Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 52
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 2:47:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As far as the G40, I don't see why this wouldn't work for it? Same factory MOS cut, is it not?
View Quote
No, its not. The GLOCK 40 10mm has it's own GLOCK factory MOS mounting set. It's called "Set 02" or part number GLSP33736.

The 10mm GLOCK's have the same width slide at the .45acp models.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 11:19:20 PM EDT
[#2]
After reading through all of this I will wait to see what happens with the new plate from FCD in stead of the getting the trijicon kit for the mos plate. Hopefully by spring it will be available.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 10:18:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Picked up one of the WAR mounts for the Glock.  Came with a small dent in the side of the RMR plate which didn't seem to interfere with function so mounted and went to the range.   Had to adjust RMR from previous dial in on MOS plates which is to be expected.  Will continue to use, but seems decent so far, do like that one handed clearance will occur a little further from the glass.
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 9:22:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I've had my Gen5 G19 MOS & RMR for 13 months & a little over 4000 rounds. I used the stock plate and Trijicon kit/screws, torqued to proper specs and blue loctite and haven't had an issue. However I also haven't changed the battery yet either...its still going strong after 13 months and I've never once shut it off! At this point I'm going to see how long it will go.

I'm happy with this setup and will be buying another this spring. That said, I saw @duffy posts that Forward Controls is in the process of making a plate. I love everything they make and would definitely buy and install one.

ETA: It should be noted that I constantly use the RMR to cycle the slide too.
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 10:05:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've had my Gen5 G19 MOS & RMR for 13 months & a little over 4000 rounds. I used the stock plate and Trijicon kit/screws, torqued to proper specs and blue loctite and haven't had an issue. However I also haven't changed the battery yet either...its still going strong after 13 months and I've never once shut it off! At this point I'm going to see how long it will go.

I'm happy with this setup and will be buying another this spring. That said, I saw @duffy posts that Forward Controls is in the process of making a plate. I love everything they make and would definitely buy and install one.
View Quote
Interesting. I have a pretty similar experience. I got my 19.5 MOS last February. It's my EDC gun and I have closer to 8k through it. Give or take a few hundred. I haven't been keeping track. I just know I shoot around 200 rounds a week through it. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

Two main differences. I take my RMR off after every weekly range session, because I give the 19 a quick wipe down and put it in the ultrasonic, wipe it off, swab the firing pin channel with an alcohol swab and reinstall the RMR. I haven't put blue loctite  on my screws, because they are removed and reinstalled weekly. When reinstalled they are lined back up with the witness marks I have on the sight, which were originally torqued to ( I believe 11 in/lb?...Whatever the instructions said) They haven't loosened up on me yet.

During last weeks range session, my battery from last January died, as I change all optic batteries on New Years Day. I'm guessing I've had my sight exposed to more light than usual or I just had a bum battery?

So far it's been a good set up for me!  My only complaint is the finish sure doesn't hold up like previous generation Glocks.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 10:12:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Interesting. I have a pretty similar experience. I got my 19.5 MOS last February. It's my EDC gun and I have closer to 8k through it. Give or take a few hundred. I haven't been keeping track. I just know I shoot around 200 rounds a week through it. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

Two main differences. I take my RMR off after every weekly range session, because I give the 19 a quick wipe down and put it in the ultrasonic, wipe it off, swab the firing pin channel with an alcohol swab and reinstall the RMR. I haven't put blue loctite  on my screws, because they are removed and reinstalled weekly. When reinstalled they are lined back up with the witness marks I have on the sight, which were originally torqued to ( I believe 11 in/lb?...Whatever the instructions said) They haven't loosened up on me yet.

During last weeks range session, my battery from last January died, as I change all optic batteries on New Years Day. I'm guessing I've had my sight exposed to more light than usual or I just had a bum battery?

So far it's been a good set up for me!  My only complaint is the finish sure doesn't hold up like previous generation Glocks.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/10846/FDE0BA8B-F0A5-4E74-9EF0-E817CFFD174E_jpeg-1217510.JPG
View Quote
Good data point on the battery. I took a class on Saturday and I asked the instructor if he wanted me to shut my RMR off. We got to chatting and I told him it has been on since Black Friday of November of 2018. It is either in my dresser, range bag or on my hip so it only sees day light when shooting. I do try to keep the brightness turned down but like I said I use the RMR to cycles the slide and that means the brightness does actually get turned up often.

It's good to hear yours has been removed/reinstalled a lot. I'm guessing your not a gorilla with the wrench
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 10:30:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Good data point on the battery. I took a class on Saturday and I asked the instructor if he wanted me to shut my RMR off. We got to chatting and I told him it has been on since Black Friday of November of 2018. It is either in my dresser, range bag or on my hip so it only sees day light when shooting. I do try to keep the brightness turned down but like I said I use the RMR to cycles the slide and that means the brightness does actually get turned up often.

It's good to hear yours has been removed/reinstalled a lot. I'm guessing your not a gorilla with the wrench
View Quote
No, I have an in/lb driver. I figure if I have it I might as well use it!  

Two or three weeks ago I actually got my in/lb driver out to see if the screws threading was worn and changed the torque from my original witness marks from the original installation. It was still right on.

I should note, that I hate hex screws. The first thing I did was order these from McMaster Carr and cut them to the proper length.

https://www.mcmaster.com/94414a146

https://www.mcmaster.com/94414a148
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 10:40:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
I guess I should have added that I have my 19 on from the time I put my pants on, until I go to bed. I'm pretty much retired and do a lot of stuff outside on my property. Sometimes it's concealed, sometimes it's open carry. It depends a lot on the weather. I haven't made a conscious effort to keep it in the dark.

I've been using RMRs since 2013. This is the first time I had a battery that didn't last a year. Then again, this year I spent several weeks down in the Keys visiting my son ( he's stationed there). One thing I'll say about the Keys, the sun sure is bright!    Maybe that made a difference? Maybe it was the battery?  Who knows?

All this RMR talk....I think it's time to go out and put a few down range!
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 1:28:12 PM EDT
[#9]
How many in/lbs are you putting on the plate and rmr screws?
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 2:54:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
How many in/lbs are you putting on the plate and rmr screws?
View Quote
11 in/lb.
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 3:20:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
11 in/lb.
View Quote
Thanks, is that for both the factory adapter plate and the rmr itself?
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 4:56:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Thanks, is that for both the factory adapter plate and the rmr itself?
View Quote
You actually made me dig out my Glock manual!  For attaching the plate to the slide it relates "hand tighten only".

I guess take that for what it's worth.
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 5:24:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You actually made me dig out my Glock manual!  For attaching the plate to the slide it relates "hand tighten only".

I guess take that for what it's worth.
View Quote
Thanks for the help. I just picked up a G45 mos and I am planning on setting it up with a rmr by next month. This is my first pistol optic but have a wheeler fat wrench from my long gun mounts.
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 9:54:27 PM EDT
[#14]
I will update with an ETA as soon as the production ready prototype is finished and tested.  We could go to production with what we have now, but rushing to market has never been an option, thus is not our purpose.
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 10:37:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I will update with an ETA as soon as the production ready prototype is finished and tested.  We could go to production with what we have now, but rushing to market has never been an option, thus is not our purpose.
View Quote
Absolutely pumped about the new mount and your commitment to producing a quality product. Looking forward to your update.
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 10:52:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'll buy one (maybe two) when they're available. I love your AR parts so I'm super excited about this.
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 11:11:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Thanks for the update. Can't wait to get one.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 7:43:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Thanks for the update. Can't wait to get one.
View Quote
Same here. Look forward to it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 7:05:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
After reading through all of this I will wait to see what happens with the new plate from FCD in stead of the getting the trijicon kit for the mos plate. Hopefully by spring it will be available.
View Quote
Link? thank you

Duffy....boink had to slap myself in the forehead.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 12:35:17 PM EDT
[#20]
We'll be completing the revised prototype next week.  We'll test the new prototype as well.  We're confident it'll be the production candidate.  This is our first foray into something that's not AR related, not that we'd ever fudge anything anyway, folks have high expectations for it and we don't think we can sell products because they carry our name, the FCD MOS plate will take as long as it needs to meet and exceed what's expected of us.  Our name is a responsibility, not a selling tool.

In the grand scheme of things, the MOS plate is a side project, our v3 bolt catches, ambidextrous safeties and charging handles are far more difficult to dial in, but these are coming in the spring too
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 1:37:34 PM EDT
[#21]
I’m ready for you to take my money.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 3:05:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Count me in as excited to buy one of your plates too.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 5:14:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Well, that a wrap - 3500 rounds fired with the FCD V1 prototype. Finished with Federal 124gr.+P, and 147gr. HST. Both did well, apparently the Gen 5s really like the 147s. I've seen what I need to see, sent this RMR off for servicing, and anxiously await the V2. Will pop some black rear/fiber front irons on and do final eval in conjunction with the plate and optic.

The last range was cold, and couldn't really feel my fingers much. Didn't help that this Gen 5's trigger just took a crap and is all kinds of gritty with hitches now. Probably would have shot a 25 bull/SF/Freestyle score of 100-8 or 9X if it was smoother.

Well done, @Duffy This thing is going to be a winner.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

S/F
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 10:25:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Second (most likely final) prototypes are heading yours
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 10:59:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

/...Gen 5's trigger just took a crap and is all kinds of gritty with hitches now.../

S/F
View Quote
Check the spring cups and channel liner for roughness.   I've had a few get real gritty and hitchy when they wear.  Replace or polish and the trigger feel returns.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 4:32:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Well, that a wrap - 3500 rounds fired with the FCD V1 prototype. Finished with Federal 124gr.+P, and 147gr. HST. Both did well, apparently the Gen 5s really like the 147s. I've seen what I need to see, sent this RMR off for servicing, and anxiously await the V2. Will pop some black rear/fiber front irons on and do final eval in conjunction with the plate and optic.

The last range was cold, and couldn't really feel my fingers much. Didn't help that this Gen 5's trigger just took a crap and is all kinds of gritty with hitches now. Probably would have shot a 25 bull/SF/Freestyle score of 100-8 or 9X if it was smoother.

Well done, @Duffy This thing is going to be a winner.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/317179/IMG_7752_jpg-1228896.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/317179/IMG_7754_jpg-1228898.JPG

S/F
View Quote
Do you have a photo of the the plate without the rmr mounted?
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 5:12:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Do you have a photo of the the plate without the rmr mounted?
View Quote
That’s what I really want to see as well.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 5:52:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Look back a few pages.  it looks great.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 12:11:07 PM EDT
[#29]
More pics to follow pending conclusion of v2 prototype testing.

Among other things, we fixed the aesthetics, always the last thing for us to work on.  The front and back corners are now conforming to those on the RMR.  This isn't a functional issue, but a matter of attention to detail.  The previously exposed corners don't affect function in any way, there was no reason to leave them exposed, so now they're not.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 2:40:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Among other things, we fixed the aesthetics, always the last thing for us to work on.  The front and back corners are now conforming to those on the RMR.  This isn't a functional issue, but a matter of attention to detail.  The previously exposed corners don't affect function in any way, there was no reason to leave them exposed, so now they're not.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/781/Screen_Shot_2020-01-13_at_8_09_15_AM_jpg-1232612.JPG
View Quote
@Duffy

Looks good!  So, it looks like we will not need a sealer plate.  Am I correct?  

Plan on doing anything with the cutout below the serial number?  On both sides?

Thanks!  Can't wait.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 6:56:04 PM EDT
[#31]
No sealer plate is required

The lines on the side won't be conforming to the cutout, as doing so has no benefits we can think of.  Also, as it's compatible with the SRO which doesn't have these cutouts.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 7:32:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
No sealer plate is required

The lines on the side won't be conforming to the cutout, as doing so has no benefits we can think of.  Also, as it's compatible with the SRO which doesn't have these cutouts.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/781/IMG_4981_jpeg-1233116.JPG
View Quote
@Duffy

Thanks for the info.  I hadn't paid much attention to the SRO, since it was not duty rated and did not know it was lacking the cutouts.  Not a deal breaker.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 11:22:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/781/Screen_Shot_2020-01-13_at_8_09_15_AM_jpg-1232612.JPG
View Quote
Looks great!
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 2:28:30 PM EDT
[#34]
V2 prototype testing will begin.  It is likely we'll start production very soon, still don't have a name for it
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 4:44:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
V2 prototype testing will begin.  It is likely we'll start production very soon, still don't have a name for it
View Quote
The missing link to the "perfection" pistol.  

Now it's perfected plate.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 8:24:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
FCD P-O-P.

Perfected or Precision Optics Plate.

Or...

M-O-P machined optics plate

They sound good when you pronounce them as letters....

Or the HUD plate (hard use duty plate)
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 8:31:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Anchor plate
Shear plate
Impulse plate
Recoil plate

... go for the feels!
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 9:08:49 PM EDT
[#38]
FC enhanced optic plate
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 10:26:24 PM EDT
[#39]
The v2 prototype fit is so snug, I have to work at it to detach it from the SRO.  The SRO to plate mounting screws are not installed in this pic.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 10:32:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Maybe I missed it, but have you tried any Holosun 507 optics on the plate?  Same footprint as an RMR - just want to make sure it fits before I grab one when they come out.  I am pretty stoked.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 10:39:54 PM EDT
[#41]
It's milled precisely for the RMR, and works perfectly on the SRO as well, I can't verify if it works on Holosun, we will find out.  If it weren't for the front and rear recoil lugs/fences, I'd be confident in saying it will, but the curvature of the front recoil lug/fence makes me hesitate.

I will confirm.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:29:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Nice! definitely ordering one as soon as they are available!
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 5:34:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
It's milled precisely for the RMR, and works perfectly on the SRO as well, I can't verify if it works on Holosun, we will find out.  If it weren't for the front and rear recoil lugs/fences, I'd be confident in saying it will, but the curvature of the front recoil lug/fence makes me hesitate.

I will confirm.
View Quote
I ran into a tolerance stacking issue with the other company's al plate and an RM01 that was longer than either of my RM06s, have you guys looked at anything to prevent that?
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 7:42:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Holosun sight will not work on ours without modification to the plate.  The front recoil lug/fence is precision machined and mated for the RMR and SRO, Holosun's front's r value is different and doesn't conform to the current plate's curvature.

It's not difficult to make a slight change to make it fit, not sure if we have time or the desire to do it, as we're moving on to M17 plate already.

Our plate has been tested with RM01, RM06 and RM05, all are tight.  We hold tighter tolerances than Trijicon does the RMR, but we have to accommodate their tolerances.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 8:07:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Holosun sight will not work on ours without modification to the plate.  The front recoil lug/fence is precision machined and mated for the RMR and SRO, Holosun's front is flat and doesn't conform to the curvature.

It's not difficult to make a slight change to make it fit, not sure if we have time or the desire to do it, as we're moving on to M17 plate already.

Our plate has been tested with RM01, RM06 and RM05, all are tight.  We hold tighter tolerances than Trijicon does the RMR, but we have to accommodate their tolerances.
View Quote
Appreciate the info and thanks for checking.  Glad I asked - I am a Holosun fan, so I will have to watch and wait a bit.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 8:10:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Holosun sight will not work on ours without modification to the plate.  The front recoil lug/fence is precision machined and mated for the RMR and SRO, Holosun's front is flat and doesn't conform to the curvature.

View Quote
I only have Trijicon RMRs and dont have an MOS so I don't have a dog in the fight - but you'll miss out on a slice of the market for a few small changes.  Holosun is the only other drop proof mini RDS at the moment.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 8:18:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 8:19:02 PM EDT
[#48]
It's occurred to me.  It's not hard to make our RMR plate fit, so we'll look into it.  It's most likely just a matter of making a less curved front recoil lug/fence.  Bang, Holosun plate

It's a result of the very precise fit we have on our RMR plate, I didn't expect, and honestly, didn't care about any other optics, we were focused solely on the RMR and SRO.  With what we know now, we'll most likely make a version for Holosun as well.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 8:47:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It's occurred to me.  It's not hard to make our RMR plate fit, so we'll look into it.  It's most likely just a matter of making a less curved front recoil lug/fence.  Bang, Holosun plate

It's a result of the very precise fit we have on our RMR plate, I didn't expect, and honestly, didn't care about any other optics, we were focused solely on the RMR and SRO.  With what we know now, we'll most likely make a version for Holosun as well.
View Quote
I would be a buyer for a Holosun version too.  Great to hear..!!
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 8:53:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thank you for not sacrificing the quality of the RMR plate to retrofit the holosun in!
Page / 52
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top