click with under 5#.  Ergonomically fantastic instead of my favorite 2x4 feel.

Guess which came home with me?

Dark was coming soon when I got home.  Stripped the TX22,  cleaned, bore snaked the barrel, oiled and lubed Glock type places.  Cycled slide 200 times, but no dry firing.  Re-assembled.  Odd takedown, but simple.  Went outside.

Fired one mag of CCI MiniMag 40RN = 16/16 to slide lock.
Fired one mag of CCI Blazer 40RN = 16/16 to slide lock.

Too dark to shoot the other two spare mags I bought.  Quit.

Grooves still shinny and lands look the same.  No leading.  If it runs outta the box, it will run thereafter.  Dirt simple breeching system and the magazine to chamber cartridge feedway in the TX22.  Does not need super grease on striker tang.  With lube, the trigger was like soft butter.

I shoot Glocks.  But not always.  I call it voting with my pocket book. Half the price and a hell of a lot nicer product.

LSA
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 10:13:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Held a TX22 Sat. Felt real nice. Safety was nice. Trigger was better than the Glock 44 they had on Display/Range Use only.

I am really comtemplating getting a TX22.

Owner said the TX22 is sitting. BUT the Glock 44 they are getting a ton of calls pissed off because its not feeding right.

I still want a Glock Gen 5 34 or 17l if they would make one. BUT I am passing on the 44. Sad too. BUT Glock will sell the hell out of the 44 not doubt.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:04:28 PM EDT
[#16]
About the only complaints I've seen about them are the occasional improperly cut barrels. This is something easily checked at the store, as you obviously did.

I don't have to be particular in how I load the magazines of my TX-22. I don't have to worry about lighter bullet weights. I don't have to wait a few more months while Glock figures out how to make a reliable 15 round magazine since Taurus figured it out some time ago. That, and you have a threaded barrel that doesn't cost you another $190.

I would say you picked a dandy. I know I'm happy with mine. I got a rare bird as mine has a FDE slide and black frame. It may have been a special for a distributor. When I check RSR I don't see this color scheme as being an option, just the black slide and FDE frame.

Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:31:57 PM EDT
[#17]
For true.  I looked hard.  I took a photo of a bad barrel interior and said sell me one that looks smooth and nice.  If its like the photo, don't even bring it out.

They were nice salesmen.

The TX22 was barely more money $ with the threaded barrel standard including the adapter

than the cost of a G44 spare threaded barrel alone.

Either Glock has some serious unknown costs in threading a half inch length of .22" pipe or they figure selling a spare barrel is doubling the profit margin.  Wonder which?

Link Posted: 2/10/2020 1:50:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Acquired my G44 day of release, that evening ran a brick of federal 36gr hp bulk pack through it and had 3-4 malfunctions which seemed related to the magazines.  I took the pistol home stripped, cleaned and lubed with slip2000 and proceeded to shoot approx. 2000rds of assorted in 1 day no problems once I figured out that when loading the mags give them a good smack on the back of the mag in your palm a couple of times which seems to correct the rounds dipping at full capacity.

Went out with a friend on our second outing with the g44 and fired another 2000 assorted rds including bulkpack along with some higher quality cci mini mags 36gr and 40gr, stingers, and some armscor, zero malfunctions related to the pistol, did have a couple dud rounds with the bulk pack ammo, winchester being the worst.

Just did our 3rd outing and now have over 6,000 rds on the G44 with ZERO cleaning after the first brick and after reading and seeing what some of the others are stating am feeling extremely lucky that I may have gotten a solid pistol, my biggest complaint is that it consistently shoots between 2-4 inches high at 15-20yds with most ammo except remington golden bullets or the cci minimag 40gr.

I am going for 10,000 rds on this G44 within the next month so I will update what I find out, and  I will also only be lubricating the pistol with slip2000 ewl during this period and will not be cleaning the pistol till I reach the 10,000 rd mark, but as stated will lubricate between shooting sessions.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 2:10:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Had a kB in my ruger.. cleared the brass and kept shooting
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 11:15:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Had a kB in my ruger.. cleared the brass and kept shooting
View Quote
Rimfire can do that. Given the entire outer rim, if struck, can ignite the round. A failure to feed can result in an out of battery detonation. That's always been the problem with the tiny, straight walled, rim fired cartridge in auto-loaders. Like you, I've had mini-kabooms in the past with steel/aluminum constructed guns. I cleared the wreckage from inside the chamber, reloaded and kept shooting. When the G44 has this issue, it can damage the polymer components of the slide.

This malfunction with my G44 could have ended badly for me and the slide.

Link Posted: 2/10/2020 12:34:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Somewhere in this set of Glock 44 threads, two guys were showing their high breech face dents in the plastic in two photos.

After seeing the stove pipe just before here, the dents in the plastic above the metal breech face were horizontal rim depressions.

This type high rim stove pipe photo problem is where those horizontal dished rim shaped dents in their pictures are from.

The rim is trapped between breechface and the barrel metal rear parts.  And smashed hard enough to dent the plastic.

When one of those lets go KaBoom, someone will get hurt.

Damn if I can find the photos.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 4:00:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Has anyone addressed this ...

Glock 44 auto-fires three rounds upon RELEASING the trigger ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqckaJjzAEQ
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 4:25:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well, that's concerning. That's the first I've heard of that malfunction.

Here's the video, just embedded.

Link Posted: 2/10/2020 4:30:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Really hoping Glock their act together with the G44 as I want one.

Side note @MilitaryArms, any plan to do a review on the Kel-tec P17?
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 4:31:04 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm trying to picture it in the hands of a six-year old.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 4:38:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Really hoping Glock their act together with the G44 as I want one.

Side note @MilitaryArms, any plan to do a review on the Kel-tec P17?
View Quote
I will get around to it for sure.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 8:24:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Well, that's concerning. That's the first I've heard of that malfunction.

Here's the video, just embedded.

View Quote
Guarantee that is an aftermarket connector causing that.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 11:42:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Somewhere in this set of Glock 44 threads, two guys were showing their high breech face dents in the plastic in two photos.

After seeing the stove pipe just before here, the dents in the plastic above the metal breech face were horizontal rim depressions.

This type high rim stove pipe photo problem is where those horizontal dished rim shaped dents in their pictures are from.

The rim is trapped between breechface and the barrel metal rear parts.  And smashed hard enough to dent the plastic.

When one of those lets go KaBoom, someone will get hurt.

Damn if I can find the photos.
View Quote
I'm one of those who posted pics...have never had a stovepipe in mine. Only issue I have had with feeding were a couple of HP not chambering due to nosedive on first round. And some FTE due to weak ammo, and most of those were rechambering of the fired case. No stovepipe. My little dent does not seem to affect function, and doesn't seem to be getting any worse. For all I know it could have been there from the start, only reason I took a pic of mine was because the other poster posted a pic of his.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 10:17:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Glock 44 auto-fires three rounds upon RELEASING the trigger ...

View Quote
They're gonna sell a lot of em now.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 12:18:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Mine has been very reliable with almost all bulk pack ammo. The CCI Mini AR blue box stuff ammo seems to be the most consistent and noticeably hotter than other 22lr I shoot.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 8:12:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Read the OP’s good Glock service atta boy and product endorsement.  Good on him.

As I see the overall problem with just wanting a fun worry free plinker and being a 25 year plus Glock devotee and comparing a couple options, I made a different choice.   The Taurus TX22s I have looked at over the last year, twice, were not bought because of chatter marked lands and grooves that would lead up barrels.  Glock’s baulky feeding mags are blowing apart plastic slides in the G44.  Besides just shoot the Glock .22LR AA Kits forever, what is a Glock shooter to do?

Wandered off to the LGS that I knew had a new batch of TX22s come in Friday.  And G44s in stock.

Looked at the G44.  Crappy trigger even for a Glock, cheap feeling and looking, over priced and over advertised, in my opinion, for the troubles they are having with magazines not feeding and OOB KaBooms and broken plastic slides.

Looked at a stockroom TX22.  Nice fellow pulled a new one, cleaned barrel to dry metal for me, brought a bore light.  Grooves reflecting like a smooth mirror.  Lands dark, but nearly smooth.  Took my own looking glass.  The rest of the TX22 felt like what Perfection should be in my hand.  Slide stop, safety, mag release, trigger pull all worked and perfect.  WOW is that a nice trigger.  Take up, then dry fire click with under 5#.  Ergonomically fantastic instead of my favorite 2x4 feel.

https://i.postimg.cc/C567Qt74/C0061-DC9-FF76-4-DE1-85-AB-63-B78-A6-A43-C9.jpg

Dark was coming soon when I got home.  Stripped the TX22,  cleaned, bore snaked the barrel, oiled and lubed Glock type places.  Cycled slide 200 times, but no dry firing.  Re-assembled.  Odd takedown, but simple.  Went outside.

Grooves still shinny and lands look the same.  No leading.  If it runs outta the box, it will run thereafter.  Dirt simple breeching system and the magazine to chamber cartridge feedway in the TX22.  Does not need super grease on striker tang.  With lube, the trigger was like soft butter.

I shoot Glocks.  But not always.  I call it voting with my pocket book. Half the price and a hell of a lot nicer product.

LSA
View Quote
Vote with pocketbook is where I'm at. The G44 disgusts me
the way Glock has priced it in North America.  
Hard pass for me.

I'm "heavily" invested in Glock pistols. That ends with G44.
No more fanboy when it comes to G44. I think it's time for
me to thin down the Glock herd to clear some space for their
competitors. And I've have never sold a gun I've purchased
or inherited. That's gonna change.

I think I'll buy my first Taurus. The TX22 grabbed my attention awhile back
and I've been sitting on the sidelines No more LOL.
ETA @LampShadeActual
ETA2: I'm also sitting on (4) Glock certificates
I was waiting to use. LOL
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 9:05:01 PM EDT
[#32]
NTXG,

Honest eval of TX22.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/TX22-Re-Titled-Purchased-and-Shot/26-193143/

ONLY buy one if you can inspect the barrel first. They are still shipping questionable barrels with no hope soon of a back ordered replacement for free.

I looked at them more than once over the last year.  Horrid barrels.  Did not buy.  Last summer’s Rebate is BS on leading barrel.

LGS manager I know pulled this one on Monday from a shipment received direct Taurus on Friday.  We decided it was nice.  Bought it and two spare mags, same shipment.

The cheapest order shipped to your FFL won’t work.  See it first at the store.

LSA

(Its not Glock in general.  Its this silly G44.  Keep your Glocks.)
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 11:27:35 PM EDT
[#33]
You know this is a Glock 44 thread... right?? and there is a thread on the TX22 in the Taurus section of handguns....
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 5:51:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Mine has the exact same marks as yours. Looks like they come from the polymer injection mold itself. Until they replace the mold they should be on all G44 frames that are produced in that particular mold.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 7:39:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
You know this is a Glock 44 thread... right?? and there is a thread on the TX22 in the Taurus section of handguns....
View Quote
Genuinely pizzed off Glockers having been fed too much Austrian advertising BS sometimes vote with their pocketbook.

Besides, I was answering the post above me.

The G44 problem is not that sometimes they OOB or regularly magazine misfeed, but that when the combination of screw ups causes KaBooms, the guns destroy themselves in various ways.  That is not right.  Never stand on the right side of one firing.

A kazillion posts hypothecating on the same few photographed KaBooms gets sorta boring anyhow.  This one is beat to death.

However, I like the video of the new G18/44 going full auto.  That story I would like to know.  Hard on the overhead lighting.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 8:50:04 AM EDT
[#36]
So now Glock is using buyers of their Glock 44
as R&D test monkeys.

Guess it worked for Sig.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 11:58:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I wish I could say things were improving, but it seems the more I shoot it the more problems I have. I've found that once the gun has a round in the chamber using Remington 36gr bulk pack ammo it would usually fire and cycle about 98% of the time. Where I seem to be having increasingly frequent problems is with the magazines. Here's an edited video of how my day went while continuing my testing with Remington bulk pack "Golden bullets".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDJwcR5ViMs

I can't say I'm impressed with the gun at this point. This is the type of behavior I expected from my Taurus TX-22, not my "3 years in development gun that fired over 1.2 million rounds of 141 different .22LR loads" Glock 44. I understand not everyone is having these issues, but I also know I'm far from being alone. Oh, and my TX-22 runs all of the ammo I've been using in the G44 without any issues except for I believe one failure to fire (ammo problem).

I've fired 40gr Federal bulk pack, 38gr Federal bulk pack, 36gr Federal bulk pack, 40gr CCI Mini-Mags and 36gr Remington bulk pack. I had 60 trouble free rounds in a row using the 40gr Federal on my first range day. With all the other ammo I've fired I've encountered malfunctions at least every 20 rounds, usually multiple times per 20 rounds. Most of those I can attribute to the magazines. However, I've had a fair number of failures to extract and classic stove pipes too.

The more I shoot my G44 the more I regret having spent $70 on 3 extra mags and $194 on a threaded barrel that have yet to arrive in the mail. I'm darn near $650 into this gun that's having all sorts of issues with a wide variety of ammo when my $209 TX-22 came with a threaded barrel and runs flawlessly. I can't seem to find spare magazines for it though and that's probably because the gun works so well it's popular which means it could be months before I find spare mags for the little Brazilian Bruiser.
View Quote
Send it back on RMA then, Jesus....

You evidentially got a bad G44, I'm sure someone of your YouTube stature has a little edge on contacting Glock to discuss the issues. But as of right now you keep conveying the point that YOUR G44 is garbage. Well and two of your friends...

You guys are but a miniscule fraction of all the otherwise functional G44s out there. Pessimism is prevailing here and making it seem like this is a pandemic.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 11:43:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Might just be my observation but it seems like after a few rounds more guns are working than having problems.

Maybe some people just have bad luck.

But honestly I feel like so many people hated on Glock for making a .22 that they just want it to fail and make it seem like a failure of a product.

Mine might blow up tomorrow but as it stands right now it’s running good and I’m enjoying it.
View Quote
Right on, ditto.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 11:51:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Mine has been very reliable with almost all bulk pack ammo. The CCI Mini AR blue box stuff ammo seems to be the most consistent and noticeably hotter than other 22lr I shoot.
View Quote
I concur with AKDoc on the CCI Mini AR blue box stuff. Mine does not have any "mold marks" on the slide.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:08:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I just put 525rds of the Fed 36gr plated hollow points thru my G44 today. Along with with another 50 Wolf 40gr match, and 50 CCI mini-mags.

The Wolf had 4 failure to fire on first strike, reloaded in mag and they went off. This is my prefered .22lr bolt gun ammo.

CCI mini-mags and the Federal both ran well, as long as I made damn sure the top round was positioned correctly in the mag, otherwise I would get FTF's like pictured below.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/77315/20200202_104740_jpg-1259926.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/77315/20200202_103001_jpg-1259930.JPG

I personally feel it is a mag issue at this point.
The gun, like all .22lr guns in my experience, needs to be fed on the ammo it likes best and the owner/shooter just needs to stick with that brand/type.

Another observation I made today, was the Wolf match ammo seemed to seat in the mag correctly everytime it was loaded. I didn't have to fiddle with the top round like I did the CCI or Federal.
Wolf
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/77315/20200202_111911_jpg-1259985.JPG
CCI and Federal
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/77315/20200202_105420_jpg-1259987.JPG
View Quote
Literally looks like your follower is tilting. Any way you can confirm my theory?
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:32:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Have the same type of mark, but no issues with FTE using ammo it likes: Federal 40gr AutoMatch Solids. Had one FTE today with some Winchester 36gr HP bulk ammo.

Honestly, you'll need to strip that slide down and clean the crap out from around, and under the extractor. Looks really filthy. Mine didn't look like that today even after shooting a few hundred rounds with nothing more then a bore snake about every hundred rounds. Pretty easy to strip the slide down, lots of YouTube videos on in...doesn't matter if it's for a centerfire, it's all the same. A toothbrush and a little CLP, then clean cloth should clean it up good.

ETA: mine looks to be further up on the face.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/118528/20200202_191950_jpg-1260853.JPG
View Quote
His is just dirty, mine is filthy (and continues to chug along)...

Link Posted: 2/15/2020 8:54:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

https://i.postimg.cc/C567Qt74/C0061-DC9-FF76-4-DE1-85-AB-63-B78-A6-A43-C9.jpg

LSA
View Quote
On another note, I can't fathom what it would be like to purchase AND use your firearm in a given day. Here in IL, we have a 72hr hold. You know....because we need to "cool down."
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 8:57:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Acquired my G44 day of release, that evening ran a brick of federal 36gr hp bulk pack through it and had 3-4 malfunctions which seemed related to the magazines.  I took the pistol home stripped, cleaned and lubed with slip2000 and proceeded to shoot approx. 2000rds of assorted in 1 day no problems once I figured out that when loading the mags give them a good smack on the back of the mag in your palm a couple of times which seems to correct the rounds dipping at full capacity.

Went out with a friend on our second outing with the g44 and fired another 2000 assorted rds including bulkpack along with some higher quality cci mini mags 36gr and 40gr, stingers, and some armscor, zero malfunctions related to the pistol, did have a couple dud rounds with the bulk pack ammo, winchester being the worst.

Just did our 3rd outing and now have over 6,000 rds on the G44 with ZERO cleaning after the first brick and after reading and seeing what some of the others are stating am feeling extremely lucky that I may have gotten a solid pistol, my biggest complaint is that it consistently shoots between 2-4 inches high at 15-20yds with most ammo except remington golden bullets or the cci minimag 40gr.

I am going for 10,000 rds on this G44 within the next month so I will update what I find out, and  I will also only be lubricating the pistol with slip2000 ewl during this period and will not be cleaning the pistol till I reach the 10,000 rd mark, but as stated will lubricate between shooting sessions.
View Quote
Post photos of your progress to 10k rounds with no cleaning. I'm doing something quite similar but my numbers are 'rookie numbers' compared to yours, lol. ~1200 rounds as of right now without cleaning or lube.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 9:46:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I concur with AKDoc on the CCI Mini AR blue box stuff. Mine does not have any "mold marks" on the slide.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks, y'all. I didn't really need another case of the AR Tactical, but you just made me order some. Probably my favorite 22LR ammo.

https://buygunstuff.com/catalog/product/view/id/3106

$17.59/box x 10 boxes + $10 shipping = $185.90 delivered in case anyone else needs some.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 5:02:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Thanks, y'all. I didn't really need another case of the AR Tactical, but you just made me order some. Probably my favorite 22LR ammo.

https://buygunstuff.com/catalog/product/view/id/3106

$17.59/box x 10 boxes + $10 shipping = $185.90 delivered in case anyone else needs some.
View Quote
What's the difference between this and Mini-Mag? Other than velocity, looks the same.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 5:33:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

What's the difference between this and Mini-Mag? Other than velocity, looks the same.
View Quote
That's the same 300 rd box I ran thru mine... Not sure why it says AR tactical, I'm guessing marketed for AR dedicated .22's like the S&W.

Had no lube built up and the G44 ran thru it without a hiccup. The put 100 rds in those plastic screens and then place 3 sets in a box. I bought it at my local Scheels when I picked up the gun.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 9:14:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Any real info updates???  Glock says?  Store says?

(Besides dirty gun photos).
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 11:19:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
Dirty gun photos? Funny. I mean, so sorry, I have a particular firearm so many seem to be complaining about in terms of function, and God forbid I test my own G44 function under no cleaning or lubrication...but I digress...

Here's your answer though, let me help you out. It starts with: disappear out of the Glock forum because you don't apply. If you aren't going to pay up (and use a G44), then well....I'm sure you can figure out the rest. I don't typically don't trust anyone who takes others' word for it versus have in hand personal experience. All I've seen you do is regurgitate what other members have said.

I also find it hysterical @MilitaryArms came in with his G44 experiencing all of those issues, then disappears. He kind of blames the ammunition but insinuates the firearm itself, up to and including the magazine. And within that same time frame we see him do a 'lets make everybody happy video / revisit / G44 compared to TX22 on same ammo' video. Keyword, TX22. We get it, it runs well. However to be a fair reviewer, why not try another G44 or return the one you have? Did he try any further experimenting? I'm doing to assume (and assumptions are wrong), NO. I would expect to see continued results if he did, which leads me to believe he's written off the G44....with no other basis to go off of.

As I've noted in the "New Glock 44 .22LR" thread, I've had good results with one lot of this/that, only to experience issues with an entirely different lot I received at a later date. It is purely ammunition related.  And this isn't a, "well the G44 was supposed to run all ammunition types as they advertised" counter argument. Or rather that doesn't hold ground, because the huge variety of ammunition does function within the G44, it's the quality assurance @ the manufacturing side of things that is affecting function. In terms of why does a TX22 run what a G44 doesn't? More testing of same lots/same guns, different lots/different guns, and all the in between needs to happen before a final conclusion can come about. As I said, I've had a lot of Remington Thunderbolt that was loaded like it was on fire, with no malfunctions within that brick....only to get a whole new lot...and experience weak lots and a malfunction or two here or there. But if I were to guess, it would be the TX22 spring to have a bit less tensile strength.

The failure to feed I experienced today was ammunition related. The bullet itself (on later inspection) was misshaped/oblong one one side and caused the round to feed at a higher angle into the loaded round indicator columns. So out of almost 4k round minus cleaning or adding lube....that's the only failure to feed? Which as SAS noted is ammunition related, through his testing? But yeah....why mention any of that information, I should just trash the G44 as everyone else.

Your other answer, he's shilling for Taurus under the table.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 10:56:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Disregard. I should know better than to engage with trolls. My bad.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 2:37:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Dirty gun photos? Funny. I mean, so sorry, I have a particular firearm so many seem to be complaining about in terms of function, and God forbid I test my own G44 function under no cleaning or lubrication...but I digress...

Here's your answer though, let me help you out. It starts with: disappear out of the Glock forum because you don't apply. If you aren't going to pay up (and use a G44), then well....I'm sure you can figure out the rest. I don't typically don't trust anyone who takes others' word for it versus have in hand personal experience. All I've seen you do is regurgitate what other members have said.

I also find it hysterical @MilitaryArms came in with his G44 experiencing all of those issues, then disappears. He kind of blames the ammunition but insinuates the firearm itself, up to and including the magazine. And within that same time frame we see him do a 'lets make everybody happy video / revisit / G44 compared to TX22 on same ammo' video. Keyword, TX22. We get it, it runs well. However to be a fair reviewer, why not try another G44 or return the one you have? Did he try any further experimenting? I'm doing to assume (and assumptions are wrong), NO. I would expect to see continued results if he did, which leads me to believe he's written off the G44....with no other basis to go off of.

As I've noted in the "New Glock 44 .22LR" thread, I've had good results with one lot of this/that, only to experience issues with an entirely different lot I received at a later date. It is purely ammunition related.  And this isn't a, "well the G44 was supposed to run all ammunition types as they advertised" counter argument. Or rather that doesn't hold ground, because the huge variety of ammunition does function within the G44, it's the quality assurance @ the manufacturing side of things that is affecting function. In terms of why does a TX22 run what a G44 doesn't? More testing of same lots/same guns, different lots/different guns, and all the in between needs to happen before a final conclusion can come about. As I said, I've had a lot of Remington Thunderbolt that was loaded like it was on fire, with no malfunctions within that brick....only to get a whole new lot...and experience weak lots and a malfunction or two here or there. But if I were to guess, it would be the TX22 spring to have a bit less tensile strength.

The failure to feed I experienced today was ammunition related. The bullet itself (on later inspection) was misshaped/oblong one one side and caused the round to feed at a higher angle into the loaded round indicator columns. So out of almost 4k round minus cleaning or adding lube....that's the only failure to feed? Which as SAS noted is ammunition related, through his testing? But yeah....why mention any of that information, I should just trash the G44 as everyone else.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand this collection of thoughts quoted above to mean there is no new information from Glock or otherwise.

That was my question.

I have found the Military Arms guy’s opinions to match my experience and it seems he draws reasonable conclusions.  I never heard of him before the Glock threads here.  But so what.   I detect no mis-information.

Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top