Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 10:12:22 PM EDT
[#1]
It only seems like the holes are off but they are not.  You have to start the pin in one side and then brace the frame against an immovable object and really torque the brace until the holes line up. Only then can you drive the pin all the way through.  This is why you get an extremely tight fit that will have zero play even after thousands of rounds fired.  It is an excellent design.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 9:03:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok, so the Flashmag holster sucks ass.

I ordered one when I ordered my Flashmag back in August. I cancelled the holster part of the order in September, because I decided the set up would really never be much more than a range toy, so I would not likely carry it loaded and, therefore, had no need to worry about covering the trigger. Flux refunded the cost on my card, but still shipped the holster with the Flashmag. I was going to sell it, but nobody seemed interested, so I figured I'd keep it and maybe use it, afterall.

So, last night, I tried to install the holster onto the included Safariland panel. When I installed the screws, I tightened the bottom one tight enough that it caused a piece of plastic above the bottom opening for the retention lever to break off. The top front screw, when screwed in all the way, locked the retention lever in place, such that it wouldn't budge. So much for selling it if I decided I didn't want it.

This morning, I gave it some thought and decided I could see how well it would work as a trigger cover, so I stuck my Flashmag and brace-equipped Glock into the holster. I then wen to push down on the retention lever, expecting it to release the gun. Nope, it wouldn't budge. Try as I might, I could not get the gun out of the holster using the retention lever. i'm guessing it had something to do with the missing piece of plastic on the inside bottom, right above the opening for the retention lever. I ended up having to use brute force to snap the holster in half to free my gun.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

So, those of you with Flashmag holsters, be careful if you install the Safariland belt panel, as tightening the screws too much can cause you holster to break and render it completely unusable. Thankfully, I had already gotten my money back from Flux Defense and this was basically a free holster.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 9:24:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:When I installed the screws, I tightened the bottom one tight enough that it caused a piece of plastic above the bottom opening for the retention lever to break off. The top front screw, when screwed in all the way, locked the retention lever in place, such that it wouldn't budge. … I ended up having to use brute force to snap the holster in half to free my gun.

So, those of you with Flashmag holsters, be careful if you install the Safariland belt panel, as tightening the screws too much can cause you holster to break and render it completely unusable. Thankfully, I had already gotten my money back from Flux Defense and this was basically a free holster.
View Quote
Why didn't you just unscrew everything instead of going Bruce Banner on it?
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 10:19:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Why didn't you just unscrew everything instead of going Bruce Banner on it?
View Quote
I did loosen the screws enough that they weren't putting any pressure on anything. They were barely hanging in. Unfortunately, the retention lever wouldn't work properly with the piece of plastic missing, apparently. It would move freely once the screws were loosened, but wouldn't release the gun.
Link Posted: 10/20/2019 7:31:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, that blows.
Link Posted: 10/21/2019 7:28:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll bet they will replace it anyway.

Have you asked them yet?
Link Posted: 10/21/2019 7:30:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I did loosen the screws enough that they weren't putting any pressure on anything. They were barely hanging in. Unfortunately, the retention lever wouldn't work properly with the piece of plastic missing, apparently. It would move freely once the screws were loosened, but wouldn't release the gun.
View Quote
have them replace it and then mail it to me. I'll see if I can make it work
Link Posted: 10/21/2019 10:08:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

have them replace it and then mail it to me. I'll see if I can make it work
View Quote
It's already in the trash. I'm not going to ask them to replace what I got for free.
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 5:24:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Without the Flashmag, this works really well.
But enough room for a couple of happy sticks.
Maybe a little feminine , but my wife let me
have her all black one, so it will work for me.

FYI YMMV

Link Posted: 10/29/2019 8:40:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Meh. I just took my Flux stuff off my Gen 5 17.

I had previously used the setup as a car gun in a small bag. Went back to an AR pistol w/ a Gen 3 17 in a small get home bag backpack.

Flux setup is cool, and I might use it again given the right situation...I'd just rather have the 223/556 option.
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 7:07:24 AM EDT
[#11]
I can consistently (and quite easily) ring the 2/3rd IDPA plate at 100 yds with mine.  The Holosun is awesome!  50yd double taps are insanely easy as well.  I love it, and mine lives full time in my glovebox with a handful of 33 rounders.
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 8:49:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Meh. I just took my Flux stuff off my Gen 5 17.

I had previously used the setup as a car gun in a small bag. Went back to an AR pistol w/ a Gen 3 17 in a small get home bag backpack.

Flux setup is cool, and I might use it again given the right situation...I'd just rather have the 223/556 option.
View Quote
Got a spare flashmag, partner?
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 9:40:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Got a spare flashmag, partner?
View Quote
Sorry, I’m keeping all of it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 11:59:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Parke1 message sent.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 8:29:48 AM EDT
[#15]
https://youtu.be/QH7zrMFyvoA My Glock 41 with the brace. I love it
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 8:31:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 10:36:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:39:37 AM EDT
[#18]
It looks to me like your flashmag isn't installed all the way.  It should fit around the trigger guard and line up with the frame.

ETA-

Yesterday we were engaging 2/3 IPSC targets at 200 yards with this from the bench, and 100 yards standing.

About 1/3 hits at 200, and 2/3 at 100, but not terribly difficult.

The Holosun RDS makes all the difference.  I'm unable with my aging eyes to reliably hit the 100 yard plate with my MP5K, simply because the sight radius is so short.  I have no doubt that with a RDS on it, it'd be no sweat either.

The other difference is that my MP5 can't ride in the glovebox, center console, or one pocket on a laptop bag.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 6:02:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks I will check it later.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 4:57:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Shot my fluxed g17 yesterday for the first time in a while.  I really enjoy that little thing.

I would like to get a holster for it though and set it up for carry in the vertx bag.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 12:09:56 AM EDT
[#21]
If anyone is interested in selling their Flashmag, shoot me a IM. I picked up a brace in the EE and I could use the second piece of the puzzle.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 5:47:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Any indication of current real-world lead times? I ordered a gen 3 G19 brace at the end of November. I'm assuming they are still taking 8 weeks or so to ship?
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 1:08:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Man this would be amazing with a 10mm Glock plus a Holosun . . . decisions decisions . . .
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 10:24:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Any indication of current real-world lead times? I ordered a gen 3 G19 brace at the end of November. I'm assuming they are still taking 8 weeks or so to ship?
View Quote
I ordered dec 15. Everything I ordered was in stock...or should I say...didnt have the "out of stock" banner on it.
That said, I dont see why it should take 8 weeks, but I'm sure it will...or even longer.

We'll see ??
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 7:33:07 PM EDT
[#25]
I got lucky and found G19 Gen 5 Flux Braces in stock at Prepper Gun Shop.

Emailed Flux to ask about lead time on the Flashmag and was told about a month is when they expect the next batch of Flashmags to ship.....so I just ordered the Flashmag w/ light. Now the 1-2 month wait begins.
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 5:28:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Glock carbine in a box Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 3:00:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Just waiting on the Flashmag to complete the puzzle.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 3:47:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Just waiting on the Flashmag to complete the puzzle.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/241023/20191224_163803_jpg-1224871.JPG
View Quote
@Airborne_Infantryman looks good! what barrel and comp did you go with?
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 4:15:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
That’s the mayhem syndicate barrel and comp
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 4:23:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That’s the mayhem syndicate barrel and comp
Yup! Should be perfect with the Flashmag since the Mayhem setup makes it the exact length of a 17.

Smallest package possible but with added benefits. Stoked for my Flashmag to arrive eventually.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 4:36:13 PM EDT
[#31]
New Ruger 57 is begging for a Flux setup...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 8:09:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
New Ruger 57 is begging for a Flux setup...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/173511/P1020148-660x495_jpg-1224983.JPG
View Quote
Duuuuude. That would be sweet!
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 5:13:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Still waiting on my Flashmag ordered in December.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 6:12:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Yeah, I'm on 6 weeks since ordered.
2 more to go...then I'll start to get excited
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 7:13:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
Flashmag or brace?

Alex at Flux did tell me the next batch of Flashmag are being made this coming week, but I won't be a part of that batch. I'm only about 5 weeks in.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 12:42:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Flashmag or brace?

Alex at Flux did tell me the next batch of Flashmag are being made this coming week, but I won't be a part of that batch. I'm only about 5 weeks in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Flashmag or brace?

I ordered a brace and flashmag
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 1:32:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I ordered a brace and flashmag
View Quote
Looks like they're still waiting on braces to be made. On their Instagram they're building the MP-17s today.

Alex at Flux said they purchased their manufacturer more machines to produce parts, which should help get the lead time down a bit.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 5:57:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Given how the the Flux moves your hand downward on the frame, the gen 3 is just about perfect.

Link Posted: 2/14/2020 10:59:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Oh Baby!

What can is that?

The ultimate PDW.

Quoted:
Given how the the Flux moves your hand downward on the frame, the gen 3 is just about perfect.
https://i.imgur.com/7L7dBIR.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/qIvp1oP.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 7:48:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Thanks, it's a SiCo Omega9K

Quoted:
Oh Baby!

What can is that?

The ultimate PDW.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Oh Baby!

What can is that?

The ultimate PDW.

Quoted:
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 8:38:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's bad ass! Only thing I would do differently would be to keep the longer mag in the gun. Makes the gun and spare line up length wise and be a bit smaller overall.

a 17L is an awesome way to go, I wanted to grab one but missed the boat and won't pay asshole prices.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 9:41:38 PM EDT
[#42]
I believe I'm the first person to Flux a Mayhem Syndicate MK2 comp'd G19.

The Mayhem Syndicate MK2 carry comp makes the 19 the EXACT length as a 17.

Goes perfect with the Flashmag.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 9:27:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Thanks, it's a SiCo Omega9K
View Quote
Nice!
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 9:47:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Found a place that actually had Flashmags and Flux Braces for G19 in stock.

They confirmed in stock, and not a backorder.

Ordered both to Flux out another 19 Gen 5, but in a slightly different way.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 12:23:51 PM EDT
[#45]
@Noctis

You have a PM.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 1:34:31 PM EDT
[#46]
FYI - the Haley Strategic Flatpack is PERFECT for a Fluxed G17 or G19. May fit a 34 or G40 as well.

Fits my G19 with Mayhem Syndicate MK2 comp (makes it same length as a G17), Flashmag and also four 33rd mags, in one tiny, discreet package.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 5:53:13 PM EDT
[#47]
FYI - Late December Flashmags are shipping. Some Flashmag R are also shipping. No clue on timeframes for the R.

Go figure - I ordered two Flashmags from Rock Your Glock when they came in stock last week, and just as I was about to cancel my order with Flux yesterday, I got shipping confirmation.

Now I have three Flashmags and only needed 2.

Guess I'll either return it when it arrives this week, or sell it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 12:25:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
FYI - Late December Flashmags are shipping. Some Flashmag R are also shipping. No clue on timeframes for the R.

Go figure - I ordered two Flashmags from Rock Your Glock when they came in stock last week, and just as I was about to cancel my order with Flux yesterday, I got shipping confirmation.

Now I have three Flashmags and only needed 2.

Guess I'll either return it when it arrives this week, or sell it.
View Quote
Late December .... of 2020?
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 12:29:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Also, what specifically prohibits the use of a non-recipricating mount? Because it looks like the brace only mounts to the rear of the grip, and doesnt require any of the other pins that a mount would use.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 12:42:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Also, what specifically prohibits the use of a non-recipricating mount? Because it looks like the brace only mounts to the rear of the grip, and doesnt require any of the other pins that a mount would use.
View Quote
The flux  rails occupy the space where an ALG or SJC mount might connect when closed. ( Not confirmed from  test fit, just looking at flux on gun)  I'm supprisingly ok with the motion of the iron sights even when I get up close. I may add suppressor height irons or a Suarez dovetail for a red dot to get more height for my head though.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top