User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 5:20:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It seems like with anything, people have different experiences.

I haven't had any issues from my G44 with over 6000+ rounds through it and that is even with using the ProMag 18 round magazines. Of course I do NOT use cheap bulk ammo either.
View Quote

Dude, shooting a .22 LR pistol is all about saving money. I’ll send a pistol packing down the road if it won’t run consistently on bulk ammo. What’s the sense otherwise! Same goes for all my other toys. They need to be able to run reliably on the inexpensive pew pews as well. As for the  range toys, well they only get fed home rolled 24/7.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 7:46:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Dude, shooting a .22 LR pistol is all about saving money. I'll send a pistol packing down the road if it won't run consistently on bulk ammo. What's the sense otherwise! Same goes for all my other toys. They need to be able to run reliably on the inexpensive pew pews as well. As for the  range toys, well they only get fed home rolled 24/7.
View Quote
DUDE!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

It is a well known fact that most 22lr pistols with a reciprocating slide can and will be ammo sensitive. Get over it and stick with your Ruger pistol. No need to shit on other's threads just because you don't like a particular firearm.

And yes I also own a Ruger MkII. But it serves a totally different purpose to me than my G44 does.

And another thing.
Some of us prefer using good quality ammo in ALL of our rimfire firearms for better functioning and better accuracy.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 7:57:58 PM EDT
[#3]
There are .22 LR pistols and .22 LR conversions (like the Glock 44, Advantage Arms, ...).  You should expect a .22 LR conversion to favor 40-grain, high-velocity ammo.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 8:03:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
There are .22 LR pistols and .22 LR conversions (like the Glock 44, Advantage Arms, ...).  You should expect a .22 LR conversion to favor 40-grain, high-velocity ammo.
View Quote
Brother, don't waste your breath.

Some guys are just cheap and will only buy the lowest price ammo they can find and then bitch about how their gun doesn't function correctly. They will never be happy and will just keep complaining about what a piece of junk some guns are even though it is due to the person buying crappy ammo.

Link Posted: 12/19/2020 8:33:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted: Brother, don't waste your breath.
View Quote
Understood.  On a lighter note ...

I'm still sitting on ~8,500 rounds of CCI 40-grain high-velocity copper-plated round nose Mini-mag (MPN 0030) I bought in July / September for roughly $0.08.  I just "pre-ordered" (mid-February delivery date) another 5,000 rounds from Advantage Arms for $0.11 (including shipping).  I'd like to pick up another 5,000 rounds prior to the inauguration.  Any recommendations in the sub-$0.10 price range?
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 8:46:44 PM EDT
[#6]
As soon as I find some CCI in stock at those prices I will definitely pass the word. I like the CCI Mini Mags for my G44 and conversion slides while the CCI AR Tactical runs really well in my 22AR's and Kel-Tec CP33.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 10:01:13 PM EDT
[#7]
If it helps hunting ammo, I have been using CCI MiniMags, Fiocchi, and Aguila, all in the 40 grain copper plated round nose high speed variety.  MiniMags=100 boxes, Fiocchi=50 boxes, and Aguila in 250 bulk boxes.

The three have been functionally equivalent in any of several .22 pistols including a G44, a TX22, a couple AA conversion kits, and a 10/22 pistol.

In comparison, Blazer 40 grain in 50 boxes has been less dependable.  The AA kits are not more than 95% dependable with anything.  The TX22 and G44 seem to work with anything that is high speed and fits into the chamber.  

Federal 525 and Winchester 333, I would not buy again unless desperate.  The Win333 has bullets loose enough to fall apart loading.

The biggest oddity is Federal AutoMatch.  In an AR15/22, box after box after box has run from 25 round magazines with never a single malfunction or a bad primer no fire.  Put it into pistols, and it is weak and misfires in some.

The difference has been the firing pin foot print.  A large tip area with a hard hit always fires (G44, AR15/22, TX22).  Sharp wedge shaped tips with a small area have numerous misfires (Ruger 22/45, Ruger Competition, AA kits).
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 10:16:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a decent stock of the Aquila Super Extra 40 grain copper plated round nose and pick it up for a decent price every time I see it in stock at a local farm and home store. It does shoot well and I haven't had any function problems with it in my G44. Now the chamber on my 1911 conversion slide will get a wax ring in the chamber from the Aquila.

I did get 2500 rounds of CCI Mini Mags recently at 11 cents per round from Target Sports and still have 6 unopened 100 round boxes. I also have 13 unopened 300 round count boxes of CCI AR Tactical.

I do prefer the CCI AR Tactical and CCI Mini mags over everything else since they do so well in all of my rimfire guns.

Plus you can never have enough 22lr ammo.

Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:40:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It is a well known fact that most 22lr pistols with a reciprocating slide can and will be ammo sensitive. Get over it and stick with your Ruger pistol. No need to shit on other's threads just because you don't like a particular firearm.

And yes I also own a Ruger MkII. But it serves a totally different purpose to me than my G44 does.

And another thing.
Some of us prefer using good quality ammo in ALL of our rimfire firearms for better functioning and better accuracy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, shooting a .22 LR pistol is all about saving money. I'll send a pistol packing down the road if it won't run consistently on bulk ammo. What's the sense otherwise! Same goes for all my other toys. They need to be able to run reliably on the inexpensive pew pews as well. As for the  range toys, well they only get fed home rolled 24/7.

And another thing.

Within 15 yards of .22 LR pistol shooting, quality ammo has nothing on 90% of most bulk pack .22 LR ammo. I own numerous  different .22 LR pistols, ( Not all are Ruger ) and they all fall under the same scenario. So we’re going to have to agree to disagree.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:46:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quality ammo:  It is an issue of functioning.  Functioning is almost always quality priming and consistent powder charges, cartridge to cartridge.  Those two things and a consistent crimp/diameter of bullet just ahead of the crimp.  Additionally, some manufacturers use a quicker powder that may ultimately test the same velocity, but activates blow back .22LR slides/bolts more reliably because of a quicker initial thrust rearward.

Right now:  CCC MiniMag40/100boxes, Fiocchi40RNCPHS/50boxes, and Aguila40RNCPHS/SuperExtra/boxes or loose pak, are the most consistent products for semi auto guns needing HS.22LR to function.  They help you learn to shoot and are good for letting others use your toys.

Its not really accuracy.  MiniMags suck for accuracy.  But if a gun won’t function with them, it won’t work with anything.  They are consistent.

Win, Fed, Browning, Rem, who ever else in crap bulk paks teaches you how to clear malfunctions.  Nothing is more AFU than Win333 bulk detaching the bullet from the case loading into a magazine.  Or Fed 555 being too weak to run a gun.

Sometimes bulk works fine.  Like in a Taurus TX22 or Glock 44, neither of which give a damn about what you put into them.  They just run.

Other guns, best ammo or they become a jam-O-matic

Cost? HaHa.  The cheapest crap now costs more than MiniMags ever did.

L.L.Bean:  Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten.

Link Posted: 12/20/2020 12:11:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Within 15 yards of .22 LR pistol shooting, quality ammo has nothing on 90% of most bulk pack .22 LR ammo. I own numerous  different .22 LR pistols, ( Not all are Ruger ) and they all fall under the same scenario. So we're going to have to agree to disagree.
View Quote
And some of us go for the smallest groups possible and do it at farther distances than 15 yards. And yes good quality ammo will make the difference in any 22lr pistol. Keep shooting the cheap bulk ammo if you want, but don't complain  when certain type pistols don't do so well with it. And the same goes with semi-auto rifles too, better ammo WILL function and shoot better.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 8:47:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
And some of us go for the smallest groups possible and do it at farther distances than 15 yards. And yes good quality ammo will make the difference in any 22lr pistol. Keep shooting the cheap bulk ammo if you want, but don't complain  when certain type pistols don't do so well with it. And the same goes with semi-auto rifles too, better ammo WILL function and shoot better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Within 15 yards of .22 LR pistol shooting, quality ammo has nothing on 90% of most bulk pack .22 LR ammo. I own numerous  different .22 LR pistols, ( Not all are Ruger ) and they all fall under the same scenario. So we're going to have to agree to disagree.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I can guarantee you that you’ve never heard me complain about accuracy, especially in .22LR pistols, as these are just range toys, and  I’m pretty sure my steel  silhouette targets will never know the difference between an inexpensive bulk and quality .22 LR pew pews. Do I run steel case ammo out of some of my other toys,  you betcha, but I also have a wide array of the quality stuff as well when accuracy matters. Enough said.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:22:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Sorry to disappoint you, but I can guarantee you that you've never heard me complain about accuracy, especially in .22LR pistols, as these are just range toys, and  I'm pretty sure my steel  silhouette targets will never know the difference between an inexpensive bulk and quality .22 LR pew pews. Do I run steel case ammo out of some of my other toys,  you betcha, but I also have a wide array of the quality stuff as well when accuracy matters. Enough said.
View Quote
You are correct.... ENOUGH SAID!

Especially since some people want to go as cheap as they can on stuff and then complain when they have problems. And I am not just talking about ammo either. As always, the old saying holds true - you get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:16:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Understood.  On a lighter note ...

I'm still sitting on ~8,500 rounds of CCI 40-grain high-velocity copper-plated round nose Mini-mag (MPN 0030) I bought in July / September for roughly $0.08.  I just "pre-ordered" (mid-February delivery date) another 5,000 rounds from Advantage Arms for $0.11 (including shipping).  I'd like to pick up another 5,000 rounds prior to the inauguration.  Any recommendations in the sub-$0.10 price range?
View Quote
MidwayUSA has Aquila Super Extra 38 grain hollow points in stock if you hurry

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1022643629?pid=859479&utm_source=general-promotion&utm_medium=email&utm_content=main-image-link&utm_campaign=aguila-22lr-38gr
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:37:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the heads-up!  I’m going to stick with CCI 40-gr HV CP RN Mini-mag.  I prefer to eliminate at least one variable in the way of my ammo.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 1:15:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah I haven't tried the Aquila Super Extra 38 gr HP yet. I figure if it doesn't work in my G44, I can use it in my other 22lr guns and save the good stuff for the G44. Now the Aquila Super Extra 40Gr CPRN works well in my G44 with the OEM slide. I still haven't had a chance to shoot with the Nelson 44X slide yet.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 3:56:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Has anyone contacted Glock to find out when they recommend changing out the RSA?
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 6:33:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Has anyone contacted Glock to find out when they recommend changing out the RSA?
View Quote
I do believe that someone on Glock Talk did but I haven't seen an answer yet.

I have 7,000 rounds through my G44 with the original RSA and from the unscientific testing I did, it is still the same as the spare RSA I have.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:34:08 PM EDT
[#19]
The Winchester superX 40 grain copper plated round nose “super speed” sold in 100 round boxes at Walmart for $8 work great in the one I tried.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 2:50:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I have a decent stock of the Aquila Super Extra 40 grain copper plated round nose and pick it up for a decent price every time I see it in stock at a local farm and home store. It does shoot well and I haven't had any function problems with it in my G44.

View Quote

I just picked up 500 Rounds of the Super Extra copper plated. Hope it works in my G44
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 7:36:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I just picked up 500 Rounds of the Super Extra copper plated. Hope it works in my G44
View Quote

I snagged some of that as well, shoots in my G44 with no issues.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 11:14:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It works just as well as CCI Mini Mags do in mine. The Aquila isn't quite as accurate but functions 100%

And the Aquila Super Extra 38 Grain hollow points work well too. I'm close to 8,000 rounds in my G44 and haven't had any issues that were not ammo related. And the ammo related issues do not happen very often with good ammo.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 7:47:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It works just as well as CCI Mini Mags do in mine. The Aquila isn't quite as accurate but functions 100%
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I tried it today. It functions 100% but less accurate than CCI Standard.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:52:14 PM EDT
[#24]
For those that have changed out their sights, any issues with using a sight pusher like the MGW?
I’m just super nervous about potentially boogering up the slide.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 10:19:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
For those that have changed out their sights, any issues with using a sight pusher like the MGW?
I'm just super nervous about potentially boogering up the slide.
View Quote
I used the vism pusher on mine. Just adjust the height so it clears the slide, worked fine.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 10:25:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Anyone notice their Glock 44 shoots way left?

I have my rear sight pushed almost all the way over to the right and it’s still shooting left.

It’s definitely the gun. I have a whole stable of Glocks, this being the only one shooting wonky.

So far it’s ate everything I’ve put in it though from CCI mini mags to federal, Remington and Winchester bulk pack.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 11:05:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Anyone notice their Glock 44 shoots way left?

I have my rear sight pushed almost all the way over to the right and it’s still shooting left.

It’s definitely the gun. I have a whole stable of Glocks, this being the only one shooting wonky.

So far it’s ate everything I’ve put in it though from CCI mini mags to federal, Remington and Winchester bulk pack.
View Quote

Get Glock 19 sights and be done with those plastic pieces of shit.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 11:51:47 PM EDT
[#28]
I did lol. After market 19s on it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 8:28:36 AM EDT
[#29]
ETA - All set, I got one.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 1:24:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Let’s keep it going!

Bought new around the start of June 21
Serial # AFFxxx

First day out ran 650ish rounds of various weight, brand, velocities
Minor failures to eject here and there but overall not bad* fed gold medal choked hard failed to eject almost every round for 50

I have been burning up fed 40gr LRN HV that comes in the 800 round boxes with very minimal issues

I now have over 1100 rounds over 4 range sessions, hasn’t been cleaned since 700 rounds and runs very well.

I got tired of loading the two mags over and over so I picked up 6 more factory mags and 3 pro mags to try out.

The pro mags have been flawless and I actually ordered two more tonight.

I plan on shooting the hell out of this and will probably be over 2k rounds before the end of the month
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 2:57:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Just got one, used a shirt to wipe the packing oil off, and fired 20 rounds.

This thing is a blast. I’m gonna shoot the shit out of it.

Threaded barrel ordered. Mags getting ordered. Could see putting a TOR mini IR laser on it for night time fun.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 12:17:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Anyone running the Dueck Defense RBU RMR dovetail mount on the G44? I'd wager its best to run high velocity stuff to keep it reciprocating properly with added weight.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 12:26:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Mine is becoming less ammo sensitive with crappy ammo the more I shoot it
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 12:38:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted: Anyone running the Dueck Defense RBU RMR dovetail mount on the G44? I'd wager its best to run high velocity stuff to keep it reciprocating properly with added weight.
View Quote
I'm not a fan of dovetail mounts, but I have two Nelson Precision Manufacturing / BoogeyMan Customs aluminum RMR-cut gen1 44X slides and I can tell you every fraction of an ounce matters when it comes to reliability.

The gen2 Nelson Precision Manufacturing 44X slides are slated to ship this month and are expected to be a little over one ounce lighter than the gen1 44X slides.  The hope is this one ounce will improve reliability considerably.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 1:18:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'm not a fan of dovetail mounts, but I have two Nelson Precision Manufacturing / BoogeyMan Customs aluminum RMR-cut gen1 44X slides and I can tell you every fraction of an ounce matters when it comes to reliability.

The gen2 Nelson Precision Manufacturing 44X slides are slated to ship this month and are expected to be a little over one ounce lighter than the gen1 44X slides.  The hope is this one ounce will improve reliability considerably.
View Quote

Have you been successful running your Nelson slide w an optic mounted? I’m still trying to find the secret sauce to get mine to run.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 4:20:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted: Have you been successful running your Nelson slide w an optic mounted? I’m still trying to find the secret sauce to get mine to run.
View Quote
#1.  I run a hacked OEM G44 dual recoil spring assembly with coils removed from both the inner and outer springs.
#2.  I'd strongly encourage you to follow the GlockTalk Glock 44X thread.
#3.  I'd strongly encourage you to trade in (for free) your Nelson Precision Manufacturing gen1 44X slide for a gen2 44X EDC slide.  It doesn't matter what gen1 44X model you had.  The EDC is the lightest of the gen2 44X models.  As I'm sure you've discovered, every fraction of an ounce matters.

If you have more questions, feel free to message me.  I don't want to derail this thread any more than I already have.

Link Posted: 8/1/2021 7:50:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
#1.  I run a hacked OEM G44 dual recoil spring assembly with coils removed from both the inner and outer springs.
#2.  I'd strongly encourage you to follow the GlockTalk Glock 44X thread.
#3.  I'd strongly encourage you to trade in (for free) your Nelson Precision Manufacturing gen1 44X slide for a gen2 44X EDC slide.  It doesn't matter what gen1 44X model you had.  The EDC is the lightest of the gen2 44X models.  As I'm sure you've discovered, every fraction of an ounce matters.

If you have more questions, feel free to message me.  I don't want to derail this thread any more than I already have.

https://wickedstone.com/WS_RSA_1.jpg

View Quote

Will do. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 11:48:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Doesn’t appear to have a good track record of sales or availability.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 1:29:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted: Doesn’t appear to have a good track record of sales or availability.
View Quote
Fair point!  I’d be happy to detail the entire history of the product.  However, unfortunately, the Nelson Precision Manufacturing 44X slide is the only aftermarket G44 RMR-cut slide game in town.  I’m confident we will have a lighter, more reliable gen2 version of the 44X slide this month.  As to whether the gen2 44X EDC slide with a Trijicon RM06 will be as reliable as the OEM G44 slide, I doubt it. For me, I don’t have an alternative when it comes to a G19 gen5 trainer with a Trijicon RMR.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 11:50:09 AM EDT
[#40]
I am at approximately 2500 rounds of various brands weights and velocity’s. Majority of the rounds fired were from the promag 18 round mags that I load to 15.

I clean about every 500 rounds and the pistol runs amazing.

Page / 14
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top