Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 6:12:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I preorder two.  It's no big deal to wait considering the circumstances.  I thank God I still have a job to afford to buy toys.  Some of you come off as whiners.
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 11:42:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Do these take 19 or 17 parts?
I have one g17 parts kit left and might wait for one of these if it will work.
Or do another poly 80.
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 10:13:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Here is a copy of an e-mail I received 2 June. They claimed the end of July for fulfillment. Any fulfillment? How about any contact from the company? The silence is deafening.

Dear Valued Customers,
We are excited to announce that we are continuing to ship GST-9 products this week after working through some supplier issues related to COVID-19. We wanted to provide everyone with more clarity on when they can expect their orders.
We are anticipating the rate of fulfillment increasing dramatically, and all 2020 Preorders will be shipped by the end of July.
While we were excited to have started shipping in Spring 2020 despite the lockdowns and supply chain disruptions, COVID-19 has impacted some of our suppliers harder than they or we anticipated. While we have backup suppliers, even they were affected by extreme demand and shutdowns in recent weeks. We are seeing the gears turn now and believe the major delay issues have been resolved. We cannot express enough our appreciation to our customers who have been so patient during this process.
Thank you,
The 80% Arms Team
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 9:08:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I thought it was really interesting to see that 5D Tactical is listing the GST-9 for sale on their website:

80 Percent Glock Compatible Parts

The GST-9 product listing includes the 80% Arms disclaimer:

Backorder Information: The GST-9 began shipping to customers on May 14th, 2020. Due to overwhelming demand for the GST-9 during our pre-order sale, we have an enormous waiting list of customers who are waiting to receive their pre-orders. 80% Arms is manufacturing GST-9s at maximum capacity and we are shipping orders from oldest-newest. If you have placed an order, it will ship in the order it was received. New orders will be shipped as soon as we finish shipping all pre-orders.
View Quote

Seems pretty risky on 5D Tactical's part to stake their otherwise great reputation on the unknown schedule of 80% Arms' production and shipping.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 5:13:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry guys but with the gun market the way it is, an election year, and global supply issues, you guys are never going to get your hands on this thing
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 8:08:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone get their frame recently?  The only thing I’ve seen from the company is a bunch of emails trying to sell me other stuff.
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 9:04:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I got this response a few days ago.
Bite n' my lip and trying to be patient. I'll give them a bit longer.....

Thank you for reaching out to us and we do apologize for the delayed response.

As promised, we began shipping pre-orders from oldest to newest during Spring of 2020, with the earliest orders going out May 14th. We followed up in June with an email stating that all orders would be out by the end of July.

We had given that estimate during a time when the country was opening back up, pandemic cases were dropping, and restrictions were being lifted. Unfortunately, the shutdowns have continued longer than expected and continue to affect our supply chain more than anticipated. We continue to ship, but limitations in capacity for some components are slowing our ability to fulfill orders at an acceptable rate.

We aren't happy with the lead times either, believe us. We have had a stellar relationship in the industry for closing in on a decade now, and we don't want to see that damaged. We are doing everything possible to get these orders out the door as soon as we can! We are continuously making strides to rectify the capacity constraints including new machines, additional personnel, and around the clock operation, I know these are just words and they do little to make the situation better for you. I hope we can demonstrate to you we are indeed a 5-star company.

While we work endlessly to improve these capacity limitations, we refuse to sacrifice quality for quantity. We have built a great reputation in the industry by putting out quality products, and always standing behind them. That isn't going to change now.

The good news. We think we’ve cracked the supply chain issues that have led us to produce at a trickle of what we expected, and get us to a solid stream. We believe we will finally produce in the thousands each week by September. That means all orders will be caught up very quickly. Again, quality is of the utmost importance to us and if we don’t find the quality acceptable, we will let you know. We can’t allow anything to go out the door that won’t be a gun for life.

If you would like more detailed information on why things took so long we have posted more information on our website
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 7:35:53 AM EDT
[#8]
So have they caught up on back orders yet.  If not, what’s the current wait time?
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 8:25:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So have they caught up on back orders yet.  If not, what’s the current wait time?
View Quote

My order placed on 12/28/19 has not been shipped.

Link Posted: 9/19/2020 11:03:00 AM EDT
[#10]
It seems that the GTS-9 is vaporware. A lot of guys on the Marine Gun Builder forum do not have anything nice to say about 80% Arms and their customer service. a Lot of people have asked to refunds and have to fight to get their money back.Plus there is a lack of communications from 80% Arms.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 11:32:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine was nearly a month earlier...crickets.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 12:46:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure from reading this thread if anyone's order has shipped, other than a couple people who seem to have gotten early samples. It's not like a couple people have reported receiving their order each month since they first announced they were shipping. It seems like a couple received frames right at the beginning, and then no one since.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 2:11:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I can understand why folks are a bit angry, I really do. I am also not defending 80% either, but there are some factors that some people need to take in to consideration.

1) Most folks who ordered, knew it was a pre-order for an untested product. There is ALWAYS going to be a delay in such a product, ALWAYS.
2) The covid-19 non-sense has had unprecedented affect on supply chain logistics and manufacturing companies.
3) Not to mention the current political climate.

Now, again, I am not defending 80% at all, but I can also understand their frustration during this odd world we are living in now.

That said, the folks who experiencing poor CS from 80%, cancelling orders and getting refunds etc., that is truly a sad thing to see happen. But again, I am sure 80% was/is getting conflicting responses from the small parts vendors they are dealing with as well.

Sure, in a perfect world 80% would make all their components "in house", but like many they don't and are at the mercy of others.

For me, the money is already spent, it isn't a huge amount of money to begin with and I am a patient man.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 2:15:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I can understand why folks are a bit angry, I really do. I am also not defending 80% either, but there are some factors that some people need to take in to consideration.

1) Most folks who ordered, knew it was a pre-order for an untested product. There is ALWAYS going to be a delay in such a product, ALWAYS.
2) The covid-19 non-sense has had unprecedented affect on supply chain logistics and manufacturing companies.
3) Not to mention the current political climate.

Now, again, I am not defending 80% at all, but I can also understand their frustration during this odd world we are living in now.

That said, the folks who experiencing poor CS from 80%, cancelling orders and getting refunds etc., that is truly a sad thing to see happen. But again, I am sure 80% was/is getting conflicting responses from the small parts vendors they are dealing with as well.

Sure, in a perfect world 80% would make all their components "in house", but like many they don't and are at the mercy of others.

For me, the money is already spent, it isn't a huge amount of money to begin with and I am a patient man.
View Quote

Yup, same here. If it ever ships, cool. If it never does and I get my money back, cool. If it never does and I don’t, uncool.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 2:59:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yup, same here. If it ever ships, cool. If it never does and I get my money back, cool. If it never does and I don’t, uncool.
View Quote

lol

You said it better, with fewer words.

I suck.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 3:11:12 AM EDT
[#16]
GST-9 ORDERS - UPDATED 9/17/2020
After considerable time on quality checks and process improvements, we have resumed production from our mold. However, we are not satisfied with the output, which is much slower than we anticipated. We are completing a run to satisfy all 2019 orders, but will then make additional modifications to the mold and fixturing process to improve the speed (not the quality, which is already good per our testing). We are making some additional modifications but the good news is:

We have resumed shipping, GST-9s including build kits!

We are obviously weary of over-promising and under-delivering given our difficulties ramping up production demand thus far, but we believe the oldest orders should all be satisfied from the existing run of units within a few weeks.

I cancelled my order so ya all got bumped up. It was always one excuse or another. Vendor issues, mold redesign. Issues on the new mold. Fuck em. I bought a strike industries frame instead. It's a polymer 80 with slightly different ergos. At least I didn't have to try and sell the parts I acquired already for the GST build.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 8:02:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Lol

I got a shipping notification email today.

Link Posted: 10/5/2020 8:45:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Lol

I got a shipping notification email today.

View Quote

Interdasting!

I have a late January and a late April order.  This gives me slightly renewed hope that I might actually get one of them.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 12:24:20 PM EDT
[#19]
From their website yesterday:

GST-9 ORDERS - UPDATED 10/5/2020 After considerable time on quality checks and process improvements, we have resumed production from our mold. However, we are not satisfied with the output, which is much slower than we anticipated. We are completing a run to satisfy all 2019 orders, but will then make additional modifications to the mold and fixturing process to improve the speed (not the quality, which is already good per our testing). We are making some additional modifications but the good news is:

We have resumed shipping, GST-9s including build kits!

I ordered in June.  There's probably very little chance I will see it before next spring.

-----------------------------
ETA: This notification doesn't appear to have any new information.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 2:22:06 PM EDT
[#20]
OMFG! ....emphasizing the "F"
Just got a shipping notice w/ tracking from them! Tracking says delivery Oct. 8

Fingers crossed ????
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 2:26:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Oh, and I ordered Dec.6 2019

??
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 8:52:54 PM EDT
[#22]
I was about to give up hope.  Let’s see if y’all get them and how you like them.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 10:36:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I was about to give up hope.  Let’s see if y’all get them and how you like them.
View Quote

Mine is due to arrive on the 9th, Friday.

That said, I do NOT have any of the parts to finish a build with it.

I will do some online shopping this weekend and try and get parts on the way.
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 2:12:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Mine is due to arrive on the 9th, Friday.

That said, I do NOT have any of the parts to finish a build with it.

I will do some online shopping this weekend and try and get parts on the way.
View Quote
Slides, barrels, and slide parts kits are everywhere but frame parts kits were very sparse last I checked.
I had to go to fleabay to get one and paid about $30 more than usual but I didn't cry about it. I should have stocked up when parts cheap and plentiful.
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 3:25:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Check the Karri's Guns site.  They have G19 lower kits in stock for $60.  I bought a couple for P80 builds when the price was only $40 and the quality is pretty decent.  The trigger return springs seem a little weak, but it doesn't cost much to get an extra power spring.

E-bone has what are advertised as OEM Glock kits for about a C-note.
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 5:53:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Check the Karri's Guns site.  They have G19 lower kits in stock for $60.  I bought a couple for P80 builds when the price was only $40 and the quality is pretty decent.  The trigger return springs seem a little weak, but it doesn't cost much to get an extra power spring.

E-bone has what are advertised as OEM Glock kits for about a C-note.
View Quote
Good find.
Links:
PF940C
PF940V2
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 5:00:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Mine came  in the 7th, a day early ??

I dont have a pic yet. But it is the tan version. Seems a bit on the grey side of tan. Going to have to do alot of de-burring with a razor knife to get to my perfect standards. But I had to do that on the P80's too. So no worries.
On vacation in California right now so I'll be building it later this coming week.
Everything seem good to go so far.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 11:37:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Anyone else get theirs, yet?

Link Posted: 10/12/2020 12:20:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Anyone else get theirs, yet?

https://i.imgur.com/iIhnJS2.jpg
View Quote

Got mine. Looks very nice but I don’t have the parts to finish it yet so it’ll sit for a while.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 6:08:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Seems like this thread died due to lack of product getting to anyone.

But if anyone cares....
I did the last 20% and put mine together. Things that caught my attention.

1...clean up of castings and burs wasn't so bad.
2...much easier on the last 20% than a P80. (not knockin' P80, luv all mine)
3...did not have to modify, polish, straighten or tweak anything. Smooth as butter from the first slide rack!!!
4...rear metal rail/slide guide is questionably soft.  Be careful driving the pin through, that holds all that stuff down in the back. We'll see if it wears, long term test??
5...grip angle is straighter than both Glock and P80...probably 2 degrees straighter.

I give it a 10 on ease of build. Hope it shoots good. I'll find out this weekend....

Link Posted: 10/14/2020 11:39:25 PM EDT
[#31]
I ordered two. I cancelled one a few months back. I cancelled the 2nd one a few days ago. I ordered a Polymer80 from another vendor that showed as in stock. They haven't shipped it yet either.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 5:42:39 AM EDT
[#32]
I got my shipping notice a few days ago.  According to USPS I should have the 2 I ordered tomorrow.

Now I have to find some slides and lower parts
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 2:51:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I got my shipping notice a few days ago.  According to USPS I should have the 2 I ordered tomorrow.

View Quote

When was your order placed?
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 3:16:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

22 Dec 2019
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 10:27:41 AM EDT
[#35]
The lower is done, just waiting on the slide/parts to finish it out.

Mine will be a simple build.
1) Aim nitride slide and small parts.
2) Griffin ATM barrel, it comes with a comp.
3) Ameriglo Hackthorn sights.
4) Overwatch poly-dat trigger.
5) Using the tall grip module, for G17 mags, I have a lot of those!

Compared to the P80 frame, the GST is easier to finish out. IMHO
Grip contour and angle is better than the P80. Again, IMHO.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 2:04:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Got mine and finished the FDE one.  It is even faster to complete than a P80.  and the P80 is hardly difficult.  Took the slide off one of my P80 builds and slapped it in place.

Fired 2 mags thru it using a ETS mag and a Magpul mag and 142gr handloads.

Zero malfunctions and was able to hit the dueling tree steel target each time.

Link Posted: 10/21/2020 5:11:08 PM EDT
[#37]
I got mine the other day.  I can get the bare slide on but the barrel lug gets caught on the slide lock lever and the locking block by a wide margin.  See pics.  Please help guys.  Thanks
It is a:
GST-9
g19 Swenson slide
combat armory match grade barrel
glock factory LPK

Link Posted: 10/21/2020 5:39:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Mine with glock OEM  return spring was flawless, locking slide on.
I bought a stainless rod return spring set up and it didnt want to get past where your is hanging up. The return spring has 2 spots where it notches in on the barrel, go to the deeper one, grease it up (where barrel touches locking block). When sliding th slide into position,  manipulate the slide release down a bit and see if it goes back all the way. Mine did, and it's been good since. Hopefully this works for you.
I think the back of my stainless return spring rod is a teeny bit bigger diameter than OEM, and that was my hang up?
You could also verify by leaving the spring out and putting barrel/slide on while holding gun upside down...
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 5:42:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Noticing your pics...
Also, make sure your  barrel is all the way back and up in your slide....while your sliding it on.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 8:10:25 PM EDT
[#40]
FatFrd00
I can get the bare slide on but the barrel lug gets caught on the slide lock lever and the locking block by a wide margin
View Quote

If your still have a problem getting the slide to go on, pull down on the Slide Lock while putting on the slide.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 9:38:20 PM EDT
[#41]
My Dremel skills are high...ha!

Link Posted: 10/25/2020 7:46:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Damn, I really want one these in black, G19 size.  I just don’t want to place an order and wait a year or more...
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 8:30:09 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
My Dremel skills are high...ha!

https://i.imgur.com/9kPbA5V.jpg
View Quote

Nice
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 8:55:56 AM EDT
[#44]
Does anybody make a Glock 43 80% frame?
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 9:47:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Poly 80 and the Glock store make the SS80 that are G43 size.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 11:03:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Poly 80 and the Glock store make the SS80 that are G43 size.
View Quote

thanks!
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 11:48:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Does anybody make a Glock 43 80% frame?
View Quote
As answered you have two choices. The Glock Store SS80 frame and the Polymer 80 PF9SS frame. Good luck trying to find either one in stock right now, let alone the parts and slide to finish the build.

I did build one using the SS80 frame using all OEM Glock slide and parts and it turned out well.

To keep on track with the thread

I'm glad to see that people are finally starting to get the GTS-9 frames. I was seriously beginning to wonder if they would ever ship.
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 3:28:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Every time I get a marketing email from them, I respond back with an email asking for a status on my order. They have always responded, sometimes it takes them a week or so, but they cannot give a time frame for my April 2 order. They did assure me that all the pre orders will be shipped before any regular orders, and that they are now shipping orders placed in 2020.
It seems they are trying, and are at least still responding to emails. The last one actually referenced my order number without me giving it to them. I am going to wait it out, it looks like a very nice frame, that will work in standard glock holsters.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 3:46:44 PM EDT
[#49]
I am overlooking something simple,  but why is the trigger not breaking?
ETA: my trigger spring is correct., resembling an "s"
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 3:08:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Purchased on Jan 19, 2020.  Shipping label created Oct 30, 2020.  

We'll see when it actually hits the USPS system.

Actually enroute, delivery next week.

Arrived 11/2.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top