Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 11:08:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
$310 for the threaded barrel gun maybe. Threaded barrel itself is $155.

https://www.gtdist.com/brands/glock-44-22lr/glock-44-threaded-barrel-g44.html
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

MSRP on the threaded barrel is $310.
Where did you see this? TFB review mentioned MSRP of $155.
$310 for the threaded barrel gun maybe. Threaded barrel itself is $155.

https://www.gtdist.com/brands/glock-44-22lr/glock-44-threaded-barrel-g44.html
Interesting. Distributor page I was looking at showed a cost of $155 for retailers, and an MSRP of $310.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 1:30:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Interesting. Distributor page I was looking at showed a cost of $155 for retailers, and an MSRP of $310.
View Quote
Yeah I don't ever recall seeing a G44 threaded barrel for ~$310 or so. I thought I recall seeing around $150. And even then, who can really blame Glock. Hold your grudges, or whatever, but they're appealing to the mass market. That isn't easy for me to say, because for one I live in a suppressor restricted state and would own a .22lr can in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 1:16:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Absolutely can't wait to pick one of these up!
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 10:03:52 PM EDT
[#4]
This is where I saw the price I said. $155 is showing as our cost as a retailer. Could be a data entry error for all I know.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 9:09:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Glockmeister sent me an email a day ago.

They're receiving G44 pistol and establishing their "production line" to be shipped out in sequential order of who got on the pre-order bandwagon. CC charges are being made and tracking #s provided, but these pistols won't ship until after MLK day. Keep an eye out for these to start moving.

On another note, does anyone...or has anyone know of.... or seen any threads on iron sight swaps and weight consideration? I'm looking to install the same upgraded irons as my G19, Ameriglo Agent night sights.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 11:59:09 PM EDT
[#6]
The real question is fde, od or black.  I wish grey was an option.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 6:25:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I've got my 2 Glock 44's paid for yesterday, cant wait to get em. Hopefully I'll have them by this upcoming weekend.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 9:59:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I already have a dedicated Glock with Advantage arms upper on it.  10 rounds.

I think there are 12 rounders for it out there.

This is a nothing burger.  I will probably pick up a used one.  I am in no hurry.
View Quote
I have some 15rd mags for mine
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 1:17:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Glockmeister sent me an email a day ago.

They're receiving G44 pistol and establishing their "production line" to be shipped out in sequential order of who got on the pre-order bandwagon. CC charges are being made and tracking #s provided, but these pistols won't ship until after MLK day. Keep an eye out for these to start moving.

On another note, does anyone...or has anyone know of.... or seen any threads on iron sight swaps and weight consideration? I'm looking to install the same upgraded irons as my G19, Ameriglo Agent night sights.
View Quote
TFB TV video said Glock 44 could use any metal,Glock sights like Glock night sights or Ameriglows.    It’ll be interesting if an after market vendor can produce a Glock 44 slide light enough to function with a MOS mounted RDS.    If they do produce a MOS slide that is reliable for the G-44 they’ll sell a ton of them.   I bet it isn’t six months before aftermarket threaded Glock 44 barrels are at vendors for sale.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 12:29:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Has anyone determined if it's technically / mechanically feasible to mill the G44 hybrid slide to accept an RMR?  Would the RMR screw into steel?
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 1:11:30 PM EDT
[#11]
It looks like the PSA colored versions are another case of PSA ceracoteing and not telling anyone it isn't factory.  Has anyone seen them anyplace else?
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 1:26:36 PM EDT
[#12]
https://store.teamglock.com/gun-parts/g44-rh-threaded-barrel-kit.html
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 10:41:52 PM EDT
[#13]

Paid $345.00 + Tax
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 10:46:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Is the trigger smooth?
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 12:52:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Is the trigger smooth?
View Quote
Yes, it was smoother than my 19X. It has that long Glock uptake then a crisp break. But I held and dry fired 2 different Glock 44s in the shop and they both felt slightly different.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 1:19:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This is where I saw the price I said. $155 is showing as our cost as a retailer. Could be a data entry error for all I know.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/234241/Screenshot_20200113-195912_Chrome_jpg-1233368.JPG
View Quote

This is what I’ve found.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 1:32:34 AM EDT
[#17]
I'll pick mine up tomorrow with the threaded barrel
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 1:45:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Make a threaded barrel MOS model and Ill buy it!
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 1:55:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Make a threaded barrel MOS model and Ill buy it!
View Quote
Big +1
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 8:19:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

TFB TV video said Glock 44 could use any metal,Glock sights like Glock night sights or Ameriglows.    It’ll be interesting if an after market vendor can produce a Glock 44 slide light enough to function with a MOS mounted RDS.    If they do produce a MOS slide that is reliable for the G-44 they’ll sell a ton of them.   I bet it isn’t six months before aftermarket threaded Glock 44 barrels are at vendors for sale.
View Quote
Yeah I guess I did see that, I just wanted to follow up on what others might be doing. Like I said, I plan to go with my Ameriglo Agent sights again, but will probably change from orange to a yellow front aperture, as that might be easier to pick up.

For anyone else, my G44 reaches the FFL on 1/23. I'll likely have it within the next few days, it not week. I'll try to get the sights in for a quick install and see how they perform on the polymer slide, with CCI Mini-Mags 40gr CPRN.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 8:45:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yes, it was smoother than my 19X. It has that long Glock uptake then a crisp break. But I held and dry fired 2 different Glock 44s in the shop and they both felt slightly different.
View Quote
I believe he means the smooth face trigger as opposed to the serrated trigger.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 1:42:00 PM EDT
[#22]
I held the first one my LGS got in, felt like a gen5 G19 except much lighter weight. A G19 magazine will fit, lock in, and lock the slide back as well not that it matters. With the cheap price of 9mm it's not really in my sights to pick one up but it's neat.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 3:02:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Still waiting to see some videos with ammo testing. Would like to see how it does with CCI standard velocity.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 10:45:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Ahh...

Ok, Yes the trigger face is smooth.

Quoted:
Still waiting to see some videos with ammo testing. Would like to see how it does with CCI standard velocity.
I will let you know Saturday evening. I've got a few bricks of CCI standard, and a lot of random ammo I will test.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 11:43:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Shoot fed Value pack instead... I don't want to shoot high end .22, defeats the point... if I'm paying for CCI, I might as well buy the 6.99 Wolf steel case 9mm....
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 12:30:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Shoot fed Value pack instead... I don't want to shoot high end .22, defeats the point... if I'm paying for CCI, I might as well buy the 6.99 Wolf steel case 9mm....
View Quote
I've got a couple boxes of the bulk Federal Automatch, I'll report back.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 3:42:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Does anyone know if the sight cuts are same as their centerfire guns?
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 4:00:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
Everyone says they are.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 7:57:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
Sights that will work on a G19/G17 will work on the G44, you just have to watch pushing the new sights on as the slide on the G44 is polymer.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 8:02:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Customers have only been asking for over 20 years for a carbine, just saying.

CD
View Quote
and... Ruger answers?
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 8:38:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I've got a couple boxes of the bulk Federal Automatch, I'll report back.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 3:05:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Tried out my indoor ranges rental 44 yesterday. Shot similar groups out to 50 feet ( longest distance available) with the S&W 422 I brought along as a comparison. Ran mini mag Aguila high velocity and cci standard. One failure to return to battery with mini mag, oddly my usually highly reliable 422 did it once with the same ammo. Otherwise shot fine.
It doesn’t shoot any better than the multiple low end plinkers I have ( colt challenger 422 beretta Jaguar and S&W 34 revolver) but does have the advantage compared to the Colt and beretta of easily obtained inexpensive magazines and current spare parts/ factory support. I am currently planning on picking up my first .22 can and if it came with a threaded barrel out of the gate would be all in. As it is once the hype calms down with prices going down some I will very likely end up with one. If it was on the gssf blue label sales program or an option on the gssf prize certificate ( hope I can shoot well enough this weekend at little field to win another prize certificate!) that would be a plus.
Right now my local shop has. Them at full msrp- too much for me right now
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 4:25:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Well, I was adamant that I would hold off buying a G44 until a factory model came out with the threaded barrel and the 15rd mags.

However, I was at my favorite GS getting a Aero M5 receiver for a future .308 build. And, well, the GS owner jumped across the display case, grabbed me by the arm, then started twisting it. All while screaming in my ear, that he had the new G44's come in and that I was not allowed to leave without buying one.

So, I bought one.

The threaded barrel will be in tomorrow.

I am BigCraig, and I am weak.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 7:00:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Picked mine up today at GT Distributors in Austin.  Got home, and just for a chuckle, did the warranty registration thing, something I normally don't do.  AND when I did there was a 20% discount code at the Glock factory store!!!!  Sooooooooo, got the threaded barrel kit ordered direct from Glock.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 7:20:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Picked mine up today at GT Distributors in Austin.  Got home, and just for a chuckle, did the warranty registration thing, something I normally don't do.  AND when I did there was a 20% discount code at the Glock factory store!!!!  Sooooooooo, got the threaded barrel kit ordered direct from Glock.
View Quote
I've gotten a discount for registering at S&W, Ruger, and Beretta. Not sure why I never registered any of my Glocks, but I'm wondering if a couple of years after purchase is too late.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 7:48:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Picked one up at the LGS today plus an extra mag; hope to hit the range tomorrow and will report back then.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 9:01:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Got mine today
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 12:57:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Picked up mine today, $359 out the door.

Best trigger of any out of the box Glock to date. My first Gen 5 gun though, I've owned about a dozen gen 3/4 Glocks. The trigger breaks clean and crisp with a solid take up and wall. A little polishing and it'll be sweet. I hope to stipple it Saturday.

Stores here had them in stock from $359 to $430!
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 8:53:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Picked up mine today, $359 out the door.

Best trigger of any out of the box Glock to date. My first Gen 5 gun though, I've owned about a dozen gen 3/4 Glocks. The trigger breaks clean and crisp with a solid take up and wall. A little polishing and it'll be sweet. I hope to stipple it Saturday.

Stores here had them in stock from $359 to $430!
View Quote
Its 399 here local :(
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 1:41:12 PM EDT
[#40]
$399 here too. Handled one yesterday. It is temping, but will wait to get real world reliability info.

Or I could save $400 plus extra mags, new sights, threaded barrel....etc...and just see if I can get my P80 compact with Tacsol .22 upper (that already has all those things done) to run just a tish better then it does now. I would call it 95% with the ammo it likes best. Maybe some polishing, etc...Have even considered a window in the top of the slide to lighten it, which would also make it match my 9mm brownells slides.

I am torn. It did feel real good in the hand though.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 8:12:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm not sure your analogy makes sense, lol. With all due respect, as I've seen and talked with you before here.

I've been stocking up on CCI Mini-Mag 40gr CPRN for around 0.06/round shipped. The Wolf Steel comparison is 0.07/round higher in price. You're still saving significantly unless I'm missing something else.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 8:15:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Tried out my indoor ranges rental 44 yesterday. Shot similar groups out to 50 feet ( longest distance available) with the S&W 422 I brought along as a comparison. Ran mini mag Aguila high velocity and cci standard. One failure to return to battery with mini mag, oddly my usually highly reliable 422 did it once with the same ammo. Otherwise shot fine.
It doesn’t shoot any better than the multiple low end plinkers I have ( colt challenger 422 beretta Jaguar and S&W 34 revolver) but does have the advantage compared to the Colt and beretta of easily obtained inexpensive magazines and current spare parts/ factory support. I am currently planning on picking up my first .22 can and if it came with a threaded barrel out of the gate would be all in. As it is once the hype calms down with prices going down some I will very likely end up with one. If it was on the gssf blue label sales program or an option on the gssf prize certificate ( hope I can shoot well enough this weekend at little field to win another prize certificate!) that would be a plus.
Right now my local shop has. Them at full msrp- too much for me right now
View Quote
MSRP of $430?

DK Arms and Glockmeister have them for ~$360. That's a deal if you ask me. I don't think you'll see that lower price drop much at all in the coming months once things settle.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 8:25:56 PM EDT
[#43]
I swear the one I looked at had a threaded barrel. Are any shipping like that?
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 8:43:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I'm not sure your analogy makes sense, lol. With all due respect, as I've seen and talked with you before here.

I've been stocking up on CCI Mini-Mag 40gr CPRN for around 0.06/round shipped. The Wolf Steel comparison is 0.07/round higher in price. You're still saving significantly unless I'm missing something else.
View Quote
CCI Mini-Mag 40 gr CPRN

Where are you getting it at 0.06/rd shipped?
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 10:29:36 PM EDT
[#45]
I bought a 44 on Monday and shot it for the first time yesterday. I am a .22 fan, and currently own a TX22, a Victory, and a SR22 also. I shot about 350-400 rounds through the Glock and about the same through the TX yesterday.
Here are my thoughts. The trigger on the TX22 is far better. I didn't think the 10 round magazines would be a issue since my SR22 and Victory use 10 rounders. I was wrong.   I really liked the 16 rounds between reloading.
The Taurus was more accurate for me, by a noticeable difference.
Ammunition I shot was cci mini mag, std velocity, cci subsonic, cci supressor, Remington thunderbolt, Remington subsonic, Aquila subsonic , federal match hv.
The Glock did not cycle the Remington subsonic, Aguilla subsonic at all. It struggled with the thunderbolt with light strikes. There were some random failures to feed and ejectt. The Taurus ran everything fine but wouldn't reliably cycle the aguilla subsonic.
The Taurus has prob 5000 rounds through it and this has been typical. If just runs.
The Glock was cleaned and lubed before being used. I cleaned and relubed it when it wasn't working well. It didn't help.

For accuracy I'd rate them
1 Victory
2 TX22
3 44/ sr22

Reliability
1 SR22/ Tx22
2 44
3 victory.

I have a Glock 17, 19, 20, 21, 42 also. I am a Glock Fan, big the 44 really disappointed me. The Taurus  and the SR22 shoot better for me, and are far more reliable. I traded the 44 in today for a $60 loss on a revolver I have been eyeing. I'm totally ok with the loss since I would have had to spend $150 on a threaded barrel for the 44 to use my supressor. Maybe the gun I got was a dud. In any event I enjoyed the other guns more so for me, trading it in was an easy choice. Hopefully others have better luck.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 12:22:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I bought a 44 on Monday and shot it for the first time yesterday. I am a .22 fan, and currently own a TX22, a Victory, and a SR22 also. I shot about 350-400 rounds through the Glock and about the same through the TX yesterday.
Here are my thoughts. The trigger on the TX22 is far better. I didn't think the 10 round magazines would be a issue since my SR22 and Victory use 10 rounders. I was wrong.   I really liked the 16 rounds between reloading.
The Taurus was more accurate for me, by a noticeable difference.
Ammunition I shot was cci mini mag, std velocity, cci subsonic, cci supressor, Remington thunderbolt, Remington subsonic, Aquila subsonic , federal match hv.
The Glock did not cycle the Remington subsonic, Aguilla subsonic at all. It struggled with the thunderbolt with light strikes. There were some random failures to feed and ejectt. The Taurus ran everything fine but wouldn't reliably cycle the aguilla subsonic.
The Taurus has prob 5000 rounds through it and this has been typical. If just runs.
The Glock was cleaned and lubed before being used. I cleaned and relubed it when it wasn't working well. It didn't help.

For accuracy I'd rate them
1 Victory
2 TX22
3 44/ sr22

Reliability
1 SR22/ Tx22
2 44
3 victory.

I have a Glock 17, 19, 20, 21, 42 also. I am a Glock Fan, big the 44 really disappointed me. The Taurus  and the SR22 shoot better for me, and are far more reliable. I traded the 44 in today for a $60 loss on a revolver I have been eyeing. I'm totally ok with the loss since I would have had to spend $150 on a threaded barrel for the 44 to use my supressor. Maybe the gun I got was a dud. In any event I enjoyed the other guns more so for me, trading it in was an easy choice. Hopefully others have better luck.
View Quote
Appreciate the input!
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 12:34:53 AM EDT
[#47]
I got my 2 Glock 44's in today. So far my only complaint is that the trigger is heavy. Definitely heavier than my 19x.

Link Posted: 1/25/2020 12:59:50 AM EDT
[#48]
All 6 we have gotten in have had smooth face triggers.

I'm not sure if I saw that question about trigger faces answered yet or not. Also curious to see if there are any serrated trigger versions out there.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 1:04:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Can you dry fire the Glock 44?
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 1:12:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
All 6 we have gotten in have had smooth face triggers.

I'm not sure if I saw that question about trigger faces answered yet or not. Also curious to see if there are any serrated trigger versions out there.
View Quote
Both of mine are smooth.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top