Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:58:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I realize this is a glock thread, but are you planning any plates for the M&P?

Look up. https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif

LOL.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 4:09:46 PM EDT
[#2]
We got our TX driver's licenses, and have been looking for these handguns for development: HK VP9, M&P 2.0 CORE, and Glock 43x or 48.

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 4:29:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Ordered and received in two days!

I can't even pick up the pistol it goes on until next week, and I wasn't expecting the plate to arrive until even later.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 5:48:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Wrong place, I know, but any lead time on EPCs? Wasn’t sure with you having moved recently if it’ll be a while. Itching to get two of them.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:50:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I hopped in my car on Dec 15 late morning, and arrived at our new TX home on 16th evening, and started processing and shipping orders after I got our equipment set up, we missed one day of work this year, which is one more than other years lol.

EPC will be available in limited quantities and only in black till the rest of the batch in other colors show up.

Meanwhile, we'll go live with OPF-G, DPP and OPF-G, RMRcc tomorrow or Sat.

Both will come with sight to plate screws, and plate to slide screws.  Screws that come with DPP and RMRcc are already usable with our plates (DPP screws are sourced from Leupold), the extra sight to plate screws are simply spares.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:43:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:11:14 PM EDT
[#7]
OPF-G, RMRcc just went live on our site, it's for Set 01 compatible slides, not for Set 02, G43x and G48 MOS.

We will go live with OPF-G, DPP later today or tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:51:15 PM EDT
[#8]
From order to receipt - under 24 hours! Glad you guys moved to TX!

Also happy to confirm the 507C X2 fits like a glove.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:12:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Thank you, I still haven't had time to explore our new home town yet, we're very happy here
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:26:06 PM EDT
[#10]
OPF-G, DPP will go live tomorrow

It will include a T10 and T15 wrench, packet of VC-3, plate to slide screws, and DPP to plate screws (identical to the screws that ship with DPP).

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:26:19 AM EDT
[#11]
I guess those of us who have an RMR OPF-G will be on the outside looking in with all the new stuff being introduced lol.

I’m waiting in tomorrow RMR to get here now...
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:41:25 AM EDT
[#12]
You guys with a the OPF-G, RMR are the original supporters of our OPF plates.  It was only March of 2020 when OPF-G, RMR was introduced, and in a short span of time, went from zero presence and recognition in the space to being what many hail as one of the best options for MOS compatible slides.  We are grateful for your trust and praises

AR15/M16 components and support hardware are still our bread and butter, the OPF line has been an utter pleasant surprise for us.  We are conservative not only in our political beliefs but in other manners in life as well, we had underestimated the demand for solid plates that wouldn't loosen and shear screws.

Good news I forgot to share: we are acquiring a G48 from Big Tex Outdoors, we will be able to start work on the G43x and 48 RMRcc plate soon.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:03:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Roger,
Plates are looking good!  
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:23:27 AM EDT
[#14]
OPF-G, DPP is now shipping.  

The first batch of DPP plates has Tangodown logo on them, subsequent production OPF-G, DPP will have only ours, and an arrow pointing towards the muzzle.

With the RMR plate, the 2 lugs are in front, but DPP has 4 recoil lugs, it can be a bit confusing when installing the plate on the slide.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:40:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Just ordered the OPF-G  DPP . Can't wait to get rid of the trash mos plate.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:21:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just ordered the OPF-G  DPP . Can't wait to get rid of the trash mos plate.
View Quote

Co worker has the 34.5 with the DPP and says the MOS plate is “fine”. Just waiting for the other shoe to drop lol.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:28:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
We got our TX driver's licenses, and have been looking for these handguns for development: HK VP9, M&P 2.0 CORE, and Glock 43x or 48.

View Quote

Would a VP9 optics ready slide help you?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:48:22 AM EDT
[#18]
ordered a dpp plate, and I have an rmr. I just know that if i want options for my MOS it's gonna involve an FCD plate.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:56:49 AM EDT
[#19]
It would, but we'd need to buy it to give to the shop for reference
Quoted:

Would a VP9 optics ready slide help you?
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:17:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Finally got an OPF-G ordered for my 19.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:16:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It would, but we'd need to buy it to give to the shop for reference

View Quote

Sent you an IM
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:23:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Finally got an OPF-G ordered for my 19.
View Quote

Mine is sitting in a parts box waiting on my RMR and GL-429 sights to get here.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:10:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:53:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Anyone know what sights he is using?
View Quote

Looks like Ameriglo GL429.  Front sight has a very unique step at the base.  I’ve seen two versions of the rear.  One tapered and one straight block.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:23:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:05:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Alright Duffy, after 33 pages you got me for my first aftermarket plate for my first MOS pistol to mount my first MRDS. Thanks for all the info in this thread.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:44:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Alright Duffy, after 33 pages you got me for my first aftermarket plate for my first MOS pistol to mount my first MRDS. Thanks for all the info in this thread.
View Quote

Pretty much same for me.

Just waiting for the RMR to get here.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:19:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Thank you!  Most of the info is from arfcom members, we merely provide clarifications.  This thread in particular has been instrumental in OPF-G, RMR's success, we're grateful for all the info before and after it came to market, it continues to be probably the most comprehensive single source and reason folks came to find out about our plate
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:38:57 PM EDT
[#29]
I personally have spread the gospel to all my friends and on any Internet forum dealing with guns.

Just looking at the plate it’s obvious how well it is thought our and designed compared to the MOS plates.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:47:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'll buy two for the VP9s and two for the G43X and G48!
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 5:05:28 PM EDT
[#31]
G48 and 43X will be interesting, still evaluating it.  RMRcc is longer than the cut, the adapter will elevate the RMRcc, with a bit of its front end overhanging the cut, it'd play hell with backup sights.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 5:11:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
G48 and 43X will be interesting, still evaluating it.  RMRcc is longer than the cut, the adapter will elevate the RMRcc, with a bit of its front end overhanging the cut, it'd play hell with backup sights.
View Quote

Duffy. I reeeaaaallly need someone other than the morons at CHPWS to make a 43x/48 mos plate for a Holosun 507k.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 6:23:41 PM EDT
[#33]
We will not develop any plates for H sights, sorry.  OPF-G, RMR happens to work well with 507c, it wasn't due to any effort on our part but happenstance.

We have and will continue to develop for Trijicon, Leupold and Aimpoint.  

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 6:31:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
We will not develop any plates for H sights, sorry.  OPF-G, RMR happens to work well with 507c, it wasn't due to any effort on our part but happenstance.

We have and will continue to develop for Trijicon, Leupold and Aimpoint.  

View Quote

But I get it
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 6:39:25 PM EDT
[#35]
@Duffy
Any plans on making a RMR plate for HK's VP9 OR platform?  Many VP9 owners are interested.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 8:40:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Yep got a VP9 slide just for that reason
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 8:44:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/30/2021 9:49:56 PM EDT
[#38]
I bought a Boresight Solutions VP9 OR just because I saw Roger post on TOS that he was going to make them based on the tolerances of my two OPF-G plates.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 10:28:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Duffy. I reeeaaaallly need someone other than the morons at CHPWS to make a 43x/48 mos plate for a Holosun 507k.
View Quote

I’m glad somebody thinks their stuff isn’t that good or close to equal to @duffy /FCD STUFF.

A lot of the people in the Reddit forums act like they’re equals and some think better. I’ve researched extensively and any thing I put a red dot on will get FCD
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 11:56:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Really?  We'd better get cracking then, the pressure is on

Quoted:
I bought a Boresight Solutions VP9 OR just because I saw Roger post on TOS that he was going to make them based on the tolerances of my two OPF-G plates.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/31/2021 12:04:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Had a real upset customer call up to say the sight was too tight (RMR on the + side of the tolerances), and the plate has a gap in front and rear (MOS cut is too long).  In the past year since the introduction, this has happened but a few times, thankfully.

Most folks are understanding and know we don't make the sight or the slide.  Correction on our part in either direction would be a knee jerk reaction guaranteed to make the other camp of users unhappy.

OPF-G, RMR often isn't a drop in part, Trijicon holds a tolerance above, and Glock holds a tolerance below, the present OPF-G, RMR dimensions are a best effort to make most users happy.  Short of customers sending their sights and slides to us to find a plate that fits perfectly, we'll continue to get yelled at for not making the plate too long, too short, too tight, and too loose.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 4:44:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Had a real upset customer call up to say the sight was too tight (RMR on the + side of the tolerances), and the plate has a gap in front and rear (MOS cut is too long).  In the past year since the introduction, this has happened but a few times, thankfully.

Most folks are understanding and know we don't make the sight or the slide.  Correction on our part in either direction would be a knee jerk reaction guaranteed to make the other camp of users unhappy.

OPF-G, RMR often isn't a drop in part, Trijicon holds a tolerance above, and Glock holds a tolerance below, the present OPF-G, RMR dimensions are a best effort to make most users happy.  Short of customers sending their sights and slides to us to find a plate that fits perfectly, we'll continue to get yelled at for not making the plate too long, too short, too tight, and too loose.  
View Quote

Fingers crossed that doesn’t happen to me. The most unusual and least often occurrences happen to me. RMR gets here tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 6:07:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

This actually has me contemplating buying a VP9.

Honestly, outside of Staccato, if you don't make a plate for the platform, I don't bother looking at it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 6:47:31 PM EDT
[#44]
There are more MOS cuts too short than too long, but RMR on the + side of the tolerance is common, there are solutions for it.  Relieve the front of the round recoil lugs (front of the lugs is flat), and if you mess up, we'll replace the plate all the same.  When folks already have their minds made up and firmly believe Trijicon's tolerances above, and Glock's below our plate are our problem to solve, there are no workable solutions because everything is our fault, never mind we make neither the sight nor the slide.

Quoted:

Fingers crossed that doesn’t happen to me. The most unusual and least often occurrences happen to me. RMR gets here tomorrow.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/31/2021 6:58:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Do you have a SIG M17/M18? Because OPF-M17, RMR is nearing production status

Quoted:

This actually has me contemplating buying a VP9.

Honestly, outside of Staccato, if you don't make a plate for the platform, I don't bother looking at it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/1/2021 2:28:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Duffy, brain fart of a question: but the screws included are for both RMR and SRO right?  I know the SRO body is a little taller than the RMR body, but wasn't sure if the screws were the same length.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 6:33:54 AM EDT
[#47]

What iron sights are those?
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 7:10:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/1/2021 10:33:42 AM EDT
[#49]
It is very slightly taller in the mounting counter sink holes on the sight, minor enough to make no difference, or same as if you put a Trijicon sealer plate underneath an RMR.  Thread engagement is fine, we don't focus on it because as long as it meets minimum thread engagement (based on the diameter, length, threads and strength of the screws), any more is irrelevant and zero return for the effort.  OFP-G, RMR uses the same thickness and threads as the OEM Glock MOS plate, whereas the OEM is found wanting, the same screws and thread engagement design has never failed on OPF-G, RMR.  This backs up what was mentioned earlier re: minimum thread engagement.  What we have done differently is we keep the sight immobile on the plate.  Solve that, and it solves everything else.  

Chief among other reasons, this is why we are adamant about not "correcting" anything in either direction, we tried to tighten the tolerances on the sight to plate dimensions and made many RMRs difficult to fit on the plate.  Plates made after the May production have the original dimensions which fit most RMRs, but some RMRs are longer or shorter.  Owners of longer sights want us to make changes to the plate, which would affect the rest of the RMR users and make the have to fit the plate.  We keep stressing the plate isn't a drop in part like what one would expect of AR parts, OPF-G, RMR's design uses, and requires the sight to be tight on the plate.

We also don't focus on the sight to plate screws.  On OPF-G, RMR, the sight to plate screws only need to hold the sight down, as the plate holds the sight immobile there's no energy to the screws.  Stronger or longer screws without keeping the sight from moving are treating the symptoms but not the cause.

Quoted:
Duffy, brain fart of a question: but the screws included are for both RMR and SRO right?  I know the SRO body is a little taller than the RMR body, but wasn't sure if the screws were the same length.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/1/2021 3:37:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I’m glad somebody thinks their stuff isn’t that good or close to equal to @duffy /FCD STUFF.

A lot of the people in the Reddit forums act like they’re equals and some think better. I’ve researched extensively and any thing I put a red dot on will get FCD
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have yet to receive the one I ordered from them (CHPWS) a month ago. I backordered one and was told it would be a couple days at the latest. A week later nothing. Turns out my order was stuck in their system and wasn't processed. I had to get on them like three times in order to get one shipped out. I still haven't so much have received an order confirmation email until I got my shipping notice
Page / 52
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top