Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 2:36:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’m also leaning towards some sort of non reciprocating red dot. Looking at the SJC Micro dot mount: https://stores.sjcguns.com/sjc-micro-dot-mount-for-glocks/ I’ll get the Flux first and mount it up then see how much space there really is between the arms of the brace and the Glock frame when closed. (Or could someone take a picture/measure?) I know I’m probably defeating the purpose of “compact pdw” by hanging more stuff on it that sticks out...
View Quote
I think they really missed out by not making it have a "hood" over the rear part that the slide would run under, for red dots.  I'd happily knock the rear sight off for that.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 2:51:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I think they really missed out by not making it have a "hood" over the rear part that the slide would run under, for red dots.  I'd happily knock the rear sight off for that.
View Quote
i was thinking this recently. I figure they will eventually do something like that.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 3:23:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
i was thinking this recently. I figure they will eventually do something like that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmm, interesting Idea. would that be too close to your eyes though? I mean the red dot on the slide would get back there during recoil but would be more forward for aiming.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 3:26:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Hmm, interesting Idea. would that be too close to your eyes though? I mean the red dot on the slide would get back there during recoil but would be more forward for aiming.
View Quote
It's what B&T has done with their USW and glock kit. :shrug:
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 9:09:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I dont think it would be a problem. Maybe you would need a smaller dot.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 9:58:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I finally got a chance to shoot mine yesterday.  No, it's not as comfortable as a scorpion, but it's way easier to carry, drastically improves accuracy, and it takes glock mags.

I just need to get a red dot mounted.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 7:23:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
a slide mounted red dot is fine. You wont even notice it moving as the slide reciprocates. Slides move quick and it's a very steady setup. This is theory crafting, go shoot one and you will know a slide mounted dot is fine.
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 6:00:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Holy crap how am I just now hearing about this?  Does it work on a G34?
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 9:16:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Holy crap how am I just now hearing about this?  Does it work on a G34?
View Quote
@JK-919 they are bigger on Instagram and stuff than elsewhere. Yes, they will work on a 34, gen 4 or 5. I wish I went with a 34 just to get a bit more length out of it, but I'm still happy with how this is set up and working for me.
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 5:18:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Anyone have a picture of it installed on a G34 with the mag carrier/light?
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 12:48:50 PM EDT
[#11]
these guys are running a g34 with a lightmag rail. Overall great vid.

FLUX Flashmag & Flashmag Rail Initial Review!
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 11:09:51 AM EDT
[#12]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Unless you wanna trade?
Double Nah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1qQvGPSaZs
@RDTCU
Thanks.
Thanks a lot.
I was going to just ignore the possibilities...

Then you post a video...

Now I have to spend next years tax refund on that...

It IS really cool!!!

ETA: and now I know they are not sitting on shelves just waiting for me...
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 3:01:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 4:37:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Very Cool!
View All Quotes
Thanks. It's a temporary setup. I was initially planning to use it on a gen4 17 I have, but after playing with it on the 19x, I've decided it is more comfortable on a gen 5, so when I get back to the states, I'll be selling the 17 and picking up a g45. I think the front serrations will help with the slide manipulation since the rear area is cluttered.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 9:57:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Can someone who has one share their opinion on how the brace actually attaches to the frame? I see and hear that it uses the single rear trigger housing pin and that is it? In my mind I am thinking it mounts similarly to how the top of a back strap does, but am not certain. Does it mount up rather solid? Any flex?
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 12:34:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Can someone who has one share their opinion on how the brace actually attaches to the frame? I see and hear that it uses the single rear trigger housing pin and that is it? In my mind I am thinking it mounts similarly to how the top of a back strap does, but am not certain. Does it mount up rather solid? Any flex?
View Quote
@KissMethod17 you are correct, it goes into the rear pin. they provide a longer one than standard. It also is a very snug fit and when I'm shooting, the web of my hand further holds it in place with the grip. There's really not a lot of wiggle in that area once you have it mounted up and deployed.

There is a bit of play (you can twist the gun side to side a bit) when the stock is out, but that's because the support bars are 2 thin strips of steel rather than a single giant tube like an AR. I imaging it's like an underfolder or that wire scorpion stock, but I don't have enough time behind either of those to make that call.

I would say it's sturdy enough. with how easy it is to store and transport, not locking up like bolt action is fine with me.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 2:18:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
On mine, there is no flex due to the mounting to the gun.  Its rock solid.

But when extended there is some wiggle, similar to the brace on the scorpion micro.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:21:13 AM EDT
[#18]
How long has it been taking for these to come in? I placed an order on the 4th and still haven't heard anything.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:26:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
How long has it been taking for these to come in? I placed an order on the 4th and still haven't heard anything.
View Quote
I ordered May 25 and haven't heard anything.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:29:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Thanks for the replies guys. I can understand there being flex when deployed just like an underfolder. I was more so wondering if there was any flex in the actual mounting portion to the pistol where the rear pin goes in. Thanks for the information. Thinking more and more about making one of these in the near future! Have fun with them! Jealous.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 11:04:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
I waited 8 weeks and ended up canceling my order.

ETA: that was feb-Apr.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 4:02:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sounds like I have a ways to go I ordered on 5/16.  Anybody know how far behind they are?
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 4:05:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Sounds like I have a ways to go I ordered on 5/16.  Anybody know how far behind they are?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought they said 4 - 6 weeks when I ordered, but I don't remember for sure.    And 4 - 6 weeks can be much longer in the gun industry.   I don't mind waiting, but I get impatient if it goes way over what they promise.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:22:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
these guys are running a g34 with a lightmag rail. Overall great vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeT6LCW_UJc
View Quote
With the short LOP on that brace and the shooter bending their neck down this setup looks like it would benefit from an ALG Six Second Mount for the RDS.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:26:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Ouch. Sounds like I'll just have to forget about it and be surprised whenever it does come in.

I wonder what kind of production set up they have for these. I had heard it mentioned earlier that they were not 3D printed, hope that is actually the case.
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 5:55:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I thought they said 4 - 6 weeks when I ordered, but I don't remember for sure.    And 4 - 6 weeks can be much longer in the gun industry.   I don't mind waiting, but I get impatient if it goes way over what they promise.
View Quote
It says 2-4 weeks on their site looks like they are going past that.
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 12:45:38 PM EDT
[#27]
The Six Second Mounts won't work with the Flux.
We discussed that at the bottom of page 3.

Quoted:

With the short LOP on that brace and the shooter bending their neck down this setup looks like it would benefit from an ALG Six Second Mount for the RDS.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 1:07:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ordered 5/25.   At 6/26 right now they're over it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 9:51:44 PM EDT
[#29]
I just got an email from them yesterday asking if I wanted
to update my order for an original holster to the flashmag
version, so I assume they are just balls to the wall.

John
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 7:16:56 AM EDT
[#30]
I ordered a Lefty Brace on (5/28) and am about to Email them and find out where I stand in the que.  They do have a message when you call saying they are in the process of moving their factory.

ETA:  Got an immediate response to my Email.  They responded with a tracking number and said the brace just shipped and I should have it in my hands early next week.  If true it would have shipped in exactly 4 weeks from the time I placed my order.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 4:10:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 3:30:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
For those who are tired of waiting:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F273908568937

ETA: not my listing
View Quote
I like what he did with the qd sling mount.  Not sure I'd want to do that myself.

Are the flashmag taking as long to ship?
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 3:47:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I like what he did with the qd sling mount.  Not sure I'd want to do that myself.
View Quote
I've been half thinking of figuring out how to sling this, would be cool under a jacket or something.

I'm hoping a gen 5 threaded barrel pops up at a good deal. I'm about 2 months from my can's arrival I hope. this with a dot and can may replace my HD SBR.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 8:03:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I've been half thinking of figuring out how to sling this, would be cool under a jacket or something.

I'm hoping a gen 5 threaded barrel pops up at a good deal. I'm about 2 months from my can's arrival I hope. this with a dot and can may replace my HD SBR.
View Quote
I'm thinking about building a form 1 can for mine.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 8:27:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 9:15:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
nice. I have a Revolution 45 on the way. thinking short configuration might make a really compact package. Oh, took a glamor shot for some reason:
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 9:31:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I ordered a Lefty Brace on (5/28) and am about to Email them and find out where I stand in the que.  They do have a message when you call saying they are in the process of moving their factory.

ETA:  Got an immediate response to my Email.  They responded with a tracking number and said the brace just shipped and I should have it in my hands early next week.  If true it would have shipped in exactly 4 weeks from the time I placed my order.
View Quote
I ordered the lefty brace, light rail, and flashlight.   I sent them an email after reading this.  They responded quickly w/  a message that they're waiting on some metal parts and it should ship in a week and a half or so.  They are definitely responsive when you send them an email.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 9:33:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You might get one of their holsters and see about adding it to a shoulder holster.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 9:40:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You might get one of their holsters and see about adding it to a shoulder holster.
View Quote
I thought about that, but I hate shoulder holsters and their proprietary holster is a bit rich for my blood. I'm thinking about a single point sling mounted to the rear of the brace thingy. Might try it, just see how it goes. Gonna need to hit amazon for a budget ass sling
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 9:41:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I thought about that, but I hate shoulder holsters and their proprietary holster is a bit rich for my blood. I'm thinking about a single point sling mounted to the rear of the brace thingy. Might try it, just see how it goes. Gonna need to hit amazon for a budget ass sling
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would be very careful about one of these on a sling w/ no manual safety.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 9:51:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I would be very careful about one of these on a sling w/ no manual safety.
View Quote
I off body carry it now so it's already kept cruiser ready, not chambered. I wouldn't want it bouncing around on me like that ready to go off, that's for sure
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 12:43:44 PM EDT
[#42]
I think I'm going to buy a trigger guard holster off Amazon and see if I can modify it to fit the brace.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 1:19:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I off body carry it now so it's already kept cruiser ready, not chambered. I wouldn't want it bouncing around on me like that ready to go off, that's for sure
View Quote
What do you carry it in?

Just ordered a flashmag, so we'll see how long it takes to show up.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 1:43:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I think I'm going to buy a trigger guard holster off Amazon and see if I can modify it to fit the brace.
View Quote
If you have the flashmag, the associated holster covers the trigger.
ETA: lets try this again
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 2:02:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

What do you carry it in?

View Quote
@Ohioan my glove box or the small part of a Rush 12. can still use the real part when I do that, which is nice.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 2:03:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 2:17:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Pic not loading, but was able to see by copying your link. Looks good but it's pretty steep
View Quote
They are pretty proud of it. lol
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 2:19:11 PM EDT
[#48]
$140 for a piece of plastic with none of the attachments to make it a holster
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 7:22:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

What do you carry it in?

View Quote
Ordered the flashmag earlier today and just got a shipping notification
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 10:34:25 AM EDT
[#50]
My Lefty FLUX came in the other day (shipped in exactly four weeks from time of order and two days to get here).  This thing is definitely worth the wait and cost.  Totally rock solid with a very tight fit and no play.  And for those of you who want to know if the brace can be shouldered (not that I would do that) the answer is YES.  The length of pull is long enough to shoulder especially if you are used to compact PDW’s.  I mounted the FLUX on my 5” G34 with threaded barrel and a Trijicon SRO for the optic.  The FLUX is so stable you don’t even loose the dot on recoil. Very, very little muzzle rise when shouldered (not that I actually have any experience shouldering a brace, I swear, not me).

Now just waiting for the original OWB/IWB holster to arrive as this will be my EDC for a while.  Currently my EDC is an all steel 5” 1911 so bulk and weight is not a problem for me to conceal.  The G34 plus FLUX is noticeably lighter than my bare 1911.

Bottom line is I am very satisfied with this product.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top