Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 7:49:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Attachment Attached File

One of mine showed up today, totally unexpected.  I never got a shipping notice.  Ordered Jan. 24th.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 8:40:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/121158/20201103_183213_jpg-1668094.JPG

One of mine showed up today, totally unexpected.  I never got a shipping notice.  Ordered Jan. 24th.
View Quote
Nice. Maybe I'll get mine before Christmas. I ordered in late February.
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 10:17:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I sure hope mine shows up before Jan 20, or I most likely won't get it.
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 12:00:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's to hoping that once they get the mold up and running, they can bang them out in bigger numbers.  I know they want to sell one to everyone that wants one and they know they have lost sales to P80 frames.  I want one of these but won't order until I know they are flowing.  But I do think it'll be like the P80 frames, once it gets out there and initial rush is over, you will be able to pick these up pretty easy.  And at that point, it will be a matter of waiting until the next sale to get one.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 12:21:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Anyone seen OD frames shipped?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 12:22:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I sure hope mine shows up before Jan 20, or I most likely won't get it.
View Quote

Scary thought, but probably right.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 5:29:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Anyone seen OD frames shipped?
Thanks.
View Quote

I have one on order but my order was placed until July.   I am thinking that I may never see it.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 11:29:02 AM EDT
[#8]
I started working on my GST-9 this morning and ran into some problems.  The front portion of the locking block sits higher than the rear portion.  As a result, the slide also higher at the muzzle end than the rear.  A bare slide (no barrel and RSA) doesn't bind all that much, but I do have to lift up on the back of the slide to get it onto the rear rails.  Checking with feeler gauges, the gap between the slide and frame at the muzzle is about .045" and the rear is about .025".  

The holes in the locking block line up very well with the holes drilled in the frame.  In the second picture below, you can see that the locking block doesn't rest flush against the contour of the frame.  I'm not sure if that's normal, or if it speaks to this particular issue.  Would one of y'all that has an assembled GST-9 frame mind checking this area and posting a pic?

The other issue I encountered is that the RSA channel is on the small side.  Initially I couldn't get an assembled slide (with barrel and RSA) on the frame, because the RSA was catching on the leading edge of the channel.  I beveled and smoothed the base of the guide rod and was finally able to get the slide assembly on the frame, but it's still rather difficult.  It's so tight that movement of the recoil spring during hand cycling is shaving material off of the frame.  The channel isn't tight in just one spot, but the whole length.  I'm certain this thing won't cycle properly during live fire as is.  

It probably won't be too difficult to open up the RSA channel; well, except for the rearmost section.  However, I'm not happy with the locking block (and slide) being so catawampus.  Quite disappointing after the wait and claims of quality assurance.

Link Posted: 11/8/2020 12:57:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I started working on my GST-9 this morning and ran into some problems.  The front portion of the locking block sits higher than the rear portion.  As a result, the slide also higher at the muzzle end than the rear.  A bare slide (no barrel and RSA) doesn't bind all that much, but I do have to lift up on the back of the slide to get it onto the rear rails.  Checking with feeler gauges, the gap between the slide and frame at the muzzle is about .045" and the rear is about .025".  

The holes in the locking block line up very well with the holes drilled in the frame.
View Quote

Just curious, I assume you have, but have you completely assembled it with the trigger pin inserted through the locking block? I don't see it install in your photos. Just wonder if the rear end of the locking block is sitting lower in the frame but might be raised up a little once the trigger pin is installed.
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 8:45:39 AM EDT
[#10]
I think he’s right, if you zoom in on the first pic it looks like the trigger pin hole is particularly blocked something.
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 11:26:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just curious, I assume you have, but have you completely assembled it with the trigger pin inserted through the locking block? I don't see it install in your photos. Just wonder if the rear end of the locking block is sitting lower in the frame but might be raised up a little once the trigger pin is installed.
View Quote

It's the same completely assembled.  I took the pictures after disassembling it to check over the parts individually, and just put the front pin back in as that seemed to be the trouble spot.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 1:03:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Finally got my shipping notice today.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 9:02:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Finally got my shipping notice today.  
View Quote
@Buckeye67 - when did you order?
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 9:42:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Just saw this update on the 5D Tactical website (still a little surprised they are taking pre-orders for 80% Arms based on this timeline). So, extrapolating on the pre-order dates and projected delivery goals described here... if you ordered this past summer, it may ship sometime in late 2022.

GST-9 ORDERS - UPDATED 11/13/2020
We're excited to report that the upgrades in our injection molding process have allowed us to significantly boost our production capacity of GST-9 frames. Many of you have already received a shipping notification. We surpassed our last shipping goal AGAIN and are now working on February orders. We’re excited to see the acceleration in output, and it’s only getting better!

All GST-9 Frame orders placed by February 15th will be shipped by November 20th!

All GST-9 Frame orders placed by February 28th will be shipped by December 4th!

Orders will be filled even more quickly than previously demonstrated with higher production capacity. We will continue to release updated shipping timelines to keep you informed.

Additional updates on March orders to follow soon!

We are anxiously waiting for these updates along with you but we are excited at the progress that is being made and look forward to seeing everyone's orders being fulfilled!

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 2:19:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Just saw this update on the 5D Tactical website (still a little surprised they are taking pre-orders for 80% Arms based on this timeline). So, extrapolating on the pre-order dates and projected delivery goals described here... if you ordered this past summer, it may ship sometime in late 2022.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

We're excited to report that the upgrades in our injection molding process have allowed us to significantly boost our production capacity of GST-9 frames. Many of you have already received a shipping notification. We surpassed our last shipping goal AGAIN and are now working on February orders. We're excited to see the acceleration in output, and it's only getting better!

All GST-9 Frame orders placed by February 15th will be shipped by November 20th!

Orders will be filled even more quickly than previously demonstrated with higher production capacity. We will continue to release updated shipping timelines to keep you informed.

We are anxiously waiting for these updates along with you but we are excited at the progress that is being made and look forward to seeing everyone's orders being fulfilled!

Merry Christmas to me?

Link Posted: 11/19/2020 9:08:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
@Buckeye67 - when did you order?
View Quote

February 9th
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 9:23:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I have one on order but my order was placed until July.   I am thinking that I may never see it.
View Quote

I have one placed at the end of Jun and one mid July....

que up..

betterlucknextyear.jpg
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 9:45:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

We're excited to report that the upgrades in our injection molding process have allowed us to significantly boost our production capacity of GST-9 frames. Many of you have already received a shipping notification. We surpassed our last shipping goal AGAIN and are now working on February orders. We’re excited to see the acceleration in output, and it’s only getting better!

I guess I am confused but doesn't take much.  Based on the bolded dates in your quoted section it seems that all orders are 8 months and a few days behind and keeping that schedule (limited data sample given though).  If you ordered this past summer I would expect some time in the spring especially if the "company pat on the back in production" that is underlined is true (yet to be seen).  What am I missing besides reading beyond the first page and coming here to see any progress on shipping dates?

ETA...I also would assume for people like me that don't normally carry a glock and said fuck it and ordered the GST-9 package would ship around that same time frame as the GST-9 frames only?
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 12:24:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I guess I am confused but doesn't take much.  Based on the bolded dates in your quoted section it seems that all orders are 8 months and a few days behind and keeping that schedule (limited data sample given though).  If you ordered this past summer I would expect some time in the spring especially if the "company pat on the back in production" that is underlined is true (yet to be seen).  What am I missing besides reading beyond the first page and coming here to see any progress on shipping dates?
View Quote

Sorry, I was exaggerating quite a bit, just making light of the ongoing delays. I really hope that their efforts to ramp up their production pay off, but just looking at the dates they projected in that update I quoted, unless they continue full speed ahead through the holidays, they're going to see a lag in deliveries just in the weeks after those shipping estimates they offered. I wish them well, but just seeing all the frustration here from people who pre-ordered these months ago, they have a lot of ground to make up.

On a side note, Mrgng got his:

80 Percent Arms GST-9: Shipped Right To Your House ????
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 11:45:07 AM EDT
[#20]
So did Kentucky Ballistic and marine gun builder..... funny how that works.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 7:18:53 PM EDT
[#21]
I ordered on Feb. 25th and received this earlier today.

Link Posted: 11/26/2020 12:11:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Ordered my black frame Feb 21st,  recieved my shipping notification today.  Whoop whoop
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 1:26:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Cool. Maybe I’ll get mine for Christmas.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 1:47:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Cool. Maybe I’ll get mine for Christmas.
View Quote

Same here, I ordered Apr 5th. They seem to have really ramped up shipping, and I hope they have the bugs worked out by now.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 2:07:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The holes in the locking block line up very well with the holes drilled in the frame.  In the second picture below, you can see that the locking block doesn't rest flush against the contour of the frame.  I'm not sure if that's normal, or if it speaks to this particular issue.  Would one of y'all that has an assembled GST-9 frame mind checking this area and posting a pic?

https://photos.smugmug.com/Guns-Stuff/Handguns/GST9/i-zvXxGFq/0/ef345bd3/L/GST9a-L.png

https://photos.smugmug.com/Guns-Stuff/Handguns/GST9/i-ZXvzt3b/0/18a09c13/L/GST9b-L.png

The other issue I encountered is that the RSA channel is on the small side.  Initially I couldn't get an assembled slide (with barrel and RSA) on the frame, because the RSA was catching on the leading edge of the channel.  I beveled and smoothed the base of the guide rod and was finally able to get the slide assembly on the frame, but it's still rather difficult.  It's so tight that movement of the recoil spring during hand cycling is shaving material off of the frame.  The channel isn't tight in just one spot, but the whole length.  I'm certain this thing won't cycle properly during live fire as is.  

It probably won't be too difficult to open up the RSA channel; well, except for the rearmost section.  However, I'm not happy with the locking block (and slide) being so catawampus.  Quite disappointing after the wait and claims of quality assurance.

View Quote
While I have not done a GST-9 build. I have done plenty of Polymer 80 and a Strike 80 builds.

For your front rail, make sure that it is sitting level with the frame for starters. Sometimes you need to do some hand fitting to get the front rail to sit level.
Attachment Attached File

Once you have the front rail level, you sometimes have to take the frame with rails installed to a honing stone (without any other parts) to level the front and back rails.

The videos by Marine Gun Builder are a big help when it comes to doing a 80% build no matter which brand frame you use.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 9:43:59 PM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:51:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I started working on my GST-9 this morning and ran into some problems.  The front portion of the locking block sits higher than the rear portion.  As a result, the slide also higher at the muzzle end than the rear.  ...

[....  However, I'm not happy with the locking block (and slide) being so catawampus.  Quite disappointing after the wait and claims of quality assurance.

View Quote

I’ve seen the same thing with a factory Glock slide. There was also a lot of play at the front of the slide. With it resting normally, with no magazine inserted, the trigger would not break until it was completely pressed all the way back as far as it could go, and even then it broke almost after a brief pause at the farthest point rearward. It seems like the trigger bar was just pushing the slide up rather than releasing the striker.

When the front of the slide was held down closer to the frame, the trigger broke completely normally.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 2:39:38 PM EDT
[#28]

@grondike what was your order date?
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 4:18:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

@lorazepam - I ordered on Feb 25th and it shipped last week.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 5:49:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope I see mine by christmas.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 4:48:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Got mine about two weeks ago and am having problems with the build.  I've done a few P80's without any issues, but this is the first GST-9 I've done.

Got the frame finished off without any issue.  Drilled the holes correctly (before removing tabs and drilled from one side only before flipping the jig and doing the other side).  I can insert the forward locking block without much issue.  It pretty much drops about half way in then can be pushed down the rest of the way by hand with some moderate force.

Once installed, I can throw a slide on there and it slides on and moves without issue.  If I then remove the slide and insert the locking block pin and trigger pins then try to put the slide on it sits too low for the rear slide rails.  Once those pins are installed, the front of the locking block appears to sit higher than the rear of the locking block.

I've tried polishing the rails to no avail.  And I've started trying to file down / round corners on the lower edges of the locking block.  Before I get too into that, I figured I'd ask around on here to see if anyone else has a frame yet and is having issues.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 5:06:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Got mine about two weeks ago and am having problems with the build.  I've done a few P80's without any issues, but this is the first GST-9 I've done.

Got the frame finished off without any issue.  Drilled the holes correctly (before removing tabs and drilled from one side only before flipping the jig and doing the other side).  I can insert the forward locking block without much issue.  It pretty much drops about half way in then can be pushed down the rest of the way by hand with some moderate force.

Once installed, I can throw a slide on there and it slides on and moves without issue.  If I then remove the slide and insert the locking block pin and trigger pins then try to put the slide on it sits too low for the rear slide rails.  Once those pins are installed, the front of the locking block appears to sit higher than the rear of the locking block.

I've tried polishing the rails to no avail.  And I've started trying to file down / round corners on the lower edges of the locking block.  Before I get too into that, I figured I'd ask around on here to see if anyone else has a frame yet and is having issues.
View Quote
I doubt you did anything wrong based on my experience with these frames. Reach out to their customer service and they will take care of you.

Link Posted: 12/13/2020 9:29:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Horseshit, Poly80 still sells the jig, frame and rails in one unit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks nice

Saw this gem, gotta love the ATF and changing "rules" on the fly

Due to recently changed ATF regulations, we cannot legally include the jig or frame rails with the GST-9 frame. The jig and GST-9 frame must be purchased on our website as two separate items.

Horseshit, Poly80 still sells the jig, frame and rails in one unit.

Well, this aged well now that the ATF raided Polymer80 regarding the buy build shoot kits for exactly this reason. ??
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 10:02:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Here is where you want to sand on the front block to get it to stall the way down and level.

Attachment Attached File

Also watch the Marine Gun Builder videos, they will help. If after trying all the hand fitting and the rail still is not level, contact 80% for a new rail.

Link Posted: 12/15/2020 6:22:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Well, this aged well now that the ATF raided Polymer80 regarding the buy build shoot kits for exactly this reason. ??
View Quote

No, the ATF targeted the Buy Build Shoot kits that include a slide, barrel, and all other required parts, in addition to the frame. They have not been confiscating or challenging the basic frame kits themselves to date. That could certainly change, but the Buy Build Shoot kits are being treated differently than the original Polymer 80 frame kits at this point.

It’s unfortunately not surprising that the ATF made a different determination about Polymer80’s frame kit vs. the 80% Arms kit, as far as including the jig and tools. Probably two different field offices...
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 11:58:29 PM EDT
[#36]
80% has always sold the jig kit separately, from the beginning.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 5:59:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Do offer these as complete frames with serial numbers?
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 1:21:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Has anyone else received their order recently?   Just trying to determine how they are progressing.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 1:48:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Has anyone else received their order recently?   Just trying to determine how they are progressing.
View Quote

Just got an email with my shipping notification today.  I placed my order on March 20, 2020.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 5:59:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Bump for progress of back orders
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 6:46:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Ordered in 4/3, no shipped email yet.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 8:05:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Ordered in 4/3, no shipped email yet.
View Quote

Order from MDX.  I got a kit in a couple of weeks. Do not order their LPK. It is total shit. They were good but now it's the cheap ass Chicom stuff you get on Ebay

I have one right now that has a messed up trigger bar. I had to order an OEM Glock trigger bar to get it too run.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 4:18:22 PM EDT
[#43]
@wesintx
Have you gotten a shipping notice yet?
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 4:42:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Nothing yet.....
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 7:24:52 PM EDT
[#45]
I have one ordered 4/2 and another on 5/15. I'm hoping to see that shipping email any time now...
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 8:43:10 PM EDT
[#46]
They haven't updated the status page since Dec 8.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 8:08:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Just got shipping email. Ordered 4/3
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 11:21:11 PM EDT
[#48]
@wesintx, cool.  Hopefully mine will ship soon.  

Did you order just the frame and jig?  Or were there more items?   I have the frame, a slide, and av few other little parts, I'm hoping one of the little parts doesn't hold up the whole order.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 7:55:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Just an FDE frame and jig.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 1:12:04 PM EDT
[#50]
I got shipping confirmation Jan. 9th, ordered it on the "pre-order" list last April 10th.
I was wondering and boom, it is on the way.
Time flies.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top