Page / 8
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 9:52:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Reportedly Glock shot over 1M rounds during testing

TFBTV G44
View Quote
Here's what I'm curious about. James shot the G44 in Austria, so it stands to reason they are also making them for the European market in Austria. The guns we're having problems with here in the US are made here in the US. Could there be a problem with the US guns that doesn't exist with the Austrian made guns? Just thinking out loud...
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 9:53:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Was planning on getting one for the kids, but will wait and let the beta testers figure it out.  

Or maybe get a SW MP22 threaded...hmmm...
View Quote
I won't let my kids shoot my G44, not until we get to the bottom of why some of them are going off out of battery. A good friend of mine had his go off out of battery but it didn't damage the gun. That hit a little too close to home, so the boys only get to shoot the 22/45 Ruger for now.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 10:02:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

So I shot the TX22 and G44 side by side today. The TX22 is a better 22 pistol.  And my normal rule is friends don't let friends buy Taurus. Now as a trainer for your other Glock pistols, the G44 is  better than the TX22.

I liked the the G44, but not enough to buy one. The issues need to be resolved along with a higher cap mag, more affordable threaded option, and optic version before I decide to buy one. Until then, I'll keep plinking with the TX22.
View Quote
I never thought I would say this, but I agree. The Taurus TX-22 has been an amazing pistol for me. Not only that, for $220 I got the gun in FDE with a threaded barrel. My damn G44 cost me $379 and I had to pay Brownells $194 for a threaded barrel! WTF Glock? I could have bought another TX-22 for the price of the threaded barrel that should have come with the damn gun for $379.

Do I sound salty?

I really loved the G44 when I handled it at SHOT. I couldn't wait to get home and pick mine up. It's been something of a disappointment. I'm not done with my testing, but I will say the magazine seem to be the source of most of my issues I'm having with my gun.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 11:54:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I won't let my kids shoot my G44, not until we get to the bottom of why some of them are going off out of battery. A good friend of mine had his go off out of battery but it didn't damage the gun. That hit a little too close to home, so the boys only get to shoot the 22/45 Ruger for now.
View Quote
@MilitaryArms - big fan of the channel.

Unfortunately, it cost me a 22/45, Primary Arms micro dot, and a Dead Air Mask.

Sticking to the Advantage Arms kit for the time being for .22 LR Glocks. Couple hundred rounds without issue and can’t see any major reason to drop the coin on the G44 right now.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 1:40:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Picked mine up today. Got it home cleaned it up and put around 300 rounds through it.

40gr CCI copper bullets cycled great.
40gr Remington Golden Bullets worked just fine.
36gr Remington Golden Bullets are a no go. The seeming to be usual cycled a few then FTE or stovepipe.
26gr Winchester Varmint Bullets were on par with 36gr Remington. Weird thing about these were when they did cycle felt recoil was the mildest of everything I put through it even though they have the highest advertised velocity.
40gr Blazer lead bullets ran just fine.

Pretty disappointing you can't just run bulk 36gr.

Kind of think Tim is onto something with AUS 44s compared to what we received on this side of the pond. Hopefully no kabooms in my near future and Glock will address all of the issues coming to the surface.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 2:34:45 AM EDT
[#6]
How fast was Glock at correcting the .40 cal kaboom thing back in the day? And what exactly did they do to fix it?
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 8:58:17 AM EDT
[#7]
I’m really hoping Glock can get to the bottom of this. I really wanted the G44 to be a training alternative to my G19s  right now I’m using an AA conversion on a gen 3 pistol but I’d prefer a dedicated a Glock 22 (44).
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 9:01:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 9:04:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Glad to see MAC back. I thought he was banned?
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 9:14:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 9:39:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Glock 19 bb pistol
View Quote
And it comes with a 15-round magazine.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 11:17:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
In the mean time......  waiting for the G44 fix to come for you.....
View Quote
IMO, that is not the substitute you want. This one is... Umarex Glock 17 Gen4 CO2 Blowback .177 BB Gun

Yes, it is 150% more but you get what you pay for and lets be real, $125 is still cheap for this hobby. Blowback action, field strips like a standard Glock. All the same controls looks, feel, etc. Here is a good video to get a better look at it... Umarex Glock 17 Gen 4 | Full Review & Field Test and here is a good written review... Umarex Glock 17 Gen4 Part 1

I made the argument when the G44 was first announced that there are better options. Obviously there are better .22LR handguns options if you just want a .22 and not necessarily a Glock replica. If you do want a Glock replica to use as a training aid, a quality CO2 gun is just as useful and in someways better.

As a training aid, the G44 and Umarex G17 both suffer from the same issue, the weight and recoil are drastically different then the 9mm versions they are mimicking so in that sense they are equal. They can both be used to practice trigger control, sight alignment, draw from concealment and can be used to run drills so again, equal IMO.

Magazines for the G44 are cheaper so it has a small advantage there but most people say they want the G44 to take advantage of cheap ammo and well, if that's your motivation then hell... even the cheapest .22 round is still 3-4x more expensive per rd then the best BB's. The G44 is G19 sized compared to the Umarex's G17 size so some will prefer that. (There are G19 sized CO2 guns available but they are not as well done as this particular Umarex Gen4 G17 model) but here's the big one... The Umarex can be used in an room in your house with no hearing protection. For most people, the G44 requires going to the range and a lot of ranges won't let you draw from a holster or run drills that involve more then 1 target so IMO, the CO2 gun makes for a much better training aid.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 11:31:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Looks like Glock pulled a Sig on this roll out.
View Quote
Lol.  unpossible. Glocks are perfection.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 11:51:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Glad to see MAC back. I thought he was banned?
View Quote
Thanks, it's good to be back. It was a slight misunderstanding.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 12:21:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Its the components of a perfect storm showing up in various thread posts.

-the design has a first round feed failure problem that even when the first or any round is chambered, the slide inertia has been dissipated so there is a tendency not to go fully into battery.

-a tight chamber interferes with chambering fully and dissipates slide inertia.

-a tight throat engraves the bullet as its being chambered and helps prevent fully closing the slide.

-dropping the slide release/hold open on the first round is a hair less spring pressure to fully close up.

-the system will release the striker just short of fully closed meaning the case head is not fully supported.

-if a rifling system makes a tight barrel, it only boosts the SAMMI spec 24,000psi pressure.

-when a case head blows off, all there is is an extractor operating in plastic and a plastic slide that isn’t stress-able to survive a fully blown case head.

What happens is what you then see.

Photo:  You could tell me an extra tight barrel does not matter, but I’m not believing it. The bullet here is engraved way past normal.

https://i.postimg.cc/Jh0Qyqxf/A726-F77-D-A1-C1-4-D21-9-FAA-E08-AE0-D25-F27.jpg

Photo:  The result being the entire rim is blown off.

https://i.postimg.cc/k5HvWbhB/E7-A21-A2-E-5149-412-E-8345-F9607-BEBCC15.jpg

Photo:  And the side of the slide blowing off and bending the metal inserts and bending the whole slide.

https://i.postimg.cc/28ghmnBj/7-FC251-E2-C49-F-4879-B4-E0-318-F8821-ACA5.jpg
View Quote
I believe you hit the nail on the head.

I think the "fix" for this is going to be glock replacing barrels with a slightly bigger bore since the glock is smaller than sammi spec so it reduce's back pressure and the chance for case head separation.

I must be the only person on the planet who has a G44 that runs 36gr ammo, I shot around 300 rounds last weekend.
I shot some federal bulk 36gr and mini mag 36gr and both of them ran fine.

only ammo I had problems with was browning 40gr bulk pack - had a few FTF.

I shot
auto match bulk pack
browning bulk pack
federal bulk pack
mini mags (36gr)
standard velocity
CCI "clean"
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 1:35:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 1:59:28 PM EDT
[#17]
If you guys are really bored, here are some uncut videos of me doing my thing. I decided to run a GoPro for every round fired that my cameraman isn't present for just in case mine grenades and to capture/document any malfunctions.

Here's a breakdown of the ammo I have purchased to conduct my G44 testing.

40gr CCI Mini-Mag
42gr Winchester Power-Point
40gr CCI Velocitor
32gr CCI Stinger (Stangers - congrats 22 Plinkster for your own ammo line!)
40gr Federal bulk pack
36gr Federal bulk pack
38gr Federal bulk pack
Remington "Golden bullet" 36gr bulk pack

This should give me a good sampling of some of the most popular .22 LR commonly in use.

So far I've shot the 40gr Federal bulk pack, 38gr Federal bulk pack, 36gr Federal bulk pack and the 40gr CCI Mini-Mags.

Nothing I say in the videos is definitive in terms of conclusions, I'm just thinking out loud as I often do. I will reserve judgement until I have completed firing all the different test ammo listed above and after I've revisited some of the ammo to confirm consistency in performance.

Patreon Only G44 First Shots

Continued Testing of the Glock 44

I have more video, but the above is enough to bore you to sleep, I'm sure. However, you will see I'm having issues with some ammo types and definitely having issues with the magazines.

The above target was fired using 38gr Federal bulk pack ammo and was shot at 10 yards. I made no adjustments to my sights, the gun shot to point of aim right out of the box. At further range, 20 yards, it's shooting just a bit high which you can see (thanks to 4k) in one of the videos above. The group that appears on steel is just a tad high of center but there is plenty of elevation adjustment in the rear sight to compensate for this should I choose to do so.

The biggest issue I have with the gun are the magazines. They are problematic not just for me, but for 22 Plinkster and two other friends who now have G44's. All of us have problems with the gun failing to feed the first round on a reload far too often. Some might not find this to be that big of a deal, but I do. This gun's primary draw is being a training aid for people who carry a G19. None of my G19's fail to feed the first round out of nearly every magazine. I have found if you short load the magazine with 7 rounds, this problem goes away. How useful that is depends on the shooter.

I only fired 60 rounds of the 40gr Federal so far but it gave me zero problems. I'll revisit that ammo tomorrow and see if that holds true. If so, it will be the only ammo that hasn't caused a malfunction of some kind with my G44.

I was very surprised that the CCI 40gr Mini-Mags were as problematic as they were in my gun. Generally if you have a picky 22, the Mini-Mags solve the problem. Not always, but usually -- at least in my experience. Not so with the G44. I had several failures of this type.

The slide seemed to ride over the next round in the magazine thus missing the rim. This caused the malfunction you see above. This happened with both magazines I have. I do have two more magazines on order that should be here tomorrow, I hope. That, and a $194 Glock threaded barrel (that irks me that I have to pay nearly $200 for something that comes with the TX-22 for it's complete price of $220).

With the lighter bullet weights malfunctions such as the one seen in the next image were all too common.

I would also have failures where the slide closed on a spent case and I had to run the action to eject the spent case and chamber a fresh round.

I wish I could say it was just my gun having these problems, but I've had every problem 22 Plinkster had with his G44 except mine shoots to point of aim and his can't be zero'ed (it shoots high). Another lesser known YouTube creator posted this video about his G44 and like me and 22 Plinkster, he's having the same issues.

WARNING: THE GLOCK 44 WILL NOT SHOOT BULK 22LR

I have a lot more shooting to do before I can render an informed opinion about the G44, but so far things aren't looking very promising. I think Glock has a problem on its hands and I will be curious to see how they choose to address it. I won't go into the small sample of guns we've all seen that have grenaded. The same two reports keep getting circulated as if it's a common occurrence.

What I can add to the conversation though is a post a viewer made to a blog article I wrote on my website (www.militaryarmschannel.org) that shows his G44's extractor having popped out. This happened while firing but fortunately for him the slide didn't appear to crack as with other instances. He has already sent the gun back to Glock and hopefully he'll share an update with me when it returns.

On a final note, with regards to extractors popping out, one of my friends with a G44 experiencing the same feeding and magazine issues I shared above shared with me that his gun fired out of battery. This out of battery detonation didn't eject the extractor or crack the slide, but it startled him.

With everything I know from first hand experience and through close friends having similar issues to those I'm having, I am starting to believe the G44 suffers from design problems. I definitely believe the magazines have issues.

I look forward to running my G44 with its threaded barrel and a suppressor. If I run it silenced with CCI Mini-Mags I figure I can put the most stress on the little gun as possible.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 3:31:39 PM EDT
[#18]
@MilitaryArms Very nice post with solid info. Thank you for sharing.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 3:41:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Here's what I'm curious about. James shot the G44 in Austria, so it stands to reason they are also making them for the European market in Austria. The guns we're having problems with here in the US are made here in the US. Could there be a problem with the US guns that doesn't exist with the Austrian made guns? Just thinking out loud...
View Quote
The G44's have the GA state sillouhette right on the slide. I refuse to buy U.S. made Glocks; if it doesnt have Austria on it, Im not interested. Some will say they are satisfied with their U.S Glocks and that it is a non issue but it seems as though the U.S. made Glocks have had more issues than their Austrian counterparts despite the huge differential in numbers of each sold (obviously there are many thousands more Austria Glocks out there).
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 3:46:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I look forward to running my G44 with its threaded barrel and a suppressor. If I run it silenced with CCI Mini-Mags I figure I can put the most stress on the little gun as possible.
View Quote
@MilitaryArms

What about Velocitors?  Same weight bullet, but more velocity.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 3:50:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

@MilitaryArms

View Quote
I have them listed in my post of ammo I have on hand for testing.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 5:25:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Welcome back Tim!

Since it's supposed to mimic a real G19, maybe they made it so we can practice malfunction drills also?  

Not liking the European tighter spec chamber/barrel.  Will wait until Glock does an "upgrade/update/non-recall."  Like the idea of same size so you can transition to the real thing for beginners.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 6:03:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The G44's have the GA state sillouhette right on the slide. I refuse to buy U.S. made Glocks; if it doesnt have Austria on it, Im not interested. Some will say they are satisfied with their U.S Glocks and that it is a non issue but it seems as though the U.S. made Glocks have had more issues than their Austrian counterparts despite the huge differential in numbers of each sold (obviously there are many thousands more Austria Glocks out there).
View Quote
If you don't buy US Glocks, the time will come when you will be relegated to only buying used guns. I suspect Glock, like Sig, CZ and others are spinning up US production to avoid future import restrictions and/or bans.

The Austrian made G44's were likely the guns that fired "millions" of rounds, but that's an assumption on my part. I have a hard time believing Glock of Austria, would have let the G44 out in the US in its current state. While I admit some people are claiming to have no issues with their guns, I find it hard to believe they've not experienced at least one of the magazine related issues others are pointing out in growing numbers.

My gun seems to run fine for the most part with the occasional light primer strike (the gun is likely not in battery when this happens). Where I have the vast majority of my problems is with the magazines. That first round on a reload is a bitch... and that's with most every ammo type I've tried.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 6:05:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Welcome back Tim!

Since it's supposed to mimic a real G19, maybe they made it so we can practice malfunction drills also?  

Not liking the European tighter spec chamber/barrel.  Will wait until Glock does an "upgrade/update/non-recall."  Like the idea of same size so you can transition to the real thing for beginners.
View Quote
Thank you. I've been back for a while but I haven't found a topic I wanted to chime in on. Just so everyone knows, Ed Sr. and I have been friends for many-many years. His son reached out to me and we smoothed things over, and now we're on outstanding footing. It's good to be back. I've been a paying member of AR15.com for many years and it's one of the very few boards I frequent.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 6:15:49 PM EDT
[#25]
I was at my local Scheels today... they had 3 of them in the case... guy who took it out for me  mentioned that they had 15 of them (me thinks they were anticipating a "Hillary" win  and Glock pulled a "Trump" on them and now they may be stuck with them...

I have a $80  gift card for them along with the $350 in cash I stashed away... the Store I was on a waiting list for is asking $359
Scheels is asking $379

I'm tempted... as I really wanted one of these... but my gut is telling me to wait...….
All the Hype... all the vids saying how Glock tested  with a shit load of ammo... the TFB video where he was in Austria shooting them... he was going to have a video where he interviews the lead Glock engineer (Which I have not seen yet.. maybe this is why)… How they designed and tested for years.... with reliability being the number one goal..... Fluted Chamber..... Polymer Hybrid slide... full size magazines, going to stay with 10 rds., because they wanted reliability....

I was thinking.... Yeah, I can finally shoot the Fed Walmart Value packs now that there in stock again..... I don't have to buy expensive CCI Mini mags...

Grrrr…. I'm staring at you Gaston.....WTF.... If I were in the Board room at Glock, and I had the design team in there.... it would be a dressing down of epic proportion..... It would be worthy of a Hitler in the bunker rant/video.(Which I'm surprised has not bee done yet)
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 7:00:14 PM EDT
[#26]
@MilitaryArms

I have had the exact same malfs.

I just picked up my threaded barrel on Monday and haven't had a chance to run the gun yet suppressed.

So far I am not happy at all.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 8:04:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Nice to see you posting again Tim.

I was anxious to see feedback on the 44. Now that I have I am staying away (at least for now)

I just went and bought a TX 22 for $249.99 at dunhams of all places after work today. Your feedback pushed me over the edge as I have been considering one.

I like the larger capacity and it should still be s decent trainer and something to teach my boy on
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 8:24:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 9:47:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Thanks Tim.
Appreciate your unbiased reviews.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 9:48:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Bet it runs great on Eley.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 9:57:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Picked mine up today. Got it home cleaned it up and put around 300 rounds through it.

40gr CCI copper bullets cycled great.
40gr Remington Golden Bullets worked just fine.
36gr Remington Golden Bullets are a no go. The seeming to be usual cycled a few then FTE or stovepipe.
26gr Winchester Varmint Bullets were on par with 36gr Remington. Weird thing about these were when they did cycle felt recoil was the mildest of everything I put through it even though they have the highest advertised velocity.
40gr Blazer lead bullets ran just fine.

Pretty disappointing you can't just run bulk 36gr.

Kind of think Tim is onto something with AUS 44s compared to what we received on this side of the pond. Hopefully no kabooms in my near future and Glock will address all of the issues coming to the surface.
View Quote
Lighter bullets recoil softer. Newton’s law and all.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 11:47:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

@MilitaryArms

I have had the exact same malfs.

I just picked up my threaded barrel on Monday and haven't had a chance to run the gun yet suppressed.

So far I am not happy at all.
View Quote
I wish I could say things were improving, but it seems the more I shoot it the more problems I have. I've found that once the gun has a round in the chamber using Remington 36gr bulk pack ammo it would usually fire and cycle about 98% of the time. Where I seem to be having increasingly frequent problems is with the magazines. Here's an edited video of how my day went while continuing my testing with Remington bulk pack "Golden bullets".

Remington Gold Issues with Glock 44

I can't say I'm impressed with the gun at this point. This is the type of behavior I expected from my Taurus TX-22, not my "3 years in development gun that fired over 1.2 million rounds of 141 different .22LR loads" Glock 44. I understand not everyone is having these issues, but I also know I'm far from being alone. Oh, and my TX-22 runs all of the ammo I've been using in the G44 without any issues except for I believe one failure to fire (ammo problem).

I've fired 40gr Federal bulk pack, 38gr Federal bulk pack, 36gr Federal bulk pack, 40gr CCI Mini-Mags and 36gr Remington bulk pack. I had 60 trouble free rounds in a row using the 40gr Federal on my first range day. With all the other ammo I've fired I've encountered malfunctions at least every 20 rounds, usually multiple times per 20 rounds. Most of those I can attribute to the magazines. However, I've had a fair number of failures to extract and classic stove pipes too.

The more I shoot my G44 the more I regret having spent $70 on 3 extra mags and $194 on a threaded barrel that have yet to arrive in the mail. I'm darn near $650 into this gun that's having all sorts of issues with a wide variety of ammo when my $209 TX-22 came with a threaded barrel and runs flawlessly. I can't seem to find spare magazines for it though and that's probably because the gun works so well it's popular which means it could be months before I find spare mags for the little Brazilian Bruiser.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 11:48:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Nice to see you posting again Tim.

I was anxious to see feedback on the 44. Now that I have I am staying away (at least for now)

I just went and bought a TX 22 for $249.99 at dunhams of all places after work today. Your feedback pushed me over the edge as I have been considering one.

I like the larger capacity and it should still be s decent trainer and something to teach my boy on
View Quote
Thank you, it's good to be back.

My sons absolutely love my TX-22. I haven't found any ammo it doesn't like. It's replaced my trusty Ruger Mk4 as the preferred Saturday afternoon plinker for me and my boys.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 11:52:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Thanks Tim.
Appreciate your unbiased reviews.
View Quote
Thank you.

I couldn't do it without the support of our viewers. We are funded by our Patreons and YouTube Members. Since demonetization we've fought hard to avoid being forced into doing paid reviews. I'm not saying doing paid reviews automatically means dishonest commentary, but it does force one to be a bit more tempered in their commentary if they expect to get future work. I hope and pray our audience continues to see the value in our work and continues to support our efforts.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:02:59 AM EDT
[#35]
I wish I could find a TX-22 for $209.

I am seeing $250s to just shy of $300.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:13:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I wish I could find a TX-22 for $209.

I am seeing $250s to just shy of $300.
View Quote
It expired... sorry.

TX22 for $209.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:16:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
It expired... sorry.

TX22 for $209.
View Quote
No problem. Didn't know if I was just missing a great deal.

I think they are still good at $259.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:19:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@MilitaryArms

Yes, but shouldn't the Velocitor put more stress on the gun compared to the Mini-mag?
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:29:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Bet it runs great on Eley.
View Quote
I ran some eley cmp bulk 1090fps through mine last weekend.  They ran without issue.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:41:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Okkkeeey --   Glock 44 off the check-list

Good grief - they managed to fuck up a .22
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:44:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I wish I could say things were improving, but it seems the more I shoot it the more problems I have. I've found that once the gun has a round in the chamber using Remington 36gr bulk pack ammo it would usually fire and cycle about 98% of the time. Where I seem to be having increasingly frequent problems is with the magazines. Here's an edited video of how my day went while continuing my testing with Remington bulk pack "Golden bullets".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDJwcR5ViMs
View Quote
Thanks for doing all this testing. I watched the video and saw all the feed failures that you were having. Curious if you've tried loading only 9 rounds into the magazine to see if the problem still occurs when the magazine is down-loaded.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 3:59:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Put 16 mags through mine today between rain showers in the back yard.

Using federal 36 grain bulk pack and had one FTF.
Other than that it ran like a top.

ETA: one thing I noticed is the gun has become a lot smoother in the form of slide operation.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 4:54:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Thank you, it's good to be back.

My sons absolutely love my TX-22. I haven't found any ammo it doesn't like. It's replaced my trusty Ruger Mk4 as the preferred Saturday afternoon plinker for me and my boys.
View Quote
Can you see if the TX22 fits in any G19 holsters you have....Pretty Please
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 5:16:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Wow..I must have the one that works...I bought it and took it out with a 500 count box of remington golden and a 325 box of Federal auto match. I had zero problems with any of it. It shot a little high at ten but a small turn of the elevation screw solved that. I'm not sure why some people are having such problems. Hopefully they get worked out OR Glock finds a problem and fixes it quick.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 6:08:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Wow..I must have the one that works...I bought it and took it out with a 500 count box of remington golden and a 325 box of Federal auto match. I had zero problems with any of it. It shot a little high at ten but a small turn of the elevation screw solved that. I'm not sure why some people are having such problems. Hopefully they get worked out OR Glock finds a problem and fixes it quick.
View Quote
Mine has been perfect as well, I only have 525 thru mine, the bulk being mini mags.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 7:14:57 PM EDT
[#46]
The TX22 doesn’t fit in my 19 holster or 17 holster, but it does fit in my 20 Blackhawk holster.
@Harv24
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 8:09:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The TX22 doesn’t fit in my 19 holster or 17 holster, but it does fit in my 20 Blackhawk holster.
@Harv24
View Quote
Thanks Brother...
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 9:31:59 PM EDT
[#48]
I have about 800 round through mine so far. The first few mags I had some feed issues. I then noticed the first round wasn’t always setting point up. I’ve seen this on other 22s so I made sure to load the mags with the bullet nose slanted up. No more issues with any of the ammo afterwards. I’ve fired CCI Mini Mags(solids and hollow point), CCI Standard Velocity, Remington Golden Bullets, and Remington Thunderbolt. As long as the first bullet is slanted correctly, I’ve had zero malfunctions. I read on one of the G44 threads that someone suggested pulling the loading tabs down to seat the bullets in the magazine. This is what I was doing today when I fired 340 Remington Thunderbolts with no issues. I have been making sure to release the slide with the gun turned away from me a little just in case. The reported OOB firings do have me concerned but I’m a big enough fan to keep using mine for now
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 9:54:31 PM EDT
[#49]
It's nice to hear some more people having positive experiences.

They have one at one of my LGS...was $399, recntly changed to $379.

I cannot decide if I should buy or hold.

I don't mind if I have to use a few specific types of ammo, as long as those choices are cheap.

Not so big on the blowing up part.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 9:57:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Might just be my observation but it seems like after a few rounds more guns are working than having problems.

Maybe some people just have bad luck.

But honestly I feel like so many people hated on Glock for making a .22 that they just want it to fail and make it seem like a failure of a product.

Mine might blow up tomorrow but as it stands right now it’s running good and I’m enjoying it.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top