Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 8:15:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I picked up one of these plastic 44 and it felt like a toy gun to me. Can’t justify paying $400 for a plastic Glock when I can go out & pick up a mark 4 for or a buckmark for same price which I already have. No thanks. Maybe if they dropped the price a couple hundred.
View Quote

If you're picking up a mark iv, you don't belong purchasing a G44. They're in two entirely different categories of purpose.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 8:32:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

If you're picking up a mark iv, you don't belong purchasing a G44. They're in two entirely different categories of purpose.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I picked up one of these plastic 44 and it felt like a toy gun to me. Can’t justify paying $400 for a plastic Glock when I can go out & pick up a mark 4 for or a buckmark for same price which I already have. No thanks. Maybe if they dropped the price a couple hundred.

Now I know why I never warmed up to the Glock .22LR.  I didn't belong.

A couple of my threads:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/Ruger-Mk-IV-22-45-Lite-Under-An-ADE-Green-Micro-Dot-a-UTG-Tandemkross-Williams-Fire-Sights-Update/50-186291/

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/Hellcat-Shooting-Ammo-Selection-Impressions/4-195014/

Little did I know I didn’t belong.

And here I thought it was just my TX22.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/TX22-The-Perfect-Full-Size-22LR-Trainer-For-Practice/26-193143/

LMAO.

Link Posted: 5/22/2020 9:42:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Apples to oranges.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 12:56:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don’t belong?
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 6:44:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Most of you are right, the Glock 44 debut was far overplayed for what it is. The commercial alone is odd, lots of nature mixed with minor urban models, and mostly women shooting it. I get it though, appealing to the mass market. On the flip side it probably is the most unique designed pistol released since the Glock 17, disregard whether or not it was released years too late or not. There otherwise hasn't really been innovation but more so sequences of models.

Having said that, I've always wanted to put a .22lr in the stable and this fits the bill. I run a G19 Gen5 at the range and it will also likely be my carry gun. I can afford to shoot 9mm in whatever volume I see fit, so that's a moot point. I do like the idea of running a G19 sized .22lr gun for focusing on the training principles at a far cheaper cost. This is a gun I plan to own for...ever? So I will get my return in investment by far and I don't need to modify my equipment to accommodate it. Let alone, my fiance can finally get back to shooting pistols with a caliber which has far more manageable recoil.

So call the above my....opinion...man. That's where people get this all contorted, it's just differences of opinions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Most of you are right, the Glock 44 debut was far overplayed for what it is. The commercial alone is odd, lots of nature mixed with minor urban models, and mostly women shooting it. I get it though, appealing to the mass market. On the flip side it probably is the most unique designed pistol released since the Glock 17, disregard whether or not it was released years too late or not. There otherwise hasn't really been innovation but more so sequences of models.

Having said that, I've always wanted to put a .22lr in the stable and this fits the bill. I run a G19 Gen5 at the range and it will also likely be my carry gun. I can afford to shoot 9mm in whatever volume I see fit, so that's a moot point. I do like the idea of running a G19 sized .22lr gun for focusing on the training principles at a far cheaper cost. This is a gun I plan to own for...ever? So I will get my return in investment by far and I don't need to modify my equipment to accommodate it. Let alone, my fiance can finally get back to shooting pistols with a caliber which has far more manageable recoil.

So call the above my....opinion...man. That's where people get this all contorted, it's just differences of opinions.

Quoted:

About page four of this thread, before getting one and before some of the first ones self destructed, a new to 22LR pistols shooter adopted the G44 as his one and only true love.  The rest of the 12 page thread is mostly about how long the one sample can run uncleaned and filthy on lower end ammo without too (???) many malfunctions.

He sorta took over the thread as his own and didn’t want non fan boys nattering away.  He’s a nice guy, just a little single minded.  I am guessing it was just an odd moment.  Don’t take it personal, just his limited experience.

My Ruger-Hellcat-TX22 post was just a reminder of a larger universe.  

Link Posted: 5/23/2020 8:23:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have a Ruger MKIII and a 44. They are two different guns with different purposes.

If you want to go out and shoot .22 for the tightest groups you can then get a MK. If you want to improve how you shoot a larger caliber Glock then get the 44.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 2:22:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I have a Ruger MKIII and a 44. They are two different guns with different purposes.

If you want to go out and shoot .22 for the tightest groups you can then get a MK. If you want to improve how you shoot a larger caliber Glock then get the 44.
View Quote

This needs to be the marketing slogan for the 44.

I bought one specifically as a training aid and my proficiency with all of my other glocks has gone up exponentially.

The biggest highlight for me is its a perfect training aid for my G19.5 that I carry every day.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 8:31:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I bought one specifically as a training aid and my proficiency with all of my other glocks has gone up exponentially.

The biggest highlight for me is its a perfect training aid for my G19.5 that I carry every day.
View Quote

@xxspudxx

Or others...

Without wading through a 12 page thread, I'm looking for the very thing you say you've found in the 44...a training aid for the 19.5.

So, is the trigger that close to the stock 19.5 one?

Link Posted: 5/23/2020 8:49:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

@xxspudxx

Or others...

Without wading through a 12 page thread, I'm looking for the very thing you say you've found in the 44...a training aid for the 19.5.

So, is the trigger that close to the stock 19.5 one?

View Quote

@RegularJoe58

Its a stock gen5 trigger. You can even drop in an aftermarket one. I put my Apex one in just to verify.

With the exception of the weight and lack of recoil, its a perfect 1 to 1 match.

After pulling the trigger a few thousand times, my groups have tightened, and I have been able to practice drawing from my AIWB holster and getting on target much quicker.

I even put a pierce grip extension my my G44 mags to make it exactly the same as my G19.5

Pics to follow!
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 8:55:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Attachment Attached File

Fits in G19 / G17 holsters too.

Soon I will have the same Ameriglo sights and another Inforce light so I dont have to keep swapping it over when at the range.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 10:29:19 PM EDT
[#11]
@xxspudxx

Thank you for the follow up!

That's exactly what I wanted to know...

Looks like a 44 is in my future!
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 11:22:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

A couple of my threads:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/Ruger-Mk-IV-22-45-Lite-Under-An-ADE-Green-Micro-Dot-a-UTG-Tandemkross-Williams-Fire-Sights-Update/50-186291/

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/Hellcat-Shooting-Ammo-Selection-Impressions/4-195014/

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/TX22-The-Perfect-Full-Size-22LR-Trainer-For-Practice/26-193143/

LMAO.

View Quote

I think you’re jumping to conclusions based on what I said but let me explain...

He called the G44 a toy gun. Like a Nerf gun or water pistol or....? He’s aware the slide is polymer by design, right? Slide blowback versus just a bolt from a Ruger.

He then proceeds to say he can’t justify paying $400 for a toy gun, that he would rather get a Ruger Mark whatever this or that....which he already has. So why’d he even come here?

As another said, apples to oranges. The G44 is a direct counterpart training aid to a G19 in function, controls, adaptability, and design. I could call the Mark IV an outdated geriatric design but I won....oh wait I did.

But anyway you seem to have forum bi-polar and have your graces with others fluctuate in and out. And to incriminate me for hijacking this thread by documenting my G44 in a ‘torture test?’ I don’t get it. My grandest apologies for not creating a separate thread with accuracy reports, reviews, and so on. It’s not up to me as to whether you belong, I can just state my opinion he doesn’t belong here. And perhaps you don’t either.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 11:23:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Apples to oranges.
View Quote

100%.

Who knew some people would get butthurt.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 11:25:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I don’t belong?
View Quote

No offense but read my statement to lampshade.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 4:19:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I think you’re jumping to conclusions based on what I said but let me explain...

He called the G44 a toy gun. Like a Nerf gun or water pistol or....? He’s aware the slide is polymer by design, right? Slide blowback versus just a bolt from a Ruger.

He then proceeds to say he can’t justify paying $400 for a toy gun, that he would rather get a Ruger Mark whatever this or that....which he already has. So why’d he even come here?

As another said, apples to oranges. The G44 is a direct counterpart training aid to a G19 in function, controls, adaptability, and design. I could call the Mark IV an outdated geriatric design but I won....oh wait I did.

But anyway you seem to have forum bi-polar and have your graces with others fluctuate in and out. And to incriminate me for hijacking this thread by documenting my G44 in a ‘torture test?’ I don’t get it. My grandest apologies for not creating a separate thread with accuracy reports, reviews, and so on. It’s not up to me as to whether you belong, I can just state my opinion he doesn’t belong here. And perhaps you don’t either.
View Quote

Geesh,relax. The Glock 44 is a disappointment to me and it feels like a toy.  Sorry no love for the plastic gun.

Link Posted: 5/24/2020 8:55:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A couple of my threads:

LMAO.

[Edited for clarity.]

Mostly I was lightly teasing your Glock 44.  That and I have little brand loyalty anymore.  Smith revolvers and Glock pistols are usually good things.  But other manufactures make good models also.  By buying low and selling high, I've tried a lot of different firearms just for fun, kept very few, resold the rest to folks who liked them, made a few dollars as often as I lost a little money, and know the good ones no matter who makes it.

Taurus has made some odd designs not quite thought out and makes some slick new designs, but with random QC.  The TX22 with a good barrel is a gem and the state of the art for full size duty practice .22LRs.  Its just a shame they sold so many guns with poor quality barrels.

Ruger semi autos are a 70+ year old classic as good today as 1947.    Stretch the range beyond 5-10 yards and you quickly discover a Ruger's value.  Accuracy and near total dependability. A Ruger 22/45 Lite’s aluminum receiver-barrel shroud system, adjustable high quality factory Williams sights, shroud over a tensioned barrel already threaded from the factory, magazines that actually work, and general shoot-ability is real hi-tech.  [Essentially insulting every known Ruger owner does not gain style points by saying, “I could call the Mark IV an outdated geriatric design but I won....oh wait I did.”]

Springfield sells the Croatian centerfire pistols most of which have been clunky In the manner an Army tank is clunky, but the Hellcat is current state of the art.  And it shoots well enough to out point a shooting school instructor the other day who was using a 5" MP9 2.0.

With all the stuff going on in this country now, “belong” and “don't belong“ will get you a sharp response almost anywhere today.  I think we are all Americans and in a mess.  In an era of extreme "them and us," I think a Ruger shooter and a Glock .22LR shooter and a Taurus shooter can all belong.   Shooters should stick together.  What I wrote before was a polite hint.  Perhaps initially too subtle. [The “explain“ was worse than the first try.  Especially when you stick to “he doesn’t belong here. And perhaps you don’t either.“]

[On point for the shooters above:]

As to sub caliber Glock practice, using .22LR Advantage Arms kits on dedicated frames for over 15 years, there is little better practice.  They teach the skills with out the center fire negatives of cost-noise-recoil.  I took turns today with an AA 26 dedicated frame gun and the Hellcat to help my trigger finger think more accurately.  

The G44 is another way to do the same thing used intelligently as a training tool.  Draw-fire-holster-handling practice repetition is just as valuable as shooting with a  9-40-45.  I have no idea why some broke slides with OOB firing, why some are un-zeroable, or why some seem ammo sensitive, which is normal for .22LRs.  If you like one, have brand loyalty, or bought one anyhow, enjoy it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:55:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Delayed update on that squib I experienced a page or so back, while using Blazer 38gr LRN.

5/20...

"We have received the test results from your ammo. We had an issue with the pressures testing where it failed to meet the minimum requirements. At the time of manufacture, the pressure test was within testing parameters.

We then function tested 60 rounds in a Glock 44 pistol (same as yours) and we had 15 failures in failing to feed, extract, eject and cycle.

We will be sending you a check in the amount of $180.00 for the 6 (5 for that which you sent in and one extra)boxes of ammo you sent in for analysis. I cannot send ammo to Illinois due to laws in that state/communities.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for the time and working with us on this issue."

When I asked what would cause the round to initially meet specs at time of manufacture but later on fail during their test AND why I didn't receive a full monetary reimbursement for the entire case ($249 value) of ammunition I had which was garbage....

"The ammo met the product specifications. It was at the lower end of the specifications at the time of manufacture. We did a larger than normal test and the low pressure showed up at this point.

As to getting a lower amount for the ammo, I did amend the check to $210.00. You sent in five boxes. I covered the cost of those five and one extra box due to the number of fail to feed, extract, eject and cycle issues. We normally only pay for the amount of ammo that is sent in. But, I paid for an extra box. I originally had it calculated at five boxes for $180.00, but, I added an extra box."

and...

"We replace only that which you send to us. We can’t count for the rest of the ammo you have used. As it is, I have compensated you with an extra box that you did not send in at the MSRP values.  

As to the compensation of you in a check, I am bound in that manner due to our legal department. It is due to one city in your state that limits me in the shipping of ammo. Our legal beagles have laid down the law that we will not ship ammo to Illinois and several other states.

I’m sorry you don’t agree with the policies set forth. But, that is what we are bound to."

I think that's kinda ridiculous I lost out at least $39 not including shipping and taxes I paid to SGAmmo....when they confirmed my experiences that the ammunition was not meeting spec and causing malfunctions. Let alone, even more BS that within IL (& outside Cook County and Chicago) they can't send me ammunition. Yet they will certainly provide ammunition to the various guns stores / retailers without a problem. Weird...
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 11:14:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Experimenting is always fun.

While the AKT/CCI system insists their bulk Blazer is as good as their boxed by 50, brick by 500, case by 5000, Blazer 40 grain HSRN, I have never believed it.  

They have sold in the past bulk Blazer with a Federal (F) on the case head which was terrible.  They usually sell bulk Blazer 38 grain with the CCI (C) stamp equally inconsistent within the same box.   Neither 38 grain HP bulk has never been as good as the near perfect 50 box 40 grain.

Looking forward to your tests on whether the 44 runs properly when clean and lubed when used with some of the ammo it choked on dirty and dry.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 12:33:46 AM EDT
[#19]
So here's my take so far on the G44.  

I purchased one new last week but didn't get to fire it until yesterday.
Before I fired it I cleaned the barrel and lubricated generously (as I do with all glocks since they come dirty)

My kids and I shot 30 rounds (3 magazines) of CCI mini-mag HP 36 grain  - no failures or jams of any kind.
It was getting dark and I wanted to test how the firearm would function using cheap ammo so I loaded up 30 rounds of mixed 22lr bag ammo that consisted of Remington, Federal, Winchester, Blazer and a couple other types.  The ammo was 5+ years old.
I was really expecting so get some kind of malfunction using this ammo, and despite some fireballs and nasty smell the G44 functioned flawlessly.
I do expect to get a malfunction sooner or later because every 22lr will eventually encounter a dud.

I purchased the G44 because I wanted it to be fun and cheap to shoot, and so far it has been.  

Hope my luck holds out.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 3:51:43 PM EDT
[#20]
My 22lr can arrived yesterday. Which means it's time to get a G44!

Anyone know of a better deal for a FDE G44 than PSA? https://palmettostatearmory.com/glock-g44-22lr-10rd-4-02-pistol-fde-ua4450101fde.html

Link Posted: 6/17/2020 10:58:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
My 22lr can arrived yesterday. Which means it's time to get a G44!

Anyone know of a better deal for a FDE G44 than PSA? https://palmettostatearmory.com/glock-g44-22lr-10rd-4-02-pistol-fde-ua4450101fde.html

View Quote

The FDE variant is sick.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 10:44:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Just got over 3000 rds down mine. I'm still glad I bought it. I finished up the 36 gr 1100 Black Federal bulk pack.
it seems to work better in the warmer weather, only had 1or 2 FTE.
This gun has really impressed me. I've enjoyed getting all the concealed draw reps and I was even able to get it to work in my Micro Roni so there's that...

I picked up a Bulk pack of Winchester 555rd pack at wally world. 36 grain. 1280 FPS velocity
polished off 100 rds, no issues... So I went back and bought 2 more cartons for a total of 1665 rds..

Last time I hesitated and went back, all the bulk .22 was gone. As it was, there were still 7 or 8 boxes left.

Normally I don't purchase Winchester .22, but it works, and was available.

Gun still shoots high for me, I'm waiting on some Gen 5 Ameriglo's to get back in stock, I know that will fix my sight issue once and for all.

Link Posted: 7/31/2020 1:15:43 PM EDT
[#23]
@Harv24 which Ameriglos did you go with again? Not sure if you mentioned it before.

I'm past 15,000 as of now and still stow away the pistol after using it without cleaning or lubricating. I think it's safe to say no matter the degree of accumulated filth, it never ceases to arrest function.
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 6:04:29 PM EDT
[#24]
It was a like new set of Amer-glo's with a florescent orange front.

But I'm going to get a set with the green fluorescent for gen 's.
as these still don't shoot to where I want them

And the gun still runs good....
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 9:54:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It was a like new set of Amer-glo's with a florescent orange front.

But I'm going to get a set with the green fluorescent for gen 's.
as these still don't shoot to where I want them

And the gun still runs good....
View Quote

I didn’t like the orange front translucency either, didn’t seem to pop. Green/yellow is by far easier to pick up, I think you’ll see better shot placement.
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 9:59:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotta agree with you, I just have an advantage arms unit but it does make for decent practice. However, I still have a heck of a lot more fun with my S&W 422 simply because it is such a nice light little semi auto .22 that feels like it fits my hand like it was made for it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 11:05:03 AM EDT
[#27]
I went and handled one at the LGS yesterday. I liked it. Good trainer/alternative for a 19 when 9mm ammo is 40cpr+ in cost.

Was searching around last night online and found a OD Green G44 for $379. That was an easy decision to purchase.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 7:30:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I went and handled one at the LGS yesterday. I liked it. Good trainer/alternative for a 19 when 9mm ammo is 40cpr+ in cost.

Was searching around last night online and found a OD Green G44 for $379. That was an easy decision to purchase.
View Quote

I traded for a Glock 44 back in June.  I wanted more mags as two just weren’t enough.  Aim Surplus has Glock 44 mags in stock for $22.95 so I ordered three.  The mags came in Saturday.  I loaded up all five of my mags with Federal 550 Bulk 36 grain HP.   I blasted my steel plate in the back yard, fifty rounds, no malfunctions.   My Glock 44 has been very reliable and accurate, it’s a keeper.

https://aimsurplus.com/glock-44-22lr-10rd-magazine/
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 9:46:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I traded for a Glock 44 back in June.  I wanted more mags as two just weren’t enough.  Aim Surplus has Glock 44 mags in stock for $22.95 so I ordered three.  The mags came in Saturday.  I loaded up all five of my mags with Federal 550 Bulk 36 grain HP.   I blasted my steel plate in the back yard, fifty rounds, no malfunctions.   My Glock 44 has been very reliable and accurate, it’s a keeper.

https://aimsurplus.com/glock-44-22lr-10rd-magazine/
View Quote

I'm just waiting for someone to redesign a mag to bring the capacity to 15. I'm definitely not complaining about 10rds as of now, but to train as a true comparable to my G19, 15+1 would be legit.

Maybe Shield Arms could take up that venture, it would be funny given they designed a comparable G43X mag which holds more rounds than a OEM Glock lol.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 8:31:31 PM EDT
[#30]
picked it up today

i really like the green frame

also grabbed 3 more mags along with the cheapest 22lr ammo they had for plinking

will shoot it this weekend
Link Posted: 8/20/2020 9:01:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
picked it up today

i really like the green frame

will shoot it this weekend
View Quote

Where'd you find the green frame version?
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 8:51:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Where'd you find the green frame version?
View Quote

Fairly sure its a Cerakote. My shop has got one too.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 12:22:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'm just waiting for someone to redesign a mag to bring the capacity to 15. I'm definitely not complaining about 10rds as of now, but to train as a true comparable to my G19, 15+1 would be legit.

Maybe Shield Arms could take up that venture, it would be funny given they designed a comparable G43X mag which holds more rounds than a OEM Glock lol.
View Quote
Surprisingly the 18 round ProMag magazines for the G44 actually work quite well. I took a gamble on the ProMag's and glad that I did. They have been flawless so far and run just as good as the 10 round OEM mags.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 8:41:34 AM EDT
[#34]
I picked up 3 of the Promags....Have not tried them yet.
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 12:43:26 PM EDT
[#35]
I bought mine at launch. Installed an Overwatch Precision PolyDat trigger, Have Blue sights and extended slide release. I shoot Gemtech subs exclusively out of mine with zero issues. I love this pistol.

Link Posted: 9/13/2020 7:09:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Surprisingly the 18 round ProMag magazines for the G44 actually work quite well. I took a gamble on the ProMag's and glad that I did. They have been flawless so far and run just as good as the 10 round OEM mags.
View Quote

I'm skeptical to try one of them out, how much did you grab one at? Maybe I'll see if I can get one for cheap and give it a go.
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 7:36:15 PM EDT
[#37]
The cheapest place I saw with the 18 round ProMag Glock 44 mag was Gun Mag Warehouse.   I just checked and they show out of stock.  Most other vendors price was about $2 higher per mag.

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/promag-glock-44-22-lr-18-round-magazine.html
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 8:06:32 PM EDT
[#38]
I bought mine from gun mag warehouse.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 10:28:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Got back from the range today. I had loaded up the three Promags to 15 rds when I got them a few weeks ago.
Loaded them in the gun and shot each mag three times. ran with no issues.

Only beef is they are tough to load. the thumb assist on the followers is too small. I find that id you place the bottom of the mag on a becnh and then push down, its not too bad.

for ease of loading the OEM Glock mags are still pretty nice..

Overall, for the price, well worth it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 11:26:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Got back from the range today. I had loaded up the three Promags to 15 rds when I got them a few weeks ago.
Loaded them in the gun and shot each mag three times. ran with no issues.

Only beef is they are tough to load. the thumb assist on the followers is too small. I find that id you place the bottom of the mag on a becnh and then push down, its not too bad.

for ease of loading the OEM Glock mags are still pretty nice..

Overall, for the price, well worth it.
View Quote

I may give one a try, although at this point I can’t see what is holding Glock back from delivering their own 15 round flavor mag. In any event I’m at 16k rounds without cleaning or lubricants. Just wanted to put that out there, to dispel the naysayers who claim the pistols are unreliable.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 10:58:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I may give one a try, although at this point I can't see what is holding Glock back from delivering their own 15 round flavor mag. In any event I'm at 16k rounds without cleaning or lubricants. Just wanted to put that out there, to dispel the naysayers who claim the pistols are unreliable.
View Quote
I say give the ProMag magazines a try. Mine have works just as good as the OEM mags.

I can't wait to get my Nelson Precision 44X RMR Slide so I can mount a RDS on my G44.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 12:16:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Is they a fixed sight or night sight option that shoots to point of aim?
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 10:30:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
You can use Gen 5 sights on the G44. They will be metal versus polymer. Some have had issues with metal sights shaving material off the dovetail groove while others have not. As far as POA/POI, you will have to figure out what height you need. Rear sights come in different heights.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 11:09:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
You can use Gen 5 sights on the G44. They will be metal versus polymer. Some have had issues with metal sights shaving material off the dovetail groove while others have not. As far as POA/POI, you will have to figure out what height you need. Rear sights come in different heights.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So nobody has figured out a sight combo yet for say 40Gn standard velocity ammo?
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 12:15:22 PM EDT
[#45]
It's the same for any Glock, changing either the front or rear sight height will change POI no matter what caliber it is.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 12:22:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
It's the same for any Glock, changing either the front or rear sight height will change POI no matter what caliber it is.
View Quote

Of course.

That said, the vast majority of centerfire Glocks are well regulated and shoot to point of aim with their fixed sights.

The lack of 44 fixed sight sets on the market, at least implies, that either 22LR ammo has such dramatically different POI from one brand and weight to the next that fixed sights won’t work, or that nobody has got around to figuring it out yet.

Does that clear up the question?
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 1:25:39 PM EDT
[#47]
My G44 sight in experience was similar to most...
I could not get the rear sight low enough. my POI was still high.
Those damn European's like a 6'Oclock hold.... I do not

I want to place the center of my green front dot in the center of the target...(Black rear)
So I ordered some Gen 4's... better, but still my groups were high...

The Gen 4 front is a .165" high

I just pulled the trigger on some .180" high Ameriglo front sight in Green/green (My favorite)

So that should do the trick.

Leave it to Glock to fuck yup something simple like there sights.

It works out for me, because now I have a spare Green/green I can put on my Gen 3 G17....
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 1:31:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
My G44 sight in experience was similar to most...
I could not get the rear sight low enough. my POI was still high.
Those damn European's like a 6'Oclock hold.... I do not

I want to place the center of my green front dot in the center of the target...(Black rear)
So I ordered some Gen 4's... better, but still my groups were high...

The Gen 4 front is a .165" high

I just pulled the trigger on some .180" high Ameriglo front sight in Green/green (My favorite)

So that should do the trick.

Leave it to Glock to fuck yup something simple like there sights.

It works out for me, because now I have a spare Green/green I can put on my Gen 3 G17....
View Quote

Thank you. Once you work it all out let us know the right combination
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 6:02:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Of course.

That said, the vast majority of centerfire Glocks are well regulated and shoot to point of aim with their fixed sights.

The lack of 44 fixed sight sets on the market, at least implies, that either 22LR ammo has such dramatically different POI from one brand and weight to the next that fixed sights won't work, or that nobody has got around to figuring it out yet.

Does that clear up the question?
View Quote
Actually one of the main reasons that you do not see aftermarket sights for the G44 is because of the polymer slide. And manufacturers don't want the liability of slides being damaged by their sights. If the steel sight is very tight fitting to the dovetail groove, it can shave off material and also put extra stress on the slide.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 6:58:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Do those with POI issues have the same problem with a stock G19?

My G44 and G19.5 hit in the same spot.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top